• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlock the Benefits of Hosting a Mystery Show - Expert Tips and Tricks

like getting bookings? I always offer more entries into the drawing based on what I need to have happen (sales and bookings) in my business.
ChefKeender
It seems that several of you are having luck with the Mystery Host Shows. I am thinking of doing one, but I have a question...when you divvy up the benefits to several people, how do you handle the warranty issue?

I just explained that it all goes on as the host order. They all get copies of the host receipt. If there's ever a problem I would call HO and handle it for them.

I only give the benefits to two people, making one the host and one the co-host. That way there is no confusion.

I also explain that all "prizes" are on the host receipt. I give them each one and highlight the products that belong to them. My information is on the receipt so I advise them to give me a call if they have any problems and I will assist them.

I'm hosting a mystery host show this Friday. I provide a 3 course dinner - app, main, dessert and drink. For those that decide to purchase at least $25 worth in products, their name will go into a drawing to receive all the host benefits.

Everyone else will have their orders applied to the winner's party and there is emphasis on bookings for future parties so those that did not win will be able to host their own parties for the host rewards.

Joelen said:
I'm hosting a mystery host show this Friday. I provide a 3 course dinner - app, main, dessert and drink. For those that decide to purchase at least $25 worth in products, their name will go into a drawing to receive all the host benefits.

Everyone else will have their orders applied to the winner's party and there is emphasis on bookings for future parties so those that did not win will be able to host their own parties for the host rewards.

Is there anything else you are hoping to achieve from this show . . . like getting bookings? I always offer more entries into the drawing based on what I need to have happen (sales and bookings) in my business.

Here's an example from my summer Mystery Host show. The number in parenthesis is the # of tickets they get for the activity. This show was held on June 27:

When I place an order I will earn tickets by:
RSVP by June 24 (2)
Placing an order at show or online (5)
Bringing an adult guest not invited by Jeanine or an outside order (5)
Holding a Cooking show in July (15)
Holding a Catalog show in July (10)
Holding a Cooking show in August (15)
Holding a Catalog show in August (5)
Hosting a table at the Sept. Multi-Host Show (10)
Purchase $50 or more in products (5)
For every $25 spent beyond the first $50

If this sounds like a lot of work, it's really not but you will need a helper. My DH has been my Mystery Host show assistant for 6 years. I do the tally (the above information is printed on a quarter of a piece of paper and I check those items that are appropriate) and my husband hands out the tickets based on this tally sheet.

chefjeanine said:
Is there anything else you are hoping to achieve from this show . . . like getting bookings? I always offer more entries into the drawing based on what I need to have happen (sales and bookings) in my business.

Here's an example from my summer Mystery Host show. The number in parenthesis is the # of tickets they get for the activity. This show was held on June 27:

RSVP by June 24 (2)

So what do you give away? One host gift? Two? Do you keep anything for yourself? I've seen that some hosts keep the 60% gift for themselves...

If it's a big show (over $1000) I would split the host benefits between a Host and a Co-host, otherwise one person gets the benefits. If it's a weird month like this one (where they can choose two 60% off items) I might offer a third person a choice. I kind of play this part by ear. . .

I don't think I've kept any of the benefits for myself from these shows unless someone did not want the Host Bonus.

Edited for spelling.

Last edited:
Thanks Jeanine!

chefjeanine said:
Bookings are never an issue for me... I'm already booked up through the middle of October from last month's mystery host event! Through my mystery host events, I usually get about 2-4 bookings. :)ETA: I always give out incentives like a Seasons Best or some recipe cards and that does the trick for those that attend the shows.

Joelen said:
Bookings are never an issue for me... I'm already booked up through the middle of October from last month's mystery host event! Through my mystery host events, I usually get about 2-4 bookings. :)

ETA: I always give out incentives like a Seasons Best or some recipe cards and that does the trick for those that attend the shows.

How many do you have attend these 3-course meals? Is ity a sit-down meal?

I have done a $1000 mystery-host catalog show, where everyone (up to 10) participating guest collects $100 in orders, including their own, and an extra ticket for each additional $100 they collect. I pulled tickets and have this way:

winner: $200+ free shopping spree + 30% off everything else, 10% PHD
2nd ticket pulled: 2 half-priced items + 30% off
3rd: 2 half-priced items + 30% off
4th: 60% off monthly special + 30% off

Everyone was thrilled. I will take better notes though about who ordered what on final host orders. Otherwise not too difficult. Might be easier to do direct shipping on collected orders too (I would just pay the shipping minus $4).

:)

chefjeanine said:

RSVP by June 24 (2)

If this sounds like a lot of work, it's really not but you will need a helper. My DH has been my Mystery Host show assistant for 6 years. I do the tally (the above information is printed on a quarter of a piece of paper and I check those items that are appropriate) and my husband hands out the tickets based on this tally sheet.

How did this show turn out? Sales? Bookings??

its_me_susan said:
How many do you have attend these 3-course meals? Is ity a sit-down meal?

Usually its been about 10 people. These aren't exactly sit down events... it goes kinda like this:

When guests arrive, I have appetizers already done. They are welcome to start munching on the hot apps and drinks I have in the quik stir pitcher.

As they eat the apps, I finish another batch of the appetizers in front of them to start the demo.

After everyone gets settled in, I inform them that its an interactive dinner that they will be preparing with me. (This is outlined in their invite so its not a surprise to them.)

I'll then start the main entree. Depending on what I've chosen to serve, I'll have folks help prepare it by chopping up veggies, grating cheese, stiring, spreading, cutting, etc. I aim to prep as much in advance except for those items that can be done with a chopper, microplane grater, garlic press, etc.

For the dessert (which might need to be prepared before the entree due to timing), I'll have another set of folks stir, mix, prep the bakeware, etc.

While folks are preparing the courses, I'll talk about the products have them ask questions. Those folks not helping are given product cards and I have them read tips/hints on them.

One of my main goals is to have everyone involved in preparing the meal at some point from either preparing it, reading the product cards, asking questions, etc.

When everything has been prepared, we all eat and talk about the products they currently have in their home, what they wish they could replace and also look through the catalogs and is also provided with the shopping list with all the items listed for them to check off if they're interested in them. I'll also pass around my "Pampered Chef Menu" binder. In this binder, I have sections broken down as follows (all sheets are in page protectors):

What is Pampered Chef - Preface
Specials of the Day - for the host (host special flyer)
Specials of the Day - for the guests (guest special flyer)
Appetizers - Products $25 or less (product list I created)
Main Entrees - PC catalog
Desserts - "our sweetest offerings" info on becoming a host/host rewards
Additional Menus - "other cravings" of theme show menus
Still Hungry? - "have your fill" recruiting info to be a consultant

I pass this around and that gets people talking too.

In my invites, I informed everyone that if they purchase at least $25 in products, their name would be drawn to receive all the host rewards for that night.

1. How can hosting a mystery show benefit me as a host?

As a host, you can earn free and discounted products, as well as receive exclusive host rewards. This is a great way to stock up on Pampered Chef items for your own kitchen or to give as gifts.

2. What is a mystery show and how does it work?

A mystery show is a fun and unique way to host a Pampered Chef party. The host invites a group of friends over and they each choose a mystery product to purchase. The host will then earn the host rewards based on the total sales from the mystery products chosen by their guests.

3. Can I choose the mystery products that will be offered at my show?

Yes, you can work with your Pampered Chef consultant to choose the mystery products that will be available at your show. This allows you to customize the products to your guests' interests and needs.

4. How can I ensure a successful mystery show?

To have a successful mystery show, it's important to invite a good mix of friends and family who are interested in Pampered Chef products. You can also offer incentives, such as a prize for the guest who chooses the most expensive mystery product, to increase participation.

5. Do I need to have previous experience hosting a Pampered Chef party to host a mystery show?

No, you do not need any prior experience hosting a Pampered Chef party to host a mystery show. Your consultant will provide you with all the necessary information and support to ensure a successful and fun event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cookie325
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies