• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unique School Fundraising Ideas: Got Feedback?

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of school fundraisers and the use of specific items or package deals instead of the whole catalog. The participants share their experiences and suggestions, including offering discounted packages and creating custom order forms to avoid calculation errors. The conversation also touches on the importance of offering various price levels and incentives for customers.
jrny2001
Silver Member
Has anyone done a school fundraiser offering just certain items as opposed to the whole catalog?

What package deals or combinations have you used?
Did you discount the price at all or charge full price?

I would love some feedback on this. I have been asked to present my "fundraiser" at a middle school at the end of the month (800+ students). I will be up against the other companies that ofer 50% profit right off the top. I need to make this as easy and inviting as possible;) ;) ;)

The other companies offer more $$ because they jack up their prices.

I say offer the whole catalog.There's something for every wallet in there.

redsoxgirl said:
I say offer the whole catalog.There's something for every wallet in there.

I was trying to make it easy. With a package deal I could add the tax, S&H all in the price. I know there will be MANY errors if they have to figure it out themselves.

If you are worried about errors with calculations, you could always create a custom order form that is more "idiot-proof". I used to do that for my catalog shows... especially the ones that were in another state where shipping is taxable (it is not in Ohio). I got away from it and started noticing more calculation errors, so I need to get back into that habit.

As far as "packages", you most certainly can do that... but I would make sure that you have various price levels... maybe in $10 increments. As long as the tax and shipping will be the same for each customer (people don't live in different counties or states with different tax rates), then you can say "this package is $x, which includes s/h and tax."

Hello!

I have done school fundraisers offering specific items from the catalog instead of the whole thing. It can be a great way to streamline the process and make it more manageable for both the school and the customers.

As for package deals or combinations, I have used a "Kitchen Essentials" bundle that includes our most popular items, such as a chef's knife, cutting board, and measuring cups. I have also offered a "Baking Basics" bundle which includes items like a baking sheet, measuring spoons, and a mixing bowl. These packages have been popular because they offer a variety of items at a discounted price.

In terms of pricing, I have found that offering a slight discount (around 10%) on the packages can be a great incentive for customers to purchase them. However, I have also had success with selling the packages at full price, especially if they are already discounted compared to buying the items separately.

I hope this helps and good luck with your middle school fundraiser! Let me know if you have any other questions or need more ideas. I'm always happy to help!

What are some unique school fundraising ideas?

Some unique school fundraising ideas include hosting a virtual talent show, selling custom school merchandise, organizing a car wash or bake sale, hosting a trivia night, and partnering with local businesses for a percentage of sales.

How can I gather feedback for our fundraising event?

You can gather feedback by sending out surveys to students, parents, and community members, hosting a focus group, or using social media polls. You can also include a feedback section on your event website or have a suggestion box at the event.

What should I do with the feedback gathered?

Use the feedback to make improvements for future events and to see what aspects of the event were successful. You can also use the feedback to gather ideas for new and unique fundraising ideas.

How can I make our fundraising event stand out?

You can make your fundraising event stand out by incorporating a theme, offering unique prizes or incentives, partnering with local businesses for donations or sponsorships, and utilizing social media to promote the event.

What are some ways to involve the community in our fundraising event?

You can involve the community by reaching out to local businesses for sponsorships or donations, inviting community members to attend the event, and promoting the event through community organizations or social media groups.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Caringpurelove
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
rmcim