• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Completed a Very Successful Fundraiser for Our School Band

In summary, the conversation was about a successful fundraiser for a school band program that brought in $7838.00 in guest sales and had 5-6 bookings from the orders. The fundraiser garnered a personal telephone call from the Canadian VP and a great commission cheque. Some members expressed interest in seeing the cover letter and materials used, and the organizer mentioned giving incentives for the top seller. There was also discussion about the donated percentage and whether $1200 was a low profit. Overall, the fundraiser was praised for its success.
rmcim
I just completed a very successful fundraiser for our school band program. I made packages containing a cover letter, catalogue and outside order forms. I then gave enough packages to the band teacher and asked that each student bring back a minimum of $100.00 in sales by a certain date. We were very successful in bringing in $7838.00 in guest sales and had 5-6 bookings from the orders. When all is said and done the band program should end up with approximately $1200.00 clear profit! It was very easy to pull off and I am seriously considering trying to do one every couple of months with different schools across the province. This fundraiser even garnered me a personal telephone call from Janice Gerol, Canadian VP! Not to mention a great commission cheque...:D

Way to go!
That check will sure come in handy - for the school and for you!

Way To Go!!!I Just joined !! and look who I found!!

I am her Director - and I have never been so proud!!
:)

rmcim said:
I just completed a very successful fundraiser for our school band program. I made packages containing a cover letter, catalogue and outside order forms. I then gave enough packages to the band teacher and asked that each student bring back a minimum of $100.00 in sales by a certain date. We were very successful in bringing in $7838.00 in guest sales and had 5-6 bookings from the orders. When all is said and done the band program should end up with approximately $1200.00 clear profit! It was very easy to pull off and I am seriously considering trying to do one every couple of months with different schools across the province. This fundraiser even garnered me a personal telephone call from Janice Gerol, Canadian VP! Not to mention a great commission cheque...:D
I am getting ready to do a fundraiser for a school who's kitchen just burnt down! We are going with the angle of doing a strict kitchen show and supplying the kitchen with PC products, instead of the money. Did you give any incentives for the top seller or anything?
Way to go on your great fundraiser!!!

Do you think that $1200 is low for gathering over $7,000 in sales? Or were they happy with that. I realize that it's $1200 that they didn't have before the fundraiser, but I wish that PC would up the donated percentageGreat job on collecting so many sales. I need to learn how to get my fundraiser sales higher

rmcim said:

Can you upload the cover letter you used? I have looked on here and revamped one for one I may have. But your generated a lot of sales and I would love to see it.

Or if you want to email it to me.

How many kids participated?

Thanks!

I'd love to see the letter too!

I would also love to see any materials you gave them.

C. Schapker said:
I am getting ready to do a fundraiser for a school who's kitchen just burnt down! We are going with the angle of doing a strict kitchen show and supplying the kitchen with PC products, instead of the money. Did you give any incentives for the top seller or anything?
Way to go on your great fundraiser!!!
Yes, I did give away a top seller prize - it consisted of a red silicon trivit folded to look like a stocking (so to speak) and I threw in a few door prize type (Season's Best, Quick Cut Paring Knife, Bamboo Tongs, etc.) and I also gave the top seller an ice cream sandwich maker. My top seller sold over $400!

mandydollie said:
Do you think that $1200 is low for gathering over $7,000 in sales? Or were they happy with that. I realize that it's $1200 that they didn't have before the fundraiser, but I wish that PC would up the donated percentageGreat job on collecting so many sales. I need to learn how to get my fundraiser sales higher
They were very happy with the $1200.00 they earned...This was a big boost for the band program and was done with very little effort on their part! Our band program consists of 100 students who were each asked to get $100.00 in sales... and majority of them did it!

jrstephens said:
Can you upload the cover letter you used? I have looked on here and revamped one for one I may have. But your generated a lot of sales and I would love to see it.

Or if you want to email it to me.

How many kids participated?

Thanks!
There were 100 students who were asked to participate. Of those 100 we had probably around 75 who actually submitted orders. The students were each invited to obtain $100 in sales. There were some orders which were more than $100 (one student had $400 in sales!), but very few were below the $80 required for the free cooling rack.

I prepared a letter (attached) and enclosed it in a large brown envelope along with 5 outside order forms - although I would only give them 3 max next time as only a few used more than one order form, and 1 catalogue. On the outside of the envelope, I photocopied important reminder information such as Student's Name, date orders were due back to me or to their band teacher, payment information, my contact information, online ordering information, etc. Be sure to write on the top of the outside order form "Student's Name:__________" so that you know which student belongs to which orders in case they come out of the envelopes.

When entering the orders on Pampered Partner, I put the student's name in the address line on the guests information so that when I printed off my electronic sales receipts to enclose with their orders, I knew exactly which student belonged to which orders. This made it easier when it came time to sort the order.

There was a total of 22 boxes delivered and I had 3 parent volunteers help me sort. We worked as 2 teams and each team had one person who read off the items to go in the bag and the other volunteer filled the bags from the boxes. We had all orders sorted and filled in less than 2 hours! The students were then told where to pick up their orders and they either delivered the orders or had the guests pick them up themselves... All went extremely smooth and I would definitely do it again!

Good luck!

Attachments

• Fundraiser Letter.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 431

What are the benefits of hosting a fundraiser with Pampered Chef?

Hosting a fundraiser with Pampered Chef allows your organization to earn up to 15% of the total sales in free products. This can help offset costs and provide valuable items for your school band.

How can I get started with a fundraiser for our school band?

To get started, simply contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to schedule a fundraiser. Our consultants will guide you through the process and provide all the necessary materials and support.

What types of products are available for fundraising with Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of high-quality kitchen products that are perfect for fundraising. From cookware and bakeware to kitchen tools and gadgets, our products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier.

How long does it take to receive the products after the fundraiser ends?

Typically, it takes 2-3 weeks for the products to be delivered after the fundraiser ends. However, this may vary depending on the location and size of the order.

What support does Pampered Chef provide during the fundraiser?

Pampered Chef provides various types of support during the fundraiser, including marketing materials, order forms, and online ordering options. Our consultants are also available to answer any questions and provide guidance throughout the process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dianevill
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • KennethandTiffany
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • koima