• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Child's School Fundraiser with These Tips - Urgent Help Needed!

In summary, a past host contacted Becky with the idea to do a fundraiser for her children's school, which has 150 students participating. She has received approval from the principal and recruited help to prepare the orders. Becky is seeking advice on how to motivate the kids and their parents to do well with the fundraiser. Some suggestions include offering incentives such as gift cards and organizing a party for the class with the highest sales. Becky is excited about the potential success of the fundraiser and will keep everyone updated.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Okay - Yesterday a past host called me because she just had a great idea that this would be the perfect time to do a Fundraiser for her children's school, and would like to start this week! It's a small private school - K-8th grade, with 150 students participating......She went ahead and got approval from the principal, and also recruited help to get the orders unpacked and separated when they arrive! I have been running around all day collecting catalogs from my upline and downline, and have been on here several times finding a good cover letter, etc.....
NOW - I need your help! I will not be doing any type of presentation - I am dropping off the order packets to her tomorrow, and it will be a strictly Catalog Fundraiser only......what can I do to make sure the kids (and their parents) are motivated to do well with this fundraiser? I would love for this to do well and end the year with a bang! Any and all advice from all of you would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Here you are Becky! I did a fundraiser with 30 girl scout girls so I didn't have nearly as many but I bought the 10 x 12 yellow envelopes, put a catalog w 2 order forms and had stapled a cover letter outside.

Here's what it looks like. We opted out of incentives for the kids b/c their main focus was making money.

Attachments

• Girl Scout Fundraising Letter1.doc
    37 KB · Views: 406
Thanks Kristi! That looks great! I hadn't really thought of incentives for the kids???? I've never done a fundraiser w/ kids before - All of my fundraisers have been w/ adult groups.
Did it work okay not doing incentives? I'm already donating a portion of my commission (to bring the % earned to 20% for them), and the cost of yellow envelopes (bought 'em today!) and catalogs......didn't really want to shell out more money....

Yes it did work without incentives. :p It turned out to be over $800 and I donated 10% of my commission from it since I was a former girl scout!

I'm glad I helped! ;)

Try these for follow up to parents.

Attachments

• DearParents2ndweekFRletter.doc
    90.5 KB · Views: 291
I think incentives are good too - however, they can be school related. Like a school shirt, or lunch with their favorite teacher, maybe pick the menu at school one day - something.... when my kids are motivated they do better - they have a goal they are working toward, like with jump rope for heart,,,, if they get a certain amount they earn A... etc.... good luck.

I just finished a fundraiser and it was a lot of work, but I also felt like I did something good for a group.

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - Yesterday a past host called me because she just had a great idea that this would be the perfect time to do a Fundraiser for her children's school, and would like to start this week! It's a small private school - K-8th grade, with 150 students participating......She went ahead and got approval from the principal, and also recruited help to get the orders unpacked and separated when they arrive! I have been running around all day collecting catalogs from my upline and downline, and have been on here several times finding a good cover letter, etc.....
NOW - I need your help! I will not be doing any type of presentation - I am dropping off the order packets to her tomorrow, and it will be a strictly Catalog Fundraiser only......what can I do to make sure the kids (and their parents) are motivated to do well with this fundraiser? I would love for this to do well and end the year with a bang! Any and all advice from all of you would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Not sure if you mean something like this as an incentive....Highest seller...25.00 gift card to toys r us, or something like that? HTH

What I did for my fundraiser was offered a drawing for a $10 gift card to walmart or kmart I had 3 kids participate and it was over 800 in sales

For incentives, but maybe something like a party for the class with the highest sales, where you do the "catering" with PC recipes. Kid-friendly, of course! Maybe invite the parents too?

supergirljennie said:
For incentives, but maybe something like a party for the class with the highest sales, where you do the "catering" with PC recipes. Kid-friendly, of course! Maybe invite the parents too?

What a great idea! Thanks to everyone for all your wonderful help! I'll let you know how it all turns out. I'm excited about the possibilities!

I offered gift cards for the child with the most orders and also one for the child with the most money collected....

fundraiser incentiveI just did a fundraiser for a Safety Patrol group & I offered $50 (to go toward his/her trip) toward the student with the most sales.. I know it's a bit much I was hoping big.....ok the girl with the most orders her mom had an $1100 show & she's still giving me orders so it was well worth the $50 that I'm donating & the fundraiser is going to close out at about $4800 with 30 kids but about 20 of them sold products.

I'm so excited I can't wait until the next fundraiser :D

Anne in NY

wow anne - that is soooo awesome!!!!!

I like the $50.00 idea!

congrats

I offered $25 Blockbuster cards at my last fundraiser and the kids loved it! I tied them onto a pack of microwave popcorn with curly ribbon and gave them out to the highest dollar amount and highest number of orders.

What do you all think of also offering something for the student with the highest bookings?

definately! I say go for it - you need to keep your business going!

What is an "Urgent Fundraiser Help!"?

An "Urgent Fundraiser Help!" is a special program offered by Pampered Chef to help organizations and groups raise funds quickly. It is designed to be a quick and easy way to raise much-needed funds for a cause or project.

How does the "Urgent Fundraiser Help!" program work?

The program works by offering a selection of Pampered Chef products at a discounted price to the organization or group. These products can then be sold at a higher price to supporters, with the difference being kept as profit for the fundraiser. Pampered Chef also provides marketing materials and support to help make the fundraiser a success.

Who can participate in the "Urgent Fundraiser Help!" program?

Any organization or group in need of funds can participate in the program, including schools, sports teams, community groups, and nonprofit organizations. It is a great option for both large and small groups looking to raise money quickly.

What is the minimum order requirement for the "Urgent Fundraiser Help!" program?

The minimum order requirement for the program is $750 in retail sales. This can be achieved by selling a combination of products from our catalog or online store.

How long does it take to receive the products for an "Urgent Fundraiser Help!"?

Once the order is placed, it typically takes 7-10 business days for the products to be delivered. However, this may vary depending on the shipping location and availability of the products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • rebeccasmith
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
rebeccasmith
  • Tonya Sue
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies