• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready to Raise Big Bucks with a PC Fundraiser? Tips Inside!

I didn't actually change the date, I just put it up a little earlier because I wanted to make sure everyone knew about the change. I have been planning this fundraiser for quite some time now and I'm so excited to be able to do it with the help of all of you!
PampMomof3
Gold Member
I'm a member of our schools PTO and they were talking about the HOney Baked Ham Fundraiser that fell through. So I was sitting there waiting for them to finish and then suggested the PC Fundraiser. Well they told me to get the info together and bring it back this week. I went to my son's game and worked on costs and all that and gave it to them this morning.

Well, the principal pulled me aside and said she LOVES the idea and wants to start it April 13th. YAY!! My first fundraiser with over 740 kids and of course there are multiple kids per family but I am SO EXCITED!!!

I'm going to do the mini catalog instead of the full catalog b/c the difference is $90 vs $360 just for catalogs. The full amount of my cost is $135 which will be deducted from the profit. Yes, I'm donating my commission as well but I'm stoked for the exposure and trip points!!!! If all kids turn in $100 that would be $75,000!! Now that's crazy but I'll take a $1000 fundraiser at this point!!

Does anyone have any good tips??
Just had to share with you guys!! Thanks for being excited with me!!

Wow, Way to go!
I would make a 2 X 4 inch label (you can buy 1000 for $30 or so) to place on each mini with all your info and how to order.

When you get the products, make a thank you letter to put with the products.

That's a great idea to use the mini catalogs. Plus, you can also let them know that they can shop your website and purchase from the full catalog if they wish.

WOW!!! You're getting Conference FREE!!!!! :D

Ginger428 said:
WOW!!! You're getting Conference FREE!!!!! :D

I KNOW!! I can't wait!

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Wow, Way to go!
I would make a 2 X 4 inch label (you can buy 1000 for $30 or so) to place on each mini with all your info and how to order.

When you get the products, make a thank you letter to put with the products.

Great Idea! I think I might play around with that idea!! Thank yoU!

Well they told me to get the info together and bring it back this week. I went to my son's game and worked on costs and all that and gave it to them this morning.

Can you post the info. you gave to the principal? How did you present it?

I just gave it to her with the price breakdown of mini's vs. full catalogs.
I think it might be too wordy and I need to talk to the PTO president to find out what works for motivator prizes for the kids still.
Here ya go.

Attachments

• Outside Order Form-Kristi.doc
    43 KB · Views: 517
  • Turner Fundraising Letter.doc
    43.5 KB · Views: 525
Please keep us posted to how this fundraiser goes for you. I'd love to hear the results! :)I have been thinking of contacting my PTO, but am not quite sure how to and what I should say. I know this year they are doing a ton of different fundraisers for all the different organizations within the school. For example, all the classes are doing one to raise money for next year's field trips. Then the music department is doing one for their department. The gym teacher sent out one that's to benefit AHA plus extra $ they'll get for gym equipment, etc.Any advice on how to approach the PTO and what to say? Should I call or mail them info?

Wow!!! That's soooo exciting!!!! Can't wait to hear the success story :)

• The computer will pull up the options and just click on the name.

What do you mean by this? Are you tracking the orders by student? How are you doing this if the Fundraiser is set up on your PWS under the PTO?

I have plans to contact our PTA and town sports programs to do fundraising too and this may be useful...

Thanks so much :)

Kristi,
I noticed something on your letter. You wrote, "The sale starts today and will end before spring break, April 2nd" However, you stated on your first post that the fundraiser starts April 13th? I just wanted you to be aware of the mistake as I'm not sure which is the correct date. CONGRATS ON THIS AWESOME FUNDRAISER!

smspamperedchef said:
Kristi,
I noticed something on your letter. You wrote, "The sale starts today and will end before spring break, April 2nd" However, you stated on your first post that the fundraiser starts April 13th? I just wanted you to be aware of the mistake as I'm not sure which is the correct date. CONGRATS ON THIS AWESOME FUNDRAISER!
Thank you!!!! I didn't go back and change that since I spoke to the principal to find out the date. I've now corrected it and appreciate your help!!!

THANKS guys!!! I'll let you know what happens!

elijahstrust said:
What do you mean by this? Are you tracking the orders by student? How are you doing this if the Fundraiser is set up on your PWS under the PTO?
Thanks so much :)

I have a flyer that will do that for the kids but the printing of 750 flyers gets to be EXPENSIVE!!! I wish we could put an attachment on our website so people could print it off. I'll have to check to see if I can attach it to the schools website. I'll let you know.

This is the flyer to track online orders.
ETA: I corrected the you to your on the bottom!

Attachments

• On-line Orders Log Sheet.doc
    28 KB · Views: 420
PampMomof3 said:
I have a flyer that will do that for the kids but the printing of 750 flyers gets to be EXPENSIVE!!! I wish we could put an attachment on our website so people could print it off. I'll have to check to see if I can attach it to the schools website. I'll let you know.

This is the flyer to track online orders.
ETA: I corrected the you to your on the bottom!

There's a couple little typos at the end of that form:

Please turn in this log with you packet at then end of the fund-raiser.

babywings76 said:
There's a couple little typos at the end of that form:

Please turn in this log with you packet at then end of the fund-raiser.

Thanks Amanda!

babywings76 said:
Please keep us posted to how this fundraiser goes for you. I'd love to hear the results! :)

I have been thinking of contacting my PTO, but am not quite sure how to and what I should say. I know this year they are doing a ton of different fundraisers for all the different organizations within the school. For example, all the classes are doing one to raise money for next year's field trips. Then the music department is doing one for their department. The gym teacher sent out one that's to benefit AHA plus extra $ they'll get for gym equipment, etc.

Any advice on how to approach the PTO and what to say? Should I call or mail them info?

Do it NOW... The fundraisers for the next school year are planned in the Spring. I am going to hit the local PTO/PTAs in April with proposals. I want some more fundraisers this year! I am waiting to see the results of my first one to be able to "brag about it" so they see it does work! My fundraiser forms are in the files... It says "Sonrise Gymnastics" on them and were posted recently (this month).

So, what would be a good script to use when I call the school (to find out who I should speak with, who's in charge of fundraising ideas, can I put stuff together and send it in for them to look over, etc.) I just don't know the right wording to use so I come across as helpful and not self-serving.

I think that you did a great job with the letter and order form. I'm trying to get some more fundraisers but just don't know where to start. PC doesn't give a whole bunch of info or training on doing fundraisers.

Did you say how many catalogs you are giving to each student? I like the mini-catalog idea too!

Ok, I guess I'm still a little confused on tracking by student. Forgive me, I have a migraine today and maybe on another day this would just click in my head...but not today :-(. Anyways, is this the scenario? Student goes to neighbor's house...they want to place an order...do they write it on the outside order form and then go home and enter online themselves? Then record it on the online order log sheet? I'm just wondering how anyone would know what to log on the sheet if the customer is ordering online themselves....

thanks...

I asked on the Gymnastics one that each order form have the gymnast's name on the order. They didn't do this and I ended up making calls and sending emails to find out the info. I honestly don't know how to spell it out any clearer to get them to do it easier. In fact, the people "in charge" at the Club told me I was calling and emailing people who ordered and they wanted to know why. I told them I emailed or called for one of three reasons... 1. Order form was not added correctly. 2. Gymnast name was no where on it so I didn't know who to credit it to. 3. Thank them for the order! Geez...what an awful person I was!:rolleyes:

How do you do the S&H for everyone. I have approached larger organizations about fundraising, but they always comment on the S&H is too expensive for each person. How do you get past that?

And a note on the price of printing flyers- don't forget about Pampered Perks. You can get flyers printed thru Office Depot for $.03.

cookn' katie said:
How do you do the S&H for everyone. I have approached larger organizations about fundraising, but they always comment on the S&H is too expensive for each person. How do you get past that?

My principal and teachers are customers of mine so they're all used to it BUT the PTO President said "So each order pays $4.25?" I said yes, that's just the way it is but alot of other DS Companies have over 10% s/h.

An idea I'm doing for my 1st fundraiser is raffle tickets. Sell 200 raffle tickets at $5 each nets $1000. 10% off the top goes directly to the organization. The $900 left over goes toward drawing 6 names who each get $150 PC shopping spree!

kristina16marie said:
An idea I'm doing for my 1st fundraiser is raffle tickets. Sell 200 raffle tickets at $5 each nets $1000. 10% off the top goes directly to the organization. The $900 left over goes toward drawing 6 names who each get $150 PC shopping spree!

I love this idea, have you already done it? How did it work, etc....? I am doing my first fundraiser this week and am not so sure about it.

No I have not done it yet. I got the idea from my recruiter who is also planning her first fundraiser too. I will definitely let you know how it goes. =)

Kristi or Kristina - any updates on either of your fundraisers? Trying to find the right path for my first fundraiser, I'm really leaning towards the ticket idea.

I did a large fr last year for 900 middle schools students and we are going to do it again in the spring 2010 . I am going to use the mini catalogs this year too . It was too expenstve to do the reg ones

any updates from your fundraiser of the 700+ students??? i am intersted as to how much the 'show' total was!

sorry guys! I thought I updated this. the show closed out at a little over $1k.

My tip is to not use manilla envelopes. they look too much like report cards!

1. How do I get started with a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

To get started with a Pampered Chef fundraiser, you can reach out to a local Pampered Chef consultant or visit their website to find a consultant near you. They will be able to provide you with all the necessary information and materials to get started.

2. What is the difference between a mini catalog and a full catalog fundraiser?

A mini catalog fundraiser typically offers a smaller selection of products from Pampered Chef, while a full catalog fundraiser offers a larger selection. The main difference is the cost of the catalogs, with a full catalog fundraiser costing more due to the larger number of catalogs provided.

3. How much does it cost to participate in a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The cost of participating in a Pampered Chef fundraiser varies depending on the type of fundraiser and the products chosen. However, there is typically a cost for the catalogs and other materials, which is deducted from the profit earned from the fundraiser.

4. Can I donate my commission from the fundraiser?

Yes, you can choose to donate your commission from the fundraiser to the organization or cause you are fundraising for. This is a great way to maximize the amount of money raised for your cause.

5. What are some tips for a successful Pampered Chef fundraiser?

Here are a few tips for a successful Pampered Chef fundraiser:

• Start planning early and set a clear timeline for the fundraiser.
  • Promote the fundraiser through various channels, such as social media, flyers, and word of mouth.
  • Offer incentives or prizes for top sellers or for reaching certain fundraising goals.
  • Encourage participants to host their own Pampered Chef parties to increase sales.
  • Thank donors and participants for their support and keep them updated on the progress of the fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • raebates
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Hillary
  • flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies