• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easy Fundraiser Ideas for Schools | Pampered Chef Tips and Tricks

In summary, Amanda is considering offering a fundraiser for her kids' school, but is not sure how to go about it without spending a lot of money up front. She is looking for suggestions on how to make the fundraiser successful.
jesusluvsu2005
Hi! I just signed with Pampered Chef this week! I am very excited about my new career! I have thought about offering to do a fundraiser for my kids' school. Do schools usually agree to these? How do I do it without it costing me lots of money? I think I read on here that catalogs are $45 for 100. My children's school goes from pre-k-4th grade. If the whole school participated that could be a couple of hundred catalogs. Maybe more not sure how many total students. Then of course you never now how many will be returned. Is there a way to do this without me spending so much before hand? My husband is disabled so money is tight. Would love some ideas! Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda in TN

First off ... don't give kids whole catalogs. Give 'em MINI catalogs. Kids lose catalogs and they are too overwelming for the average aunt, uncle or co-worker to flip through when the kid says, "Do you want to look at my fundraiser?"The teacher can have a full catalog ... and if you have a PWS they can order online as well!If not ... maybe you can still distribute full catalogs to members of the PTO. These are the parents who are more committed to the cause.Also ... check with your director. I asked my director if she had some books I could buy and she was just getting ready to send in an order ... with her shipping rate, it only is costing me $13 for 50 books! A deal you can't beat with a stick! The catalogs are cheaper when you get more of them.

FR ideasHi, Amanda!

Fundraisers are a great, fun way to get new business. Not often a great way to make $$ for you - but if you aim big, you can get great recognition, not to mention great $$ for your cause.

Get a handful of catalogs to KEY people at the preschool, and write on them with big black marker - DESK COPY - DO NOT REMOVE. Work in your cluster or use your resources to get a stack of old catalogs - have these available in stacks to give out, with a sticker on them - for folks to contact you (or director's secretary) to see a current catalog.

Most importantly, develop a good flyer to tell the preschool community what you are doing. Then, second most important, have a closing "show" that you invite everyone to. That's where you'll get the most orders. I'm doing a microwave cake demo for a show at noon, with an 10-2 open house. I'm setting up tables for folks to "browse" with tiny food tidbits (veggie tray, chips w/ dip, mini brownie bites w/ hershey's caramel kiss inside) and tables setup in themes - wedding (cookware, stainless bowls) - mother's day/Easter (simple additions w/ wheat grass, jelly beans) - baking stoneware - outdoor -whole new stuff for Spring plus Chilzanne. Taking orders for 4 hours with the noon demo.

PM me for other ideas.

Attachments

• fundraiser_checklist.pdf
    40.2 KB · Views: 621
Scott,

I would love to see pictures of your set up!

Hello,

I am trying to get some fundraisers started. Can I just mail out information to the schools, little league baseball, ect. and see what my responses are or do I need to call and make a contact at each location and then send the information. If I send out a letter does it need to be formal or can it just be a flyer. Please help me.

Hi, pngentil - you really need a face-to-face contact first. Otherwise, you are just one of a sea of vendors looking for business. Suggestions:

1 - why are YOU better than chocolate bars / seat cushions / cookie dough / gift wrap? (product permanence - not cruddy products - whole catalog available not just a portion with prices jacked up - no spoiling - not a fad but a proven market product) When you solidly know your WHY, you are more marketable and a more comfortable fit to the little league / band / debate team needing funds.
2 - remember fundraisers are not particularly lucrative but that they are seeds to new business. Follow up on your customers and you'll have a terrific time!
3 - I really really encourage some catalog sales (about 30%) and a live cooking show to give folks a true taste of PC. My 3300 show came from this kind of a format.

Scottcooks,

Thank you for the ideas and response. I will try to do face-to-face contact but I work full time and it makes it hard if I am not sure that they are interested. But I will give it a shot and see what happens. Thank you again.

Scott,

Sounds like you do a fair share of fundraisers. Have they been causes that you were already affiliated with or cold calls - just curious.

Scott,

Thanks for all your great advice. I have my first fundraiser coming up this week, and am doing a cooking show and a catalog show. I'm nervous...my only other shows have been small ones with friends. So...this is new for me. It's for my son's baseball team. Yesterday I was told that besides the parents, they passed a flyer around to all the teachers. You've given me some good tips, so thanks.

I'm doing a fundraiser next weekend after july 4th, involving the whole community and who wants to attend I posted info. flyers and mailed out to past hosts and guests, posted a free add in the community section of the newspaper. Already have good responses from it.

My ? is I want to set up a "price is rights" game involving everyone- and they will earn pampered dollars doing breaks--geared towards the PC and what it has to offer.

What suggestions can I have "contestants bid on"? any ideas would be great...

1. How do I get started with a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

To get started with a Pampered Chef fundraiser, you can contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to request more information. Our consultants will guide you through the process and help you set a fundraising goal, choose products, and create a timeline for your fundraiser.

2. How much money can I raise with a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The amount of money you can raise with a Pampered Chef fundraiser depends on a variety of factors, such as the number of participants, the length of your fundraiser, and the types of products you choose to sell. On average, our fundraisers raise between $500 and $1000, but some have raised even more!

3. Do I need to pay any upfront costs for a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

No, there are no upfront costs for hosting a Pampered Chef fundraiser. Our consultants will provide you with all the necessary materials and resources to get started, and you only pay for the products that are sold during your fundraiser.

4. How long does a Pampered Chef fundraiser typically last?

The length of a Pampered Chef fundraiser can vary depending on your goals and preferences. Typically, fundraisers last between 2-3 weeks, but you can work with your consultant to determine the best timeline for your specific fundraiser.

5. Can I host a Pampered Chef fundraiser online?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers the option to host a fundraiser online through a virtual party. This allows you to reach a wider audience and increase your fundraising potential. Your consultant will provide you with a personalized link to share with your friends and family, and they can place orders directly online to support your fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• starrmarie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • sprout18
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • rebeccasmith