• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unexpected Situation: Sick Son, Fundraiser Show Today - What Would You Do?

In summary, the conversation is about a mother who has a fundraiser show to attend but her son is sick and she has no one to take care of him. She considers leaving him in a corner or in the car, but others advise against it due to the risk of him getting worse or infecting others. The suggested solution is for the mother to call her host and discuss options, such as going at the beginning and checking back later, or having the host take orders for her. In the end, the mother's husband is able to come home and take care of the sick child while she attends the fundraiser.
Jennie4PC
I have a fundraiser show today and last night my son woke up sick:eek: I have no family around that can take him, and my DH is at work. What would you guys do? I have thought about taking him and having him lay in a corner away from everyone but if he throws up that is the last thing people need to hear, I have also thought about letting him sleep in the car but he is only 6 and I dont feel very comfortable about that even though he would be right outside. What would you do.

call and talk to you host, if you have one. Let them know of your situation and your concerns. Maybe you can go at the beginning and then check back at the end? Something to where your son is not having to be anywhere in a corner or something. No the car is a BAD place for him.. don't do that!! (but I think you know that!) Call right away to your host... do you have any consultants you know who are close who could maybe help you out today? Good Luck!

Jess,
That is a good idea to call my host, I didnt think about that. I dont know any consultants in my area that can help out.

I don't think bringing him out would be good, esp if he is contagious. Poor thing wants to just sleep, rest, in his own bed! I hope it works out for you----worse case scenerio, maybe you can make the recipe ahead of time and they can just eat and browse the catalog.

Good luck Jennie!

My original plan was to pre make the recipe and then do a catalog walk through. I have a few ideas of what I am planning on doing. The one who is basically the host is my friend and she knows how to calculate orders and I did talk to her.

I wouldn't leave him in the car, I also wouldn't take him out around people.
we have several friends in the past month who have had a virus and some of ended up hospitalized. It has been hanging on about 6 days, you don't want to be responsible for exposing anyone especially with the holidays coming.
I'd callt eh host and let her take orders

glad things are going to work out... i hope your baby gets better soon, its no fun being sick!

I just talked to my DH and he is coming home while I go to the fundraiser. Thank goodness it is the slow season and he can leave for a couple of hours.

Teresa,
I sure hope this doesnt last 6 days. And right before the holidays. Yikes.

thats awesome! glad he can help you out!

So glad it's working out for you. Hope DS feels better soon.

Related to Unexpected Situation: Sick Son, Fundraiser Show Today - What Would You Do?

1. What options do I have if my son is sick on the day of my scheduled fundraiser show?

If your son is sick and you are unable to attend the fundraiser show, you can reach out to your team leader or consultant support to see if another consultant is available to cover the show for you. You can also consider rescheduling the show for a later date.

2. Can I cancel or postpone the fundraiser show if my son is sick?

Yes, you can cancel or postpone the fundraiser show if your son is sick. It is important to communicate with the host and guests as soon as possible and offer alternative dates. You can also work with your team leader or consultant support to find a replacement consultant if needed.

3. Will I be penalized for canceling or rescheduling a fundraiser show due to my son's illness?

No, you will not be penalized for canceling or rescheduling a fundraiser show due to an unexpected situation like your son being sick. However, it is important to communicate with the host and guests and offer alternative options to minimize any inconvenience.

4. Can I still participate in the fundraiser show if my son is sick but I am able to find a babysitter?

If you are able to find a babysitter for your sick son, you can still participate in the fundraiser show. However, it is important to consider the well-being and recovery of your son and not to overextend yourself.

5. Is there any way to avoid situations like this in the future?

While unexpected situations like a sick child cannot always be avoided, it is important to have a backup plan in place. You can consider having a list of available consultants who can cover shows for you, or setting up a contingency plan with the host in case of last-minute cancellations. It is also important to prioritize your family's well-being and not to overcommit yourself.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
MWCOOKIN
  • kreaser
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies