• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do WW Flex Plan Points and Activity Points Affect Weight Loss?

In summary, the 7-day free trial offers 20 points per day to use, 35 "weekly points allowance", and "activity points" as you exercise each day. If you go over your daily points, you deduct that from your 35 extra points. The extra activity points can only be used the day you earn them. The online weight-loss program works best for Heather because it is easy to track points and she has lost weight before.
heat123
Silver Member
Ok, I am doing their 7 day FREE trial and I am confused:confused: I have 20 points per day to use, I get that. But I also have 35 "weekly points allowance" and acquire "activity points" as I exercise each day?

How do these extra points work exactly? If I go over my 20 points per day, it takes away from the 35 extra points? What about the activity points per day?

And if you don't use the "weekly allowance points" does it roll over the next week?
And if I stick to only the daily 20 points allotted to me, I will lose weight quicker, than if I use those extra allowance points correct?:confused:
Please Help me understand! TIA!

If you go over your daily points yes you deduct that from your 35 extra. You can not carry over the points you have to use it in that week. As for the extra activity points same thing you have to use them the day you earn them with your excercise. I love ww I lost a lot the first time I did it then switched jobs lost support group, got lazy excuse after excuse hehehe back on it now down 12 lbs so far easy plan to follow. Every need anything I am glad to help anytime.

Thanks that helps alot! Good luck! Would you say it's 1-2lbs a week of loss if you stick to your points?

For me the first week was the best I lost 5lbs. Then after that it ranges from 1-3 lbs weekly I admit a few weeks I went up 1-2 lbs to though because I did not write down my points and thought I was on track when I wasn't but the program works I love it. We are also doing a biggest Loser contest at work and I am one of the team captains and I use the weight watchers information for my team and they love it. 100 calorie packs were my best friends in the beginning they are 2 points.

Are you guys signed up online or going to meetings? I was on it once before I had my little guy and lost 40lbs with the online program.

I am trying to do it again without signing up and paying since I have all the information but I am having trouble staying accountable.

What works best for you guys.

I am doing the Online program. It's pretty easy to just enter your food and it calculates everything for me!

I found the online program worked/works best for me as well...

heat123 said:
I am doing the Online program. It's pretty easy to just enter your food and it calculates everything for me!
I love doing it online although I have to say I have to get back to tracking my points. Feel free to email me with any other questions you have because (unfortunately) I'm the QUEEN of WW only because I've been doing it (half-assed) for so long. I CAN tell you that it totally works if you do the program. I lost 50 pounds the first time I did it and this time I'm completely stuck at 25. It's been sooooo much harder this time. I guess I can no longer say I'm trying to lose the baby weight....my daughter is THREE!:eek:

pamperedbecky said:
I love doing it online although I have to say I have to get back to tracking my points. Feel free to email me with any other questions you have because (unfortunately) I'm the QUEEN of WW only because I've been doing it (half-assed) for so long. I CAN tell you that it totally works if you do the program. I lost 50 pounds the first time I did it and this time I'm completely stuck at 25. It's been sooooo much harder this time. I guess I can no longer say I'm trying to lose the baby weight....my daughter is THREE!:eek:
Have you lost the 25lbs since confrence? You looked skinnier in these most recent pics you sent!? I will go to you next time when I have a ??? thanks Beck!:)

heat123 said:
Have you lost the 25lbs since confrence? You looked skinnier in these most recent pics you sent!? I will go to you next time when I have a ??? thanks Beck!:)
No, not since conference. It's taken MUCh longer than that because I'm just not very motivated. BUT I am happy to report I started working with a personal trainer about 5 weeks ago and have a pretty good workout regimen going on. I even worked out a couple times on the cruise, which is a big first for me!

now if I can just get the food part in line, I'll be GOOD! But, thanks, Heather, you're sweet!!:)

I actually go to the meetings. I found that it forced me to hold true to it. I can lie to myself but when someone else is writing down my weight I feel more ashamed or embarrased when I did not do so good. Plus I love the tips and inspiration I get from the people at the meetings. It reminds me that I am not fighting weight alone and that it is okay to slip up just to get back on track.

I like to go to the weekly meetings also, for the same reasons (tips and inspiration). I have not been tracking diligently and so the weight is coming off slowly (some down weeks, some up weeks) but I am putting it all in the perspective of a year-it may be only 8.8 lbs in 11 weeks, but that is just over 40 in a year!! I can be patient!!
I have to say too that I am really trying to modify my eating habits rather than change them entirely so it will be easier to maintain. (I could just be fooling myself-but it works for me!):)

So is the food with WW "normal" food or is it all of the weird stuff you find on other diets??

I am just looking for a diet that I don't have to cook some weird food and spend twice as much money in order to lose weight.

elizabethfox said:
So is the food with WW "normal" food or is it all of the weird stuff you find on other diets??

I am just looking for a diet that I don't have to cook some weird food and spend twice as much money in order to lose weight.

WW is not a diet because you eat normal food and use portion control and you account for everything you eat and every food has a point value

I just started back to WW yesterday afer 2.5 years away from it.

One of the best things about WW is that you eat regular food that you buy at the grocery store. You will need to track everything that goes in your mouth, but if you want to eat pizza, eat pizza, just write it down and stay within your points. The whole concept is to retrain yourself how to eat properly and portion control. WW is all about choices and change.

I prefer the live meetings for several reasons. Accountability, motivation, Members share their successes, talk about products they have found that they want to let others know about and of course it is a weekly group of ladies and men that could be potential PC customers. PC has quite a few tools that are fabulous for WW and the "It's Good For You" cookbook has lots of low points recipes.

In the past I had quite a large customer base at my meetings, including the leader who would allow me to promote my products. I hope I can pick up some customer at my new meetings.

Good luck to all.

gidgetmarie said:
I actually go to the meetings. I found that it forced me to hold true to it. I can lie to myself but when someone else is writing down my weight I feel more ashamed or embarrased when I did not do so good. Plus I love the tips and inspiration I get from the people at the meetings. It reminds me that I am not fighting weight alone and that it is okay to slip up just to get back on track.
I do tend to do better when I go to the meetings. Since I've started a pretty regular work out regimen, I haven't had the time to go to meetings (I have a few two hour windows each week when I"m without my kids, so I started using them more to work out than go to meetings, but I do miss the meetings.)

I like that they hold me accountable for sure. I really need to get back into going to meetings. They do help!

1. What is the WW-Flex Plan-Points system?

The WW-Flex Plan-Points system is a weight loss program developed by Weight Watchers. It assigns points to different foods based on their nutritional value, and members are allotted a certain number of points each day to help them make healthier food choices.

2. How do I calculate my daily points allowance?

Your daily points allowance is calculated based on your age, weight, height, and activity level. The Weight Watchers website or app has a Points Calculator tool that can help you determine your daily points allowance.

3. Can I roll over unused points to the next day?

Yes, you can roll over up to four unused daily points to the next day. However, any unused weekly points will reset at the end of the week and cannot be carried over.

4. Are there any foods that have zero points?

Yes, there are many foods that have zero points, including fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and certain condiments. This allows members to eat more of these healthy options without using up their daily points allowance.

5. Can I earn more points through exercise?

Yes, you can earn FitPoints through exercise and physical activity. These points can be used to supplement your daily or weekly points allowance, but it is not required to use them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ughubug
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
1upland