• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Understanding Super Starter Months: A Guide for New Consultants

In summary, the Super Starter Months are a way for consultants to earn rewards and bonuses for their hard work. You are able to sign up for a month starting from the date the kit arrives. The months run with the calendar months. The Super Starter Month for January is the first month of the year. You are allowed to have a show
supergirljennie
Hi... I'm just getting ready to sign up to be a consultant. I don't think I would have been convinced to do it if it weren't for the enthusiam from all you lovely ladies (and gents?)! So thank you for being so positive and supportive. :)

Anyway, my question is about the Super Starter Months, as it wasn't explained to me terribly well. Is a month from the 1st to the 1st, or from the date of your first show, say the 23rd to the 23rd, or how exactly does that work?

Also, just another weird side note... I have had the same PC consultant for a couple of years, whom I love. My SIL just signed up to be one as well, and I mean JUST did, the past couple of weeks. What would you guys do in my situation...? Should I sign up under my regular consultant, who has been working on me for a while to do it, and whom I was planning on, or my SIL, who hasn't had any experience yet? We're not close, and she's not particularly helpful or forthcoming with info about it to me. But... she's family. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Sorry it's so long! Thanks for reading. :)

The months run with the calendar months. I am in SS3 right now and love it. I would sign up under the consultant who has been working with me. She is the one who it seems has given you the info and worked with you to get you started. Plus, if you need any help she will be more knowledgable than the SIL. Just explain the situation to the SIL is you feel bad about not helping her, that you do not want to bail on the one who got you to this point. Congrats on starting it! I love it!!!

First of all...........Welcome & GOOD LUCK!!!:D

Its from the 1st of the month to the last. I would sign on with the person that has been working with you & who has more experience(sp?). Dont worry, either way you'll be fine!:D

Wow, how different it is up here in Canada. Our SS months start on the day your kit arrives. So if it's ordered on the 10th and arrives on the 15th, your first SS month ends the next month on the 15th. Wonder why it's different?

On a sidenote, I too, would go with the gal who's been asking you and helping you to this point. Family or not, you're not close to your SIL so why would you want to be her first recruit ;) LOL

JMO,

A month is 1st to the 1st but when you sign up, I believe they give you up until the first 1st of a month as "free" time. It counts towards earning your Super Starter things but it isn't your 1st month as a consultant. They really try to be fair and allow you to earn as many free products as possible.
As far as your other question something similar happened to me. It wasn't family but a close church friend. I went to her and actually was going to sign on with her but she said I should go with the other girl because she would be better for me. Have you already talked to your original consultant about signing up? If you have I'd stick with her. Do you think maybe your SIL feels threatened by you signing up, like you would take business away from her? Maybe that is why she isn't real excited to share a lot with you. If it would cause family stress not to, I'd sign up with the SIl, if you haven't already talked to the other girl about it. It's not worth it to have family mad at you. That's just my 2 cents!:D

You can actually pick the next month to be your stuper starter month. Like when I signed up in the middle of November, I made my SS Month 1 January, but I got my kit and had a show in December and it also counted toward SS Month for your SS bonuses. Hope this helps. And Congrats on starting your new business venture, I would sign up with the one you were working with since you are pretty much all the way there with her.

We are all here to help one another, so feel free to ask any questions you want. Remember the only dumb questions are the ones not asked.

I have talked to my original consultant about it, for a couple of months now, but I was waiting for the right time to sign up. My SIL knew I was waiting, so naturally she signed up before I did. I was still going to wait, but I keep hearing about this fabulous incentive to be announced at conference for recruits in July, and even though I dunno what it is, I have to earn it! LOL

I do feel obligated to sign up under Sharon, my original, because I've been talking to her about it since April. But I know my SIL will be upset. Since she has signed on, I've spoken to her about signing up under her twice, and she hasn't offered me any info or anything, and she has had her kit for a while now. If it were me, I would jump on the opportunity! But she doesn't offer to give me any papers to look over or anything.

Bah! I don't know. Thanks for listening to my rambling!

As a person working to become a director, I highly suggest you sign with your consultant, not your SIL. Your consultant has been working with your for a few years. Take a moment to guestimate how many hours she has worked with you over the years. That is like an investment in this business! Also, your SIL does not know nearly as much as your consultant. Ask your SIL if you can be Super Starter Buddies. Email/call each other with successes, problems, uplifting messages, etc. Get her involved so she doesn't feel slighted.

Thanks for all the responses, guys. I'll let you know how it goes!

This is a very interesting situation. I'm trying to sign my BIL right now and he has a local consultant he's recently had a show for (a mutual friend). However, he says I've given him more info and asked him to sign under me where the local guy didn't. I'm hoping to sign him, but hope the other consultant won't be upset with me because it's his choice. I'm not local, but we talk frequently and visit about once monthly. I wasn't really trying to sign him, but after he asked so many questions, I couldn't help but ask him when I realized he must be interested in becoming a consultant. I can't understand why a consultant wouldn't ask every host if they are interested. BTW, the local guy and I have both been consultants for only a few months. Do you think I'm doing the right thing? The way I see it, the other consultant should have asked him and should have given him more info (like recipes and tips for products he bought). I wasn't trying to steal him, but he just kept asking me questions when I talked to him. Hmmm...

Jeanie

I feel that if your regular PC consultant has been speaking to you about it, then you shouldnt sign up under your SIL. Your consultant has been there to help you out in this decision and if its been in discussion for months then I say go with her. If your SIL hasnt been forthright w/ information to help you out then she wont be there for you as much as you may want while starting out. Just my input.
My SIL and I signed up together and we have no problems at all and love to exchange information. Good luck with your decision.. either way you are going to love PC!

I agree with what the pp said. I did the opposite and signed under my sister at her first show. Every time I had a question she had to call our director to find out the answer. It was nice to be able to call her with and stupid question or vent, but I can get all that here. She ended up going inactive in less than a year and I was transferred to my director anyway. Go with the person with more experience, and it will pay off. Tell your SIL that you were talking to your consultant and she convinced you to sign with all her great info and upcoming special. Your SIL should get the point that she didn't ask, or give you info, so she doesn't get a free recruit.

Just wanted to let everyone know I decided to go with my original consultant, Sharon. I just got off the phone with her; she's at conference. My deciding factor was that if I sign under her, she becomes a Future Director, and she's earned it. :) Thanks for everything!

How exciting for both you and her! You will not regret it! PC is an amazing company and I can't wait to move up the director ladder! Now you will have to sit in suspense with the rest of us on what July recruits receive for signing in July! Good luck, feel free to post any questions or anything as we were all in your shoes at one point! I read this board before I signed as a consultant and I feel my business is so much stronger now because of it! Congratulations!!

I am in my SS1July in the first month. I actually held 2 party's in June will those two paries count towards my SS month?? I really need those sales to make July, I've had a hard time starting.

Kathy Griffith:eek:
Independent Consultant
West Memphis, AR

If you selected July as your SS Month #1 then yes, the shows that you turned in in June will count towards your SS Month #1's sales. They let you have the whole time up to the end of the month of your SS Month #1. How nice is that?

jdavis said:
If you selected July as your SS Month #1 then yes, the shows that you turned in in June will count towards your SS Month #1's sales. They let you have the whole time up to the end of the month of your SS Month #1. How nice is that?[/QUOTE

Thank you Jennifer, that makes my day.

Kathy:D

You are so very welcome Kathy, any time I can help.

Related to Understanding Super Starter Months: A Guide for New Consultants

1. What is a Super Starter Month?

A Super Starter Month is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef for new consultants. During this month, new consultants can earn even more rewards and bonuses for reaching certain sales and recruitment goals.

2. How do I qualify for a Super Starter Month?

To qualify for a Super Starter Month, you must sign up as a new consultant and meet the designated sales and recruitment goals within your first 30 days. These goals may vary depending on the current promotion.

3. What rewards can I earn during a Super Starter Month?

As a new consultant participating in a Super Starter Month, you can earn a variety of rewards, including free products, bonus commissions, and even a trip or cash bonus. The specific rewards may change with each promotion.

4. Can I still participate in a Super Starter Month if I signed up outside of the designated month?

No, the Super Starter Month promotion is only available for new consultants who sign up during the designated month. However, there may be other promotions and incentives available for new consultants throughout the year.

5. How can I track my progress during a Super Starter Month?

You can track your progress towards the Super Starter Month goals through your consultant back office or by reaching out to your mentor. They will be able to provide you with updates and tips to help you reach your goals and earn your rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DanielleQ
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
DanielleQ
  • ChefBurke
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
Replies