• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ultimate Slice and Grate Success!

R
RachelNguyen
I finally used a USG at a show last night, and I have to say, I finally felt comfortable with it. I used it to slice tomatoes and lemons and yup, I sold one!

What I did was slice one or two slices of the tomato without the food holder. Then, as soon as I had a flat surface to work with, I put the food holder on and zoop, it was done. I shared that I was scared of the product when I first got it, but that I am learning to love it! LOL.

Rachel

I used mine at home the other night and got over some frustration with it as well. My director showed us how the holder comes apart and how to use it properly, and this made ALL the difference in the world!! I can't wait to use it at my next show to show how great it is. I bet it will be a big hit!

I watched my director use it last weekend - it was an eye opener! She took the tomato and half-sliced it onto the blade. Then she put the guard on the tomato as the blade was holding onto it. I always had a hard time getting the guard to stay on once I started slicing. I used this technique at a show on Wednesday and sold one! Woohoo!

I watched one host demo the julienne blade because it was her favorite. Watch her go!:eek:

I just found this while rooting around for something else in my computer. Forgot I had it. I'm almost certain I got it from this site.

Hope it helps a few who had questions about the USG. ;)

Lee Anne

Attachments

• Ultimate Slice & Grate tips.doc
    25 KB · Views: 577
That is a great tip sheet! Thanks for sharing.

I thoroughly love the results of my US&G. I will, of course, add yet another vehement reminder to find a way to be comfortable using the Food Guard! I'm usually VERY careful to use the food guard. Last weekend, however, I started in on a carrot, and neglected to switch to the food guard soon enough. I was using the thick/thin straight blade.

Yep, it sliced a chunk off of my knuckle. The hole it left on top of my finger measured 7mm x 4mm x 1-2mm deep. It's going to take a good, long while to heal. It barely felt like a nick. I've got to say I was shocked at how significant the wound was/is.

I am definitely going to find a better way to slice carrots using the food guard! :)

Lee Ann, Thanks so much for that tip sheet! I was weary of getting one, because I was a little afraid of it (bad me, I know...), but after reading testimonials and talking with my director and now seeing the sheet on how to sell it, I am sold myself! lol... thanks so much!
~alison

cmdtrgd said:
I watched my director use it last weekend - it was an eye opener! She took the tomato and half-sliced it onto the blade. Then she put the guard on the tomato as the blade was holding onto it. I always had a hard time getting the guard to stay on once I started slicing. I used this technique at a show on Wednesday and sold one! Woohoo!

When you slice it in half - which end is facing the blade? Which way facing the hand holder thing?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if I was clear, Susan. She started to slice the tomato on the "V" blade and only let it go through halfway on the first slice. The tomato was stuck on the "V" blade and then she attached the hand guard to it. Does that make sense?

Just have to add...My sister in law was going to have a show for me in my 2nd SS. P.S. she cancelled and was going to reschedule ... eh hem... still waiting...

but anyway.. today we went there for a BBQ. There was my MIL sitting at the table slicing onions. Took her awhile.. and in my mind I'm saying.. ha! if you had the USG you wouldnt be sitting there all that time! But I kept my mouth shut b/c they dont like me talking about PC stuff. They get annoyed. So let them sit there all day long and slice onions... and i hope they cry doing it! lol

agw said:
I thoroughly love the results of my US&G. I will, of course, add yet another vehement reminder to find a way to be comfortable using the Food Guard! I'm usually VERY careful to use the food guard. Last weekend, however, I started in on a carrot, and neglected to switch to the food guard soon enough. I was using the thick/thin straight blade.

Yep, it sliced a chunk off of my knuckle. The hole it left on top of my finger measured 7mm x 4mm x 1-2mm deep. It's going to take a good, long while to heal. It barely felt like a nick. I've got to say I was shocked at how significant the wound was/is.

I am definitely going to find a better way to slice carrots using the food guard! :)

I am considering getting a protecting steel mesh glove & suggested it to PC after I got my first USG boo-boo. Here's a few designs

http://www.allheartchefs.com/fshandshield.html

http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=114582

TinasKitchen said:
My sister in law was going to have a show for me in my 2nd SS. P.S. she cancelled and was going to reschedule ... eh hem... still waiting...

but anyway.. today we went there for a BBQ. There was my MIL sitting at the table slicing onions. Took her awhile.. and in my mind I'm saying.. ha! if you had the USG you wouldnt be sitting there all that time! But I kept my mouth shut b/c they dont like me talking about PC stuff. They get annoyed. So let them sit there all day long and slice onions... and i hope they cry doing it! lol

Tina, next year offer to do it for them - either slice there in the kitchen quietly (just so they know you didn'y buy them) or bring from home and wait for the compliments. :)

cmdtrgd said:
I'm not sure if I was clear, Susan. She started to slice the tomato on the "V" blade and only let it go through halfway on the first slice. The tomato was stuck on the "V" blade and then she attached the hand guard to it. Does that make sense?

Ohhhhh! Ok now I get it. thank you!

its_me_susan said:
I am considering getting a protecting steel mesh glove & suggested it to PC after I got my first USG boo-boo. Here's a few designs

http://www.allheartchefs.com/fshandshield.html

http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=114582

Ditto. That's why I'd love for one of the new products to be a cut-resistant glove! I realize that they won't protect from everything, but it sure would have against the injury I sustained. Thanks for the links. :)

Us&gHere is another tip sheet.

Attachments

• slice and grate.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 409
those gloves would be great!

Is it wrong that I look for excuses to use my USG?:D

1. How does the Ultimate Slice and Grate (USG) work?

The USG is a kitchen tool designed to easily slice and grate fruits and vegetables. It has a food holder that attaches to the top of the device, which holds the produce in place while you slice or grate it. The device also has sharp blades that make cutting through the food quick and effortless.

2. Is the USG easy to use?

With a little practice, the USG is very easy to use. The key is to make sure you have a flat surface to work with before using the food holder. Once you have a stable surface, simply attach the food holder and slide the produce over the blades to slice or grate it.

3. Can the USG slice and grate different types of produce?

Yes, the USG can slice and grate a variety of fruits and vegetables, including tomatoes, lemons, cucumbers, carrots, and more. It is a versatile tool that can make food preparation much easier and quicker.

4. Is the USG safe to use?

As with any kitchen tool with sharp blades, it is important to use caution when handling the USG. Always make sure to use the food holder to protect your fingers while slicing or grating. Also, be sure to clean the device thoroughly after each use to avoid any potential accidents or injuries.

5. Is the USG worth investing in?

Based on personal experience and customer reviews, the USG is definitely worth investing in. It saves time and effort in the kitchen and can help you achieve consistent, professional-looking slices and grates. Plus, as you become more comfortable with using it, you may even be able to sell it to others and make a profit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
jbachen
Replies
Views
lizcooks4u
  • nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
WLMcCoy