• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ultimate slice and grate success!

R

RachelNguyen

I finally used a USG at a show last night, and I have to say, I finally felt comfortable with it. I used it to slice tomatoes and lemons and yup, I sold one!

What I did was slice one or two slices of the tomato without the food holder. Then, as soon as I had a flat surface to work with, I put the food holder on and zoop, it was done. I shared that I was scared of the product when I first got it, but that I am learning to love it! LOL.

Rachel

AlowayFamily

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 12, 2006
I used mine at home the other night and got over some frustration with it as well. My director showed us how the holder comes apart and how to use it properly, and this made ALL the difference in the world!! I can't wait to use it at my next show to show how great it is. I bet it will be a big hit!

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
I watched my director use it last weekend - it was an eye opener! She took the tomato and half-sliced it onto the blade. Then she put the guard on the tomato as the blade was holding onto it. I always had a hard time getting the guard to stay on once I started slicing. I used this technique at a show on Wednesday and sold one! Woohoo!

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
I watched one host demo the julienne blade because it was her favorite. Watch her go!:eek:

chef_leeanne

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2005
I just found this while rooting around for something else in my computer. Forgot I had it. I'm almost certain I got it from this site.

Hope it helps a few who had questions about the USG. ;)

Lee Anne

Attachments

• Ultimate Slice & Grate tips.doc
    25 KB · Views: 497

agw

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2005
I thoroughly love the results of my US&G. I will, of course, add yet another vehement reminder to find a way to be comfortable using the Food Guard! I'm usually VERY careful to use the food guard. Last weekend, however, I started in on a carrot, and neglected to switch to the food guard soon enough. I was using the thick/thin straight blade.

Yep, it sliced a chunk off of my knuckle. The hole it left on top of my finger measured 7mm x 4mm x 1-2mm deep. It's going to take a good, long while to heal. It barely felt like a nick. I've got to say I was shocked at how significant the wound was/is.

I am definitely going to find a better way to slice carrots using the food guard! :)

GourmetGirl

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Lee Ann, Thanks so much for that tip sheet! I was weary of getting one, because I was a little afraid of it (bad me, I know...), but after reading testimonials and talking with my director and now seeing the sheet on how to sell it, I am sold myself! lol... thanks so much!
~alison

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
cmdtrgd said:
I watched my director use it last weekend - it was an eye opener! She took the tomato and half-sliced it onto the blade. Then she put the guard on the tomato as the blade was holding onto it. I always had a hard time getting the guard to stay on once I started slicing. I used this technique at a show on Wednesday and sold one! Woohoo!

When you slice it in half - which end is facing the blade? Which way facing the hand holder thing?

Thanks!

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
I'm not sure if I was clear, Susan. She started to slice the tomato on the "V" blade and only let it go through halfway on the first slice. The tomato was stuck on the "V" blade and then she attached the hand guard to it. Does that make sense?

TinasKitchen

Advanced Member
Feb 25, 2006
Just have to add...

My sister in law was going to have a show for me in my 2nd SS. P.S. she cancelled and was going to reschedule ... eh hem... still waiting...

but anyway.. today we went there for a BBQ. There was my MIL sitting at the table slicing onions. Took her awhile.. and in my mind I'm saying.. ha! if you had the USG you wouldnt be sitting there all that time! But I kept my mouth shut b/c they dont like me talking about PC stuff. They get annoyed. So let them sit there all day long and slice onions... and i hope they cry doing it! lol

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
agw said:
I thoroughly love the results of my US&G. I will, of course, add yet another vehement reminder to find a way to be comfortable using the Food Guard! I'm usually VERY careful to use the food guard. Last weekend, however, I started in on a carrot, and neglected to switch to the food guard soon enough. I was using the thick/thin straight blade.

Yep, it sliced a chunk off of my knuckle. The hole it left on top of my finger measured 7mm x 4mm x 1-2mm deep. It's going to take a good, long while to heal. It barely felt like a nick. I've got to say I was shocked at how significant the wound was/is.

I am definitely going to find a better way to slice carrots using the food guard! :)

I am considering getting a protecting steel mesh glove & suggested it to PC after I got my first USG boo-boo. Here's a few designs

http://www.allheartchefs.com/fshandshield.html

http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=114582

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
TinasKitchen said:
My sister in law was going to have a show for me in my 2nd SS. P.S. she cancelled and was going to reschedule ... eh hem... still waiting...

but anyway.. today we went there for a BBQ. There was my MIL sitting at the table slicing onions. Took her awhile.. and in my mind I'm saying.. ha! if you had the USG you wouldnt be sitting there all that time! But I kept my mouth shut b/c they dont like me talking about PC stuff. They get annoyed. So let them sit there all day long and slice onions... and i hope they cry doing it! lol

Tina, next year offer to do it for them - either slice there in the kitchen quietly (just so they know you didn'y buy them) or bring from home and wait for the compliments. :)

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
cmdtrgd said:
I'm not sure if I was clear, Susan. She started to slice the tomato on the "V" blade and only let it go through halfway on the first slice. The tomato was stuck on the "V" blade and then she attached the hand guard to it. Does that make sense?

Ohhhhh! Ok now I get it. thank you!

agw

Gold Member
Nov 17, 2005

aried

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Feb 19, 2006
Us&g

Here is another tip sheet.

Attachments

• slice and grate.doc