• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Try the 15 Minute Cake in a 6 Muffin Pan | Adjusting Time & Tips Included

You can do a regular cake mix in the microwave??Yes, just mix it as the box directs. Oil the Fluted Stone and pour it in. Then take the medium scoop and scoop frosting on top of it, using about 1/2 the can. Microwave for about 10-15 mins (depends on power of the microwave--this is where the retired cake tester comes in handy). As it cooks, the frosting will fall to the bottom of the pan (which is really the top of the cake). Let it sit for 10 minutes and then flip out onto the Celebrate Plate, Large Square Platter, or even your Large Round stone!
Sooner PC
Has anyone tried the 15 minute cake in the 6 muffin pan?? Do you guys think it would work?? Should I adjust the time since the muffins are smaller than the fluted pan??

Suggestions and imput ALWAYS welcome.

What is the 15 min. cake?

It's also called the 123 cake. 1 cake mix, 2 cups sour cream and 3 eggs. You microwave it for 15 minutes in the fluted pan - comes out perfect everytime.

thank you.

You can also do it with just a regular cake mix (following the directions for water, oil, and eggs) and frosting. I have never done it with sour cream.

WOW now I need to get that pan as well!!!!

Debbie,

You can do a regular cake mix in the microwave??

Sooner PC said:
Has anyone tried the 15 minute cake in the 6 muffin pan?? Do you guys think it would work?? Should I adjust the time since the muffins are smaller than the fluted pan??

Suggestions and imput ALWAYS welcome.
I would think you can do it but you would definitely need to shorten the time and turn the stone (It may be too wide in some microwaves to use the turntable). Try it and let us know.

And to answer another question on this thread, yes you can make the cake with the regular ingredients for a cake mix or use applesauce instead of oil...

Sooner PC said:
Debbie,

You can do a regular cake mix in the microwave??

Yes, just mix it as the box directs. Oil the Fluted Stone and pour it in. Then take the medium scoop and scoop frosting on top of it, using about 1/2 the can. Microwave for about 10-15 mins (depends on power of the microwave--this is where the retired cake tester comes in handy). As it cooks, the frosting will fall to the bottom of the pan (which is really the top of the cake). Let it sit for 10 minutes and then flip out onto the Celebrate Plate, Large Square Platter, or even your Large Round stone!

YUM!

Can you make this in the rice cooker as well in the microwave?

mommyhugz1978 said:
Can you make this in the rice cooker as well in the microwave?
I would think so but it should be a turntable one and depending on the wattage depends on the time, I would check around 9-11 minutes.

Good Luck.

Yes, rice cooker is okay. Generally only 10 mins on that one.

Thanks...... I just orderd my rice cookers and I wanted to try the cake incredience in something creative.

Look for 321 or Microwave cake recipesOne of the top sellers of stoneware, Sondra Verva, gave us her "stoneware fluted pan" secrets - she ALWAYS makes a microwave cake at shows, and sells tens of fluted pans.

Do a search for 321 or microwave cakes and you'll see some of her recipes. Summer favorite is the Strawberry Margarita cake.

OK - I tried the 123 cake in the 6 muffin pan. It took several tries - but this is the one that turned out the best and everyone in the office liked it.

Make the 123 mix and using the medium scoop put 1 scoop in each cup. I put in some chocolate chips and then put another medium scoop of cake mix on top. Microwave for 5 minutes - yes only 5 minutes. I think I will be able to sell alot of the new smaller muffin pans now!!!

BethCooks4U said:
I would think you can do it but you would definitely need to shorten the time and turn the stone (It may be too wide in some microwaves to use the turntable). Try it and let us know.

And to answer another question on this thread, yes you can make the cake with the regular ingredients for a cake mix or use applesauce instead of oil...

Hmmmmm Apple Sauce instead of oil!!! Sounds ALOT healthier:D Would you use the same amounts??? TIA

Related to Try the 15 Minute Cake in a 6 Muffin Pan | Adjusting Time & Tips Included

1. How do I make the Pampered Chef 15 Minute Cake?

Making the Pampered Chef 15 Minute Cake is simple and quick! All you need is the 15 Minute Cake Pan Set, your choice of cake mix, and any additional ingredients listed on the cake mix box. Follow the instructions on the cake mix box and pour the batter into the 15 Minute Cake Pan. Place the pan in the microwave and bake for 12-15 minutes. Once done, let the cake cool for a few minutes before removing it from the pan and serving.

2. Can I use any kind of cake mix with the 15 Minute Cake Pan Set?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix with the 15 Minute Cake Pan Set. We recommend using a standard size cake mix, but you can also use gluten-free or vegan options. Just make sure to follow the instructions on the cake mix box for the appropriate amount of batter to use.

3. Can I use the 15 Minute Cake Pan Set in a regular oven?

No, the 15 Minute Cake Pan Set is specifically designed for use in the microwave. It is not recommended to use it in a regular oven as it may cause damage to the pan and affect the cooking time and results of the cake.

4. How many servings does the 15 Minute Cake make?

The 15 Minute Cake Pan Set makes a small, single-layer cake that serves 2-4 people. If you need a larger cake, you can always make multiple cakes using the pan set and stack them on top of each other with frosting in between.

5. Can I use the 15 Minute Cake Pan Set to make other desserts?

Yes, the 15 Minute Cake Pan Set can be used to make other desserts such as brownies, muffins, and even savory dishes like mini quiches. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and ingredients accordingly. The possibilities are endless with this versatile pan set!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • straitfan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies