• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Spiced Pumpkin Tarlets in Mini Muffin Pan?

In summary, a recipe for Spiced Pumpkin Tartlets was shared and discussed in this conversation. Some people had success making them in a mini muffin pan by using a shot glass as a cutter and baking for 10 minutes. Others used a scalloped bread tube for a cute edge and baked them for the same amount of time. The recipe includes pumpkin, whipped topping, cheesecake pudding mix, and spices, and is a popular choice for fall gatherings. The full recipe is provided in the conversation for those interested.
straitfan
Gold Member
Has anyone successfully made these in the mini muffin pan? I know Sarah posted in an earlier thread about her disaster! Want to make them for my open house tomorrow but only have the 6 cup muffin pan. I would think that maybe using a shot glass as a cutter and baking for a shorter time would work. Any other ideas? Let me know!

straitfan said:
Has anyone successfully made these in the mini muffin pan? I know Sarah posted in an earlier thread about her disaster! Want to make them for my open house tomorrow but only have the 6 cup muffin pan. I would think that maybe using a shot glass as a cutter and baking for a shorter time would work. Any other ideas? Let me know!

I would like to know also....anyone????

Anyone have any answers??

straitfan said:

Okay--Now I have successfully made these in the mini muffin pan!!!!! I used a shot glass for the cutter. I KNEW I buying those for my son's collection for 7 years now would come in handy some day!;) I baked the shells for 10 minutes. (Remember to prick them first--I forgot until about 5 minutes into it!) I reshaped them again with the tart tool as soon as they came out of the oven. I only did the one pan (used on crust--had to roll out the extra to get about 3 more out.) Of course I had enough filling left that I could have done another 24!. They were AWESOME!!!!!!!!

I have made these many times and they have always been a big hit! Haven't had any problems with them.

They are always on my list of recipes for Oct./Nov. choices.

I made these this weekend in the mini-muffin pan. I used the scalloped bread tube so that they came out with the cute edges. These are delicious!

MicheleC said:
I made these this weekend in the mini-muffin pan. I used the scalloped bread tube so that they came out with the cute edges. These are delicious!

Great idea...I was thinking about using the tube also. About how long did you leave then in?:)

I did put them in for 10 minutes. I couldn't get a whole 24 out of the one crust but did manage to get 21. Took these to a meeting I had and everyone loved them! I think the mini muffin pan is so much fun!! Everything comes out looking cute and you get a lot more mileage as you can just do bite size portions for tasting.

Where can I find the recipe for these? I love using my mini-muffin pan.

I guess I'm just not seeing it, but wouldn't the bread tube make the crusts REALLY tall in the mini-pan? Isn't that what they suggest for the regular size muffin cups?

Pumpkin TartletsI would like this recipe also. Does anyone have it that they can post?

Spiced Pumpkin Tartlets

1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
1 can (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping
1 teaspoon Pantry Cinnamon Plus(TM) Spice Blend
1 package (3.4 ounces) cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling
Powdered sugar (optional)
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
1 small orange (optional)
Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Allow pie crusts to stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Roll 1 crust into a 12-inch circle using lightly floured Baker's Roller(TM). Using Scalloped Bread Tube, cut out 12 pastry pieces (9 from outer edge and 3 from center of pastry circle); press 1 into each cup of Stoneware Muffin Pan using Mini-Tart Shaper. Prick bottom of pastry with pastry tool. Bake 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove tart shells from pan to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool completely. Repeat with remaining crust to make 24 tart shells.

2. Meanwhile, combine pumpkin, whipped topping and spice blend in Classic Batter Bowl; whisk until smooth using Stainless Steel Whisk. Add pudding mix; whisk until smooth and thickened. Refrigerate until ready to use.

3. Lightly sprinkle tart shells with powdered sugar using Flour/Sugar Shaker, if desired. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent(R) Decorator; fill with pumpkin mixture. Pipe into tart shells. Chop pecans using Food Chopper; sprinkle over tartlets. Zest orange using Lemon Zester/Scorer; sprinkle zest over tartlets, if desired.

Yield: 24 tartlets

Nutrients per serving: (1 tartlet): Calories 120, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol less than 5 mg, Carbohydrate 15 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 120 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

Cook's Tip: Pumpkin pie spice can be substituted for the Cinnamon Plus(TM) Spice Blend, if desired.

Tart shells and filling can be prepared up to 1 day in advance. Store shells in resealable plastic food storage bag at room temperature. Store filling, covered, in the refrigerator; fill tart shells just before serving.

Spiced Pumpkin TartletsThank you Mandy, this sounds great. I can't wait to try them.

Have a great day. Ruth

Regarding the question on using the bread tube for the tarts. They're really not that big once you push them down into the mini muffin pan. They do stick up over the edges which just means that much more to fill!;) They look really pretty with the edges and there is plenty of filling to fill them to the top! I'm sure you could fill at least 48 of them if not more with the one filling so it makes them very economical for large groups.

mini muffin pan
MicheleC said:
Regarding the question on using the bread tube for the tarts. They're really not that big once you push them down into the mini muffin pan. They do stick up over the edges which just means that much more to fill!;) They look really pretty with the edges and there is plenty of filling to fill them to the top! I'm sure you could fill at least 48 of them if not more with the one filling so it makes them very economical for large groups.

Are you referring to the mini muffin pan stoneware or the deluxe mini muffin pan?

TIA

Liz

I believe there is only the regular size 6-muffin or 12-muffin in stoneware.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the spiced pumpkin tarlets?

To make the spiced pumpkin tarlets, you will need 1 can of pumpkin puree, 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar, 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 2 eggs, 1 can of evaporated milk, and a package of refrigerated pie crust.

2. Can I use a regular muffin pan instead of a mini muffin pan?

Yes, you can use a regular muffin pan instead of a mini muffin pan. However, the baking time may need to be adjusted. Keep an eye on the tarlets and bake for a few extra minutes if needed.

3. Can I make these tarlets ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these tarlets ahead of time. They can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply place them in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes.

4. Can I substitute the pumpkin puree with fresh pumpkin?

Yes, you can substitute the pumpkin puree with fresh pumpkin. However, keep in mind that the texture and flavor may be slightly different. Make sure to puree the fresh pumpkin thoroughly before using it in the recipe.

5. Are these tarlets gluten-free?

No, these tarlets are not gluten-free. The crust contains wheat flour. However, you can try using a gluten-free pie crust as a substitute if you have a gluten intolerance or allergy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchockeymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smart2cook
  • twopamperedchefs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tabnat80
  • Jenni