• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Filling Ideas for Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan and Trifle Bowl?

In summary, the Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan can be used to make a variety of appetizers. The tuxedo brownies are the customer's favorite. There are a variety of savory mini-muffin pan ideas that can be made.
Tanya423
I just got the Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan and I am having an open house on May 16th...I figured I would use my Trifle Bowl to make some kind of centerpiece, the strawberry cookie pizza and an appetizer. Thought I would use my appetizer to showcase the products and for the guests to "create" their own appetizer. The idea I have is to make some kind of "shell" or "cup" in the mini-muffin pan and then have a few different cheese or cream cheese based fillings with a few assorted toppings...any ideas for a base for the fillings? I was maybe thinking some kind of taco flavored one, a veggie one and then maybe something else??

Sounds yummy! Maybe something with shrimp or smoked salmon?

The tuxedo brownies are my all-time favorite! YUMMY!

On the front cover of the " All the beat " is a chocolate dip. I made wonons in the mini muffin pan and used that filling , Put them on the SA platter with Handles and poweded sugar on top ( I added a little Rum to that Dip ) they look great and taste yummy !!!

These are great ideas but does anyone have any suggestions for a filling that is not "dessert" like?

All the savory mini-muffin pan ideas are ones that you have to bake. Maybe you can make a few base recipes (cheesy salsa bites, mini quiches, etc.) and have the toppings available for your guests to put on. Or, you can have them make the Spicy Shrimp Ceviche Cups.

I've made the spicy shrimp ceviche cups and they are good. You could take the basic tortilla cup from that recipe and have the shrimp filling, a taco dip type filling and maybe a veggie dip or guacamole type filling and I think any of those would work fine. Then have some sour cream in your decorator ready for people to garnish the top, and maybe have some grated cheese or finely diced red pepper to sprinkle over the top?

Tanya423 said:
I just got the Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan and I am having an open house on May 16th...I figured I would use my Trifle Bowl to make some kind of centerpiece, the strawberry cookie pizza and an appetizer. Thought I would use my appetizer to showcase the products and for the guests to "create" their own appetizer. The idea I have is to make some kind of "shell" or "cup" in the mini-muffin pan and then have a few different cheese or cream cheese based fillings with a few assorted toppings...any ideas for a base for the fillings? I was maybe thinking some kind of taco flavored one, a veggie one and then maybe something else??

How about a mini-waffle bar? I did this for my kids recently and it was FUN, and seemed so fancy. On the box of Bisquick there is a "super" pancake mix recipe (I will have to seek it out later - I can't get up!). I filled the small polka-dot bowl with strawberries, and kiwi (it looked GREAT with the berries).

Then cool whip in my EAD, powdered sugar in my shaker, and a small lilac SA bowl full of mini chocolate chips. - - - great!!!! Really fun. You can also make mini muffins in the floral silicone pan.

Good luck!

You can provide a savory filling by pre-mixing it and then zapping it in the microwave before filling the shells.

I've been pre-making the mini-muffin pan tortilla cups and then take the following mix to my shows. I fill the cups as guests come in and then serve them when the show starts. (Later in the show, I demo how easy they are to make....have sold a lot of the pans & tart shapers!)

Chicken-Almond filling (all ingrediants are pretty much to taste):

1 large can of chicken
1/4 to 1/2 cup mayo (to taste)
1 cup mozzerella
1/4 cup parmesean cheese
a handful (or two) of finely chopped toasted almonds (slices or slivers)
rosemary herb seasoning mix

I garnish the tops with a few pieces of the toasted almonds and then garnish the med square SA plate with some of the rosemary seasoning sprinkled around.

Kris

Here is a recipe I have for Crispy Taco Bites.

Hope this information is helpful.

Attachments

• Crispy Taco Bites.doc
    21 KB · Views: 389
At my last cluster meeting a cluster-mate made the Shrimp Ceviche cups and several variations:
  • Chicken Ceviche (suggested alternative from HO)
  • Taco bites: seasoned taco meat, sour cream, shredded cheese
  • Mexicali Dip bites: guacamole (she used the Pantry guac seasoning), salsa and cheese
  • Mediterranean bites: hummus and chopped olives
All were made in the tortilla cups.

I just made the Berries 'n Cream Wonton Cups yesterday and everyone loved them!

What's the basic tortilla cup recipe?

It's in the recipe for the Ceviche cups (on Consultant's Corner and in the current SBRC).

Use 11" flour tortillas. Cut them to make a 6" square from each tortilla. (Use the scraps for chips - brush with water and sprinkle with connamon sugar before baking to make cinnamon chips.) Cut each 6" square into 4 3" squares. Cut a 1" slit into each corner of the squares - it will look like you wanted to cut them completely in quarters diagonally, but stopped. Use the mini tart shaper to push them into the mini muffin pan, overlapping the corners to form cups. Bake.

Ah, thx for explaining. I didn't realize that part was in the SB. Sounds like a lot of work. Is it?

I haven't made the tortilla cups in the mini muffin pan. It doesn't look too bad. But at Leadership, I took the class that was taught by test kitchen folks. They said that getting thinner tortillas helps (you know how some are just really thick when you look at them in the package), and make sure that you cut the corners a full inch.

There was a version of the tortilla cup a couple of years ago that was made in the stoneware muffin pan - cut a triangle out of an 8" tortilla, then cut a 1" slit in the center of each side (not the corners). Brush with water, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and put into the muffin pan (cinnamon side facing in to the center of the cup). Bake until crispy. They're a great cup for chocolate mousse or ice cream.

chefann said:
At my last cluster meeting a cluster-mate made the Shrimp Ceviche cups and several variations:
  • Chicken Ceviche (suggested alternative from HO)
  • Taco bites: seasoned taco meat, sour cream, shredded cheese
  • Mexicali Dip bites: guacamole (she used the Pantry guac seasoning), salsa and cheese
  • Mediterranean bites: hummus and chopped olives
All were made in the tortilla cups.

These sound wonderful ! (Even before 6:00 a.m.)
If you make quacamole, tho, I suggest not filling the cups until it's time to serve. It will turn an unsavory looking black if filled to early.
BTW, our Pantry quacamole seasoning is one of the best...

What are some filling ideas for savory dishes?

Some popular filling ideas for savory dishes include seasoned ground beef or turkey, sautéed vegetables such as bell peppers and onions, cooked chicken or shrimp, and a variety of cheeses such as cheddar, feta, or goat cheese.

What are some filling ideas for sweet dishes?

For sweet dishes, consider using fruits like berries, sliced apples, or bananas, as well as chocolate chips, nuts, and spreads like peanut butter or Nutella. Cream cheese or whipped cream can also make for a delicious sweet filling.

What are some vegetarian filling options?

Vegetarian filling ideas include a mixture of cooked quinoa, black beans, and roasted vegetables, or a combination of tofu, mushrooms, and spinach. You can also use meat alternatives like textured vegetable protein (TVP) or tempeh for a protein-rich filling.

How can I make my fillings more flavorful?

To add more flavor to your fillings, consider using herbs and spices like garlic, cumin, or basil. You can also experiment with different sauces and marinades, or try incorporating flavorful ingredients like sun-dried tomatoes, olives, or pesto.

What are some creative filling ideas for appetizers?

For appetizers, try using puff pastry as a base and filling it with a mixture of cream cheese, herbs, and cooked shrimp or crabmeat. You can also make bite-sized quiches with a variety of fillings like bacon and cheddar, or spinach and feta. Another option is to use wonton wrappers and fill them with a mix of ground pork, cabbage, and Asian seasonings for mini dumplings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDode
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefDode
  • sfdavis918
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • cwinter474