• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Taco in Muffin Stone or Mini-Muffin Pan

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for mini taco salads made in a mini muffin pan. The recipe involves using crushed tortilla chips as the "shell" and filling it with a mixture of ground beef, taco seasoning, cheese, and salsa. Some suggestions are also given, such as using wonton wrappers for the shell or using a different filling mix. The recipe is finally shared, which involves using a mix of ground beef, taco seasoning, ice water, sour cream, taco sauce, black olives, and tortilla chips.
cwinter474
Gold Member
Looking for a recipe for a older customer from a show 4 or 5+ years ago. She says the consultant made it in the Mini-Muffin pan and they were like little taco salads, the cups had meat with cheese and salsa. I'm thinking this is a cute idea to feed alot with bite size taco's.

Anybody have some idea what she is talking about? I think this would be easy enough to figure out, basic taco filling into the cup then top as you'd like, But what to make the "shell" or crust out of????

help?

thanks,
Carol

I made them last weekend....they are great..let me get the recipe...

Mini Taco Puffs
1 lb hamburg browned and drained
then mix in
1-2 cups crushed tortilla chips
1 c. shredded taco(mexican) cheese
1/2-1 cup salsa(Hot, mild--whatever)
1-2 tsp southwest seasoning

then you use the mini muffin pan with crecents(Just like the mini ham puffs)..press down with tart shaper..bake 10 minutes...YUMMMMMMMMY!!!

So the only "shell" is the chips ground up into the meat?

sounds good and easy

I was wondering about that, was thinking about using like the wongtong (not spelt right) wrappers, if they would make like a taco salad shell. Your way sounds better.

Thanks

Carol

Here's what I have

TACO APPETIZERS

1 lb ground beef uncooked
2 tbs taco seasoning (or SW seasoning)
2 tbs ice water
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Tortilla chip filling:
1 C sour cream
2Tbs taco sauce
2 oz black olives chopped
3/4 C coarsely crushed tortilla chips

Heat oven 425. mix beef, taco seasoning, and ice water with hands. Press into bottom of mini muffin pan with tart shaper. Mix tortilla chip filling and place in each shell with stainless steel scoop, mounding slightly. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 7-8 minutes remove tartlets from pan with citrus peeler Yield 30-36 appetizers

1. What is a Taco in Muffin Stone or Mini-Muffin Pan?

A Taco in Muffin Stone or Mini-Muffin Pan is a baking tool specifically designed to make individual-sized taco cups. It is usually made of stoneware or metal and has a cupcake-like shape with a flat bottom and fluted sides.

2. How do I use a Taco in Muffin Stone or Mini-Muffin Pan?

To use a Taco in Muffin Stone or Mini-Muffin Pan, simply press a tortilla into each cup, filling it with your desired ingredients such as ground beef, cheese, and vegetables. Then, bake in the oven according to your recipe's instructions. Once done, remove the taco cups from the pan and serve.

3. Can I use a regular muffin pan instead?

Yes, you can use a regular muffin pan to make taco cups, but the shape and size may be slightly different. The Taco in Muffin Stone or Mini-Muffin Pan is specifically designed for this purpose and may give you better results.

4. How do I clean a Taco in Muffin Stone or Mini-Muffin Pan?

To clean a Taco in Muffin Stone or Mini-Muffin Pan, let it cool down completely after use. Then, hand wash it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Avoid using metal utensils or harsh cleaning agents, as they can damage the surface of the pan.

5. Can I make other types of food in a Taco in Muffin Stone or Mini-Muffin Pan?

Yes, you can use a Taco in Muffin Stone or Mini-Muffin Pan to make other types of food such as mini quiches, egg frittatas, and even mini desserts like cheesecake bites. The possibilities are endless! Just make sure to adjust the baking time and temperature according to your recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cwinter474
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies
Views
Sallie_M
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies