• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Bake Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes in a Different Pan?

In summary, participants in the conversation discussed the possibility of baking a recipe for mini molten chocolate cakes in different types of pans, such as the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan, regular muffin pan, mini fluted stone, and prep bowls. Some suggested using a metal cookie sheet or the double burner griddle. One person shared their experience of successfully making the mini cakes in a stoneware muffin pan. There was also mention of a recipe for mini molten chocolate cakes in the Cooking for 2 or More Cookbook. The concern about the middle of the cakes being raw due to the use of eggs was addressed by mentioning that the recipe instructs to cook the cakes until the center reaches 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
pamperedchef.carol
Does anyone know if you can bake these in something other than the Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan? What about a regular muffin pan or the mini fluted stone?

I don't know that they would work well in the mini-fluted stone since it is hallow in the center. I'm sure it would work in the stoneware muffin pan but you'd have to dest/adjust the times.

If you decide to try the muffin pan let us know how it works. They sound good right now.

I was thinking of the prep bowls....if anyone dares I would love to hear the results!!

The prep bowls would be a good idea. If I get a chance I will give it a try this weekend.

I am just not sure of how I would bake them, since it would be a little tedious to get the prep bowls on and off of the racks without spilling anything...and we aren't supposed to stack anything on the stones, hmm. How about a metal cookie sheet? (Not that we have any of those in our homes;))

I bet you could get the prep bowls in and out of the oven on the double burner griddle. It's heat safe up to 400 degrees, which is what the recipe calls for.

If you used the mini fluted pan, do you think you'd have to reduce the temperature and increase the size to make up for the larger wells?

In the Cooking for 2 or More Cookbook - there is a recipe for mini molten chocolate cakes in the prep bowls.......so I'm sure they could be done in the prep bowls. I'm just too lazy right now to get up and look for the recipe!:p

I made the Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes in my stoneware muffin pan. 14 minutes was too long. I think 12 would have been plenty, maybe even less time. They came right out after I used the small spreader to loosen the edges. I wonder if I would have baked them at 375 for 14 minutes if that would have worked better. I may try them again, but I have to try the other chocolate recipes first.

bumping...just want to let people know.

JAE said:
I made the Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes in my stoneware muffin pan. 14 minutes was too long. I think 12 would have been plenty, maybe even less time. They came right out after I used the small spreader to loosen the edges. I wonder if I would have baked them at 375 for 14 minutes if that would have worked better. I may try them again, but I have to try the other chocolate recipes first.

I have this mental picture of you - surrounded by chocolate - eating your way through all of the recipes!:D :D :D

ChefBeckyD said:
I have this mental picture of you - surrounded by chocolate - eating your way through all of the recipes!:D :D :D
<giggle>

There's a Simpsons episode in which some Germans tell Homer, "We come from the land of chocolate." and Homer has a great daydream about a city that's made entirely of chocolate. He skips around, taking bites out of buildings. :)

chefann said:
<giggle>

There's a Simpsons episode in which some Germans tell Homer, "We come from the land of chocolate." and Homer has a great daydream about a city that's made entirely of chocolate. He skips around, taking bites out of buildings. :)
From what I know about JAE - that would be HER dream too!;)

See, I KNEW there was a reason I liked her!

You know, there was 2 oz of that bittersweet chocolate left over. I'm sure I can find something to do with that ASAP!

JAE said:
You know, there was 2 oz of that bittersweet chocolate left over. I'm sure I can find something to do with that ASAP!

In desperation you could use the Microplane Grater right over your open mouth. But, oh would that be bitter ... better use a Hersheys Bar for that ... :D

I have wanted to try this recipe, but am afraid to due to the middle not being cooked with raw eggs in it. I haven't had them yet. Is the middle just raw chocolate cake batter like stuff?

krzymomof4 said:
I have wanted to try this recipe, but am afraid to due to the middle not being cooked with raw eggs in it. I haven't had them yet. Is the middle just raw chocolate cake batter like stuff?
The recipe says you can test the center temp. It will be 160, which is "cooked"! No problem! :D

Related to Can You Bake Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes in a Different Pan?

What are the ingredients needed to make Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes?

The ingredients for Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes include butter, dark chocolate, eggs, sugar, all-purpose flour, and salt.

How do I prepare Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes?

To prepare Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes, first melt the butter and chocolate together in a microwave-safe bowl. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until well combined. Slowly add in the melted chocolate mixture and then stir in the flour and salt. Pour the batter into greased mini cake molds and bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes.

Can I make Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes in advance?

Yes, you can make Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes in advance. Once baked, let them cool completely and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave for a few seconds before serving.

Can I use a different type of chocolate for Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes. Dark chocolate gives a rich and intense flavor, but you can also use milk chocolate for a sweeter taste or white chocolate for a more delicate flavor.

Can I add any toppings to Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes?

Yes, you can add toppings to Molten Chocolate Mini Cakes. Some popular options include a dusting of powdered sugar, a drizzle of chocolate syrup, a scoop of ice cream, or fresh berries on top. Get creative and try different toppings to find your favorite combination!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ejleinenbach
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
  • LeslieSGI
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • DebPC