• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Sticky Skillet Cake: Tips & Solutions

In summary, to prevent your skillet cake from sticking, make sure to properly grease your pan with cooking spray, butter, or oil and use parchment paper for extra insurance. If your cake still sticks, try using a non-stick pan or properly seasoning your pan. To remove a sticky cake without it falling apart, make sure it is fully cooked and use a silicone spatula or knife to loosen the edges. If all else fails, you can salvage a sticky cake by letting it cool, loosening it in hot water, and covering any imperfections with powdered sugar or icing. To prevent sticking in the future, always grease and season your pan, use a non-stick pan or silicone baking mold, and follow the recipe and baking instructions carefully
pamperedmomto3
I recently made a skillet cake and the middle stuck even though I used the appropriate amount of butter. Any suggestions?

which pan did you cook it in?

Did you leave it in there more than about 10 minutes? I did this one time and left it in there about 30 minutes before I turned it out for the "wow" moment. Well, it was a big "wow" when it stuck! It did not stick while cooking, it stuck b/c it was in the pan too long and the middle sweated to the pan. That's the only time I have had a problem with it.

Also, make sure the middle is done. Sometimes it takes a little longer for it to get as done of the edges.

That was my thought too Jennifer. If I am cooking it ahead I flip it out to cool then put it back in to flip for the guests.

Thank you for the suggestions. I was cooking it in the Executive skillet. I'll make sure it doesn't sit longer than 10 minutes. It tasted done in the middle so I guess I can only assume it was.

I take a scraper and losen the edges, then flip it out on to a platter. Never had a problem. ;)

Related to Troubleshooting Sticky Skillet Cake: Tips & Solutions

1. How do I prevent my skillet cake from sticking to the pan?

To prevent your skillet cake from sticking, make sure to properly grease your pan before adding the batter. You can use cooking spray, butter, or oil to coat the bottom and sides of the pan. You can also try using parchment paper on the bottom of the pan for extra insurance against sticking.

2. Why does my skillet cake always stick, even when I grease the pan?

If your skillet cake is still sticking even after greasing the pan, it could be due to the type of pan you are using. Non-stick pans are the best for preventing sticking, but if you are using a different type of pan, make sure to properly season it before using. You can also try using a higher quality cooking spray or oil for better results.

3. How can I get my sticky skillet cake out of the pan without it falling apart?

If your skillet cake is sticking and breaking apart when you try to remove it from the pan, it could be because it is not fully cooked. Make sure to check the doneness of the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is ready to be removed from the pan. You can also try using a silicone spatula or knife to gently loosen the edges of the cake before attempting to remove it.

4. Can I salvage a sticky skillet cake?

Yes, you can salvage a sticky skillet cake by following a few simple steps. First, let the cake cool completely in the pan. Then, place the pan in hot water for a few minutes to loosen the cake. Once the cake is loosened, carefully remove it from the pan and place it on a wire rack to cool completely. You can also try sprinkling some powdered sugar or drizzling icing on top to cover any imperfections.

5. How can I prevent my skillet cake from sticking in the future?

To prevent your skillet cake from sticking in the future, make sure to properly grease and season your pan before each use. You can also try using a non-stick pan or silicone baking mold for easier removal. Additionally, be sure to follow the recipe and baking instructions carefully to ensure the cake is fully cooked and ready to be removed from the pan without sticking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • pamperedmomto3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Tonyphel00
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies