• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting PWS Link Issues: How to Directly Purchase from the Outlet

more easily fixed. Now, when someone clicks on a link in an email, they are taken to a different page on the site. The problem is not with the link itself, but with the way the site processes the order. If someone clicks on a link to a product on our site and they are not logged in, they are taken to a page that asks them for their name and email address. If they are logged in, they are taken to the product page. If someone clicks on a link in an email and they are not logged in, they are taken to a page that asks them for their name and email address. If they are logged in, they are taken to the login page.
robbiesmom123
A friend e-mailed me for my PWS link to purchase from the outlet. I usually sent out an e-mail to my regulars when the outlet refills, and have found it easier to just post the direct link so they didn't have to go thru all the steps. Long story short, she said she followed the link and processed her order and the confirmation stated the order went to another consultant. Is there any way to get it for me? I'm probably screwed, huh? It was only a $60 order, but who couldn't use a $60 order. I'm bummed. Each time I send the link. I try it myself and I get to where I should be. Thoughts? :cry:

This is the reason why I don't include the direct link in my newsletter anymore. Whatever program "engine" the HO uses to process the online orders, it doesn't retain that link when going into "order mode".... more often than not, I've heard stories of it de-linking :(Oh, and the reason you always get yourself is probably because of a cookie on your computer or something... I always get myself too....

When the PWS first came out, HO made mention that we aren't to link in email to any page of our PWS other than the front page. Attempting to link to a specific item or ordering will redirect to the lead system or to another PWS, depending on what the cookie settings are for the user.

Yep, you can only link to your home page of your PWS. The other "direct" links don't work (as you found out).

Guess I learned the hard way. Thanks for your thoughts!

If it hasn't shipped, your customer can login and cancel the order.

Otherwise, call HO, they can cancel it. I've had that happen and successfully gotten the outlet order canceled.

this has happened to me twice this month and they typed in my website from my business card. just happened yesterday and she said so I need to go to your website right. I was on the phone when she done it and it will not show up the consultant's name until they hit submit. That is soo wrong... So I lost the sale while on the phone.

crissy11 said:
this has happened to me twice this month and they typed in my website from my business card. just happened yesterday and she said so I need to go to your website right. I was on the phone when she done it and it will not show up the consultant's name until they hit submit. That is soo wrong... So I lost the sale while on the phone.

Makes me wonder if this has happened to me... You would think they would fix this.

crissy11 said:

Well now how did that happen??!! She just typed in your address and was navigating and placed an order--or was she following a link? I'd call tech support or send an e-mail.

She typed in my website address. I had a lady a couple of months ago that done the same thing and she emailed me to let me know and she also called the home office. They told her she didn't have to cancel it that they would revert it to my website for me to get credit. I told her I didn't think that was possible unless she cancelled it herself. She said they insisted that they would do that. Of course, they never did.
This lady from yesterday called to cancel after it happened and the wait time was long with no call back so she didn't follow thru with it. And why should she have to do that. I wouldn't. It is ridicolous.

Oh my! That is crazy! I always wonder about these long hold times and how that is affecting the customers!

I subscribe to myemaildesigns newsletters. This whole topic has me worried because he has links included in our newsletters. I went ahead and e-mailed him my concern and this is what his staff wrote back (it's a copy of a response he made when it was asked by someone else another time):I discovered this issue with the .biz vs .com sites nearly two years ago when I began providing links in my designs. It is a problem that a non-technical designer might not have been able to understand or solve, and I have seen other newsletter designs that fall into the trap of sending customers to other consultants, or just to the home office where no one gets online sales credit!This is NOT a problem with my newsletter designs, because the links to do not go to the pamperedchef.com catalog; rather, they go to your pamperedchef.biz web site. The online catalog site passes along information from your .biz site to the .com site when a buyer from your personal site clicks through to the online catalog, thus giving you credit for the purchase. The problem arises when a designer unknowingly puts a link directly to an online catalog page found on the .com site. A link such as this bypasses the .biz site, and the catalog site therefore does not know which consultant should get the credit.The exception to this is the Outlet. There are no Outlet product descriptions on your personal site, and so for every Outlet picture or product name I always link to the "two-ways-to-order-products" page on your personal web site, with instructions on how to find the Outlet. Again, this way the online site can track where the buyer came from, ensuring you get credit for the sale.If you can, I'd love it if you could pass this response along to the director's loops and anyone else talking about this problem and let them know that the best way to ensure their links go where they should is to use my design service! :)I appreciate your business.
Best regards,
Mike
So what do you guys think? Does that make sense? Is he correct?

I always send direct links to people for their emails to their guests for their show and never had a problem. I also go to my website and go into the Outlet and send them that link. They all go to my website... Not sure what the problem is. Are you copying everything in your address bar??

These are using my biz cards and typing in my website and it is going to others. Not all of the time but some that I know of. I have over 1000 email addresses that I send a monthly newsletter to and I type my website address in and it takes them there. But mine is happening when they are just putting in my website and it is directing them to someone else's at checkout.

What is "Link Directed Elsewhere"?

"Link Directed Elsewhere" is a feature on the Pampered Chef website that allows users to share a direct link to a specific product or page on our site. This is especially useful for consultants to share with their customers or for customers to share with their friends and family.

How do I use "Link Directed Elsewhere"?

To use "Link Directed Elsewhere," simply navigate to the product or page you want to share and copy the URL from your browser's address bar. Then, go to the "Link Directed Elsewhere" feature on our website and paste the link into the designated box. Click "Generate" and a new, shortened link will be created for you to share.

Can I customize the shortened link?

Yes, you can customize the shortened link by adding a tag or keyword at the end of the link. This can help you keep track of which links are being clicked on and where the traffic is coming from. However, please note that the link must be unique and not already in use.

Is there a limit to how many links I can create?

Currently, there is no limit to the number of links you can create using "Link Directed Elsewhere." However, we recommend only creating links for products or pages that you frequently share or want to highlight to your customers.

Can I delete or modify a link that I have created?

Yes, you can delete or modify a link that you have created by going to the "My Links" section on the "Link Directed Elsewhere" feature. Simply find the link you want to delete or modify and click on the corresponding buttons. Please note that if you delete a link, it will no longer be active and will not work if clicked on.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Citchen Couture