• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gave My Customer Order to Another Consultant

In summary, a customer's order was accidentally put into a lead system rather than their personal web site. The order was completed and the funds were not lost. However, this happened a different way that has led to other problems.
Sallie_M
I loved the idea of sending pics of the newest Outlet offerings to my past hosts and preferred customers. SO, I copied and pasted the whole page from my pws.
Sent it to 25 people. One wrote me back that she needed her PHD, which I immediately e-mailed back. When a few days went by without seeing an order on my IPT, I wrote and asked if the things were gone when she went back to order, or if she decided against ordering.

She ordered, and her e-mail confirmation gave another consultant's name and info. After a couple of e-mails with HO, a tech gave me this info:

"Thank you for contacting The Pampered Chef. Let me explained what happened in this
case. When your guest signs into your Personal Web Site (PWS) and enter into the
individual ordering section, our system assigns that order to you. However, if you
copy and paste the links from your PWS into an email, the system doesn't log the
guest as having entered your web site, since he or she bypassed all the login
procedures. Therefore, when she orders, she is put into the Leads system and
assigned a consultant.

We strongly recommend that you not send links in emails to your Outlet items."

AND, I do not get her sale. :cry: Has this ever happened to anyone else????

I am sorry this happened to you :(
They sent out a notice about this in Web Bites a few months ago.
What a bummer...

actually...yes.
BUT, it happened a different way.
I have my website at the bottom of my email. My customer clicked that link, was on my site and loaded her shopping cart. She has kids and stepped away for a couple of minutes to talk to them and get her credit card. She timed out on my site and defaulted to The Pampered Chef corporate site. HER SHOPPING CART WAS STILL INTACT. She finished up and placed her order and then got her email confirmation with another consultants name on it.
She emailed it to me and asked me if I could fix it. I called HO and asked them and IT told me what probably happened. I could have cancelled it and had her reorder from me, but she may have lost the items she wanted from the outlet and it would have held the funds on her card. In the interest of good customer care, I just let it go.
Funny, I did her show the other night and I asked her if she heard from the other consultant.
She said, no. Not an email or anything. Shameful.
Anywho, FYI let them knw not to step away, or to clear their cookies and redo the whole order again.
Sorry it happened to you :(

Thank you both for commiserating with me. I don't remember the Web bites, but that could be my mind...

Live and learn. I strive to learn one thing new every day. May tomorrow's be a much better thing for me!!

:rolleyes:

And, CONGRATULATIONS, Cheryl on becoming a Director!!!

yes it has happened often like Cheryl said it is frustrating
my customers sometimes browse at work on their lunch hour and finish at home and it goes to another cons. However, I couldn't cancel the orders the customers had to reorder and return the first shipment

Thank you! Your welcome on the sympathies. But I hope you did notice that this customer was MY Host the other night, and while it may sting to lose a customer's order, it would sting more to lose a customer.

I hope tommorrow's lesson is easier!!

When the PWSs first came out, HO indicated that we could only link to the home page. Linking to any other page within our PWS could produce unexpected results - like those described above. A good rule of thumb is to only link to the main page of your PWS, and give instructions about how to reach the other information.

Koolotus said:
Thank you! Your welcome on the sympathies. But I hope you did notice that this customer was MY Host the other night, and while it may sting to lose a customer's order, it would sting more to lose a customer.

I hope tommorrow's lesson is easier!!

This customer hosted in December. A very nice show...

chefann said:
When the PWSs first came out, HO indicated that we could only link to the home page. Linking to any other page within our PWS could produce unexpected results - like those described above. A good rule of thumb is to only link to the main page of your PWS, and give instructions about how to reach the other information.

Ann, how do you link only to your homepage? I copied the pics and pasted, then typed in the info, including my web address. Didn't think I linked to anything at that time...

This has happened with one of my downline, but it was more that the customer did not understand that she had to log onto the consultant's website.

Perhaps including specific instructions in your e-mail may help. I am just not sure if this would help. Luckily, the order that was generated to me was a small one but this customer placed a small order again and I received it...but this is because the customer didn't listen. A very frustrating situation to say the least.

Koolotus said:
I asked her if she heard from the other consultant.
She said, no. Not an email or anything. Shameful.

Not all of the orders that come through the lead system have contact information attached to them. It's frustrating for the consultant receiving the lead because there is no way to follow up. We can only see the first and last name of the customer, no phone, e-mail or address to follow up with. Not sure if that's what happened in this case or not, but it's not always possible.

Sallie_M said:
Ann, how do you link only to your homepage? I copied the pics and pasted, then typed in the info, including my web address. Didn't think I linked to anything at that time...
It could have been how you pasted the pics. If your email program linked to them on the PC server instead of from your local machine, then it would have created a link. And HO has specifically stated recently that links through pics would go to the lead system.

When I link to my PWS in customer newsletters, I only go to the main page: pc.biz/name

finley1991 said:
Not all of the orders that come through the lead system have contact information attached to them. It's frustrating for the consultant receiving the lead because there is no way to follow up. We can only see the first and last name of the customer, no phone, e-mail or address to follow up with. Not sure if that's what happened in this case or not, but it's not always possible.

Could be, but honestly since the customer and I both know the woman it wasn't surprising that there was no contact.
I should put on my bigger person hat and think the best, but unfortunately, I can't get these cat claws off of my hands!
LOL:angel:

1. Why was my order given to another consultant?

At Pampered Chef, we strive to provide the best service to our customers. In some cases, due to high demand or product availability, your order may be referred to another consultant to ensure timely delivery.

2. Will my order still be fulfilled?

Yes, your order will still be fulfilled by the consultant it was given to. They have access to the same products and resources as the consultant you originally placed your order with.

3. Can I still contact my original consultant for questions about my order?

Yes, you can still contact your original consultant for any questions or concerns you may have about your order. They are still your main point of contact and will assist you throughout the ordering process.

4. Will there be any changes to my order?

In most cases, there will be no changes to your order. However, if there are any changes or substitutions made, the consultant fulfilling your order will inform you and make sure it meets your satisfaction.

5. Can I request to have my order given to a specific consultant?

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that your order will be given to a specific consultant. However, if you have a preferred consultant, you can mention it when placing your order and we will do our best to accommodate your request.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• redsoxgirl
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
PampChefJoy
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies