• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Troubleshooting Backup & Printing Issues

In summary, the show transferred fine from the laptop to the flash drive, but when I tried to print the item numbers were coming up like VH1313144, QUANITY 21, $0.00. However, I already submitted the show from the laptop so at least that i don't need to worry about. And as for the printer, I hope that gives at least a little bit of help.
reba515
I just backed up a show from my laptop to my flash drive so i could print the receipts on the desk top. It transferred everything fine, but when I try to print the item #'s are coming up like VH1313144 , QUANITY 21, $0.00
This is really strange !!
I do this all the time and have never had this issue.

When go back to check the show all is looking fine. Except it says that it isn't balanced. I can't fix that because the CC #'s are all xxxxxxx'ed out.
whats up ?? any ideas?

I already submitted the show from the laptop so at least that i don't need to worry about.

I just went and bought a new ink cartridge today for the desktop printer too! We use it more so i figured I would replace the other one next payday...grrr

okay so all the shows are doing this, i can see the original order from the show screen but not looking at the receipts.

Really ?? nobody can help ??? :( :(
or not even help just tell me I'm not crazy

and i can't plug the laptop into the other printer because I can't find the darn disk to install it.....lol

If you're using PP, I don't know if I have an answer. I have switched to P3, and it creates the receipts in a PDF file, so all I have to do is save the PDF file of receipts to my flash drive and then open that PDF file on the computer with the printer. I did have an issue at one point where the receipts were printing in gibberish, but closing and re-opening the file fixed that.

As for the installing of the printer on the laptop, you may be able to find the drivers for the printer on the manufacturer's website. Or you can just try plugging it in, some printers are automatically recognized and installed without the CD.

I hope that gives at least a little bit of help.

Hi there,I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some difficulties with printing your receipts. It sounds like the transfer from your laptop to your flash drive went smoothly, so it's strange that the item numbers are showing up in a different format on the desktop.It's possible that there may be a compatibility issue between your laptop and desktop, or that there was a glitch during the transfer process. I would recommend trying to transfer the show again and see if the issue persists. If it does, you may want to reach out to our technical support team for further assistance.As for the show not being balanced, it's possible that the CC numbers being xxxxxxx'ed out is causing the issue. You may want to try manually entering the CC information or contacting your customer to confirm the correct numbers.I'm sorry that you also had to deal with a printer ink issue on top of this. Hopefully, that will be an easy fix once the other issues are resolved.Please let me know if you need any further assistance. We want to make sure your show runs smoothly and that your customers receive their receipts correctly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.Best,

What are common causes of backup and printing issues?

Backup and printing issues can be caused by a variety of factors, including outdated software or drivers, connectivity problems, hardware malfunctions, and user error.

How can I troubleshoot backup and printing issues?

To troubleshoot backup and printing issues, you can try restarting your computer and printer, checking for updates, ensuring proper connectivity, and running diagnostic tests or seeking help from technical support.

Why is my backup or printing process slow?

A slow backup or printing process can be due to a lack of storage space, a slow internet connection, outdated software, or a large number of documents or files being processed at once.

What should I do if my printer is not connecting to my computer?

If your printer is not connecting to your computer, you can try troubleshooting the connection by restarting both devices, checking cables and connections, and making sure the printer is set as the default device in your computer's settings.

How can I prevent backup and printing issues in the future?

To prevent backup and printing issues, make sure to regularly update your software and drivers, maintain a stable internet connection, and properly maintain and clean your printer. It is also helpful to regularly back up your important files and documents to avoid any data loss.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mommy2amo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • kcjodih