• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Traveling With Kids: My Potty Training Story

She had seen one in a store and was thrilled when she was able to purchase one. The stone became her go-to kitchen tool, and was used on a regular basis. Mrs. G.......... shared that the stone had never given her any problems until that fateful day.A close friend of Mrs. G.........., who was also in the kitchen at the time, attempted to move the stone from the stove, but was unable to. Another friend of Mrs. G.........., who was not in the kitchen, called 911. Within minutes, emergency crews arrived and were able to remove the stone from the stove. The stone was then taken to a nearby hospital for examination.As it turned out, the crack in
LBurke
So I just did my first "traveling" show in Utah for my BF. :D It went better than I had expected traveling with my products, although my rectangle stone broke in-route and is far beyond warantee. Bummer too, cause it was my most seasoned piece!:cry:

Anywho, I have a little story to share that I'm sure I will laugh at someday... I had tagged along on my husbands business trip, so had to take my two year old with me to the show. He only bugged me a couple of times during the show, but at one point came up to me 1/2 way through the show and announced to everyone that he needed to go potty!:rolleyes: (Always pick the BEST times, don't they.) My BF (host) offered to take him. A couple minutes later, I see/hear the ladies snickering and turn around to see my son :angel: standing behind me in nothing but his T-shirt showing everyone his business :eek: :cry: :blushing: :eek: and asking for his jellybeans!:rolleyes: I was absolutely mortified and had to stop the show to rediaper and treat him! (He'd gotten away from my BF when she used the restroom after him.) The ladies seemed to love it... 4 expressed interest in hosting! Maybe I should take him with me every time!!! ;) NOT!
On the up side, we're really coming along on the potty training! Just thought I'd share... my husband HOWLED with laughter when I told him aobut it.

Now that is a good potty show - not a bad one like Ann had. ;)

Too cute!!! He deserves several jellybeans with such a prime performance!!

I just had the same thought, Janet. Total difference when the person going potty is 4 vs. 40. eeuuuwwww.....

EWWW, are you serious... I'll take my two-year-old over that anyday...
When I worked at the bank, I worked in an area with mostly elderly and had a man's teeth fall out on the counter! That was pretty gross too...
I think my son's bladder is directly connected to how inconvenient it is to take him... cart full of groceries, middle of the show, in the car... I dislike potty training... I don't have the patience! He does seem to be grasping it very quickly though, thank goodness, cause I've decided we're not buying any more pull ups (except night-time ones) when we're out of stock!

Your story is MUCH better, Laure! Mine is documented in the "thread killers" thread, back around June 18. There are additional updates on the continuing saga in the Hijacking thread (bad, bad group of people to end up doing shows for...). What's really sad is that nobody else in the room at the initial incident made any reaction - it's like it was normal behavior for the host.

:blushing: That's cute. I agree that they wait until the worst time to have to go. Then once they get the hang of it they want to check out every bathroom.:grumpy:

chefann said:
Your story is MUCH better, Laure! Mine is documented in the "thread killers" thread, back around June 18. There are additional updates on the continuing saga in the Hijacking thread (bad, bad group of people to end up doing shows for...). What's really sad is that nobody else in the room at the initial incident made any reaction - it's like it was normal behavior for the host.

OMG!:eek: I just looked up that thread! I think I would have packed up right then and there! I cannont even fathom.... a little more forgivable when you're two, huh (besides the fact that he went all the way upstairs and used the potty)! WOW! I hope you didn't give her her jellybeans!;)

Tribute to a Stone: A heartbreaking story
LBurke said:
although my rectangle stone broke in-route and is far beyond warantee. Bummer too, cause it was my most seasoned piece!:cry:
I found this on another site I'm on. Thought it might be appropriate right now.

"Tribute to a Stone
A heart BREAKING storyOn January 3, 2006, a dearly loved piece of the G....... Kitchen met its final destiny. Only recently removed from the oven, the 7 ½ year-old Rectangle Stone, was resting precariously atop the stove. The stone, the first in the collection owned by L... G....... of ............, Texas, served well, and had just produced a recipe of gluten free breadsticks less than an hour before the fateful event. It seems that Mrs. G......., in a hurry to turn on the burner to boil water, inadvertently turned the wrong knob. Within moments a loud crack was heard and the beloved stone was cracked.Mrs. G.......... remembers attending her first Pampered Chef show in ........., Texas, and wanting this stone. She hosted a party and chose this rectangle stone as a half-price host item. Unfortunately, the original stone arrived broken, and had to be returned. When the new stone arrived it was put to use immediately. Sadly, the stone competed with two Air-Bake pans for nearly three years before Mrs. G......... realized that her only true baking companion was a stone.This stone traveled from ......... to ............ when the family moved, and had made appearances at countless Pampered Chef shows performing for customers across the city of San Antonio and beyond. The depth of color was once noted as being “The darkest stone I’ve ever seen” by the husband of a fellow Pampered Chef consultant. The depth of color on this well seasoned stone rivals that of the first stone owned by Doris Christopher, founder of The Pampered Chef, which now is on display at the Pampered Chef’s home office, in one piece.The Rectangle stone lost a fellow Classic Collection member in 2004 when a 3 year 2 month old stone was put to rest after a similar accident. Survivors include: The Bar Pan, Loaf Pan, Large Round Stone, and others both in the Classics and New Traditions families of stoneware. Mrs. G.......... has not determined if the stone will be buried (in the trash can) or donated for use in culinary research. She was also noted as stating, “Some see pictures of people in tortillas. When my stone broke, it left an outline that resembles the Alamo with adjoining walls. This was a true tribute to its service in ................”May the Rectangle stone Rest In Pieces."
When she posted this someone else replied with this suggestion on what to do with the broken stone.
"I say bury it...well, bury 1/2 of it and then use the other half as it's head "stone". It's pretty dark, ok the dang darkest stone I've ever seen, so maybe you can write on it with white paint. Better yet, stamp it then seal it."

Attachments

• rectangle stone 1.JPG
    rectangle stone 1.JPG
    1.6 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
Bev, that's awesome... it's REALLY hard to make me laugh out loud and that did... I needed that...

Related to Traveling With Kids: My Potty Training Story

What is "Traveling With Kids: My Potty Training Story" about?

"Traveling With Kids: My Potty Training Story" is a personal account of one parent's experience potty training their child while traveling. It includes tips, tricks, and challenges that they faced along the way.

What age is the best to start potty training while traveling?

The best age to start potty training while traveling varies for each child. Some may be ready as early as 18 months while others may not be ready until closer to 3 years old. It's important to consider your child's readiness and comfort level before starting.

How can I prepare for potty training while traveling?

Some ways to prepare for potty training while traveling include bringing a portable potty or training seat, packing plenty of extra clothes and supplies, and planning frequent bathroom breaks. It's also helpful to have a consistent routine and positive reinforcement for your child.

What challenges can I expect while potty training while traveling?

Some challenges you may face while potty training while traveling include finding appropriate bathrooms, dealing with accidents, and maintaining consistency in unfamiliar environments. It's important to stay patient and positive, and to have a plan in place for handling any challenges that arise.

What are some tips for successful potty training while traveling?

Some tips for successful potty training while traveling include staying consistent with your routine, being prepared with supplies and extra clothes, using positive reinforcement, and being patient with your child. It's also important to be flexible and willing to adapt to different situations that may arise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• princessmeshelle
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • ahammons
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
missydivine
  • merego