• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tour #1: Who Else Is Up Before the Chickens?

In summary, the first morning one needs to be registered and have their name tag to board the shuttles. After the first morning, one does not need their name tag to board the shuttles.
loreedfk
Who else has to be up before the chickens and on the bus? I'll be with the other gals from my cluster, but I would still like to try to meet some of you. Let me know if you are on Tour #1.

I am - and I'm not a morning person :)

Julie

I am too.. not thrilled but figured I had a better chance of getting on that tour than the others. I dont do mornings so I cant imagine how I'm going to feel at 6:45 when we leave.

Question: it says the registration desk opens at 6:30 but then it says we need to be on the bus 1/2 hour before it departs? Thats confusing. Its my first conference so do they open the registration desk earlier for those of us up w/ the chickens?

I don't know how they work the whole registration, get on the bus thing - I've only been a consultant for 4 months and this is my first conference. I do know that I won't be conscious enough at that hour to figure it out. Hopefully someone in my group IS a morning person and can make sure the rest of us find our way!!! ;)

You will want to be at the bus at 6:15am and will register after you get back from your tour...

Be at the bus at 6:15?? I'm not sure I can be out of bed by then! :D

I was told we can't get on the bus w/o being registered first. I was told they usually open up a little earlier for us butt crack of dawn people. I still think I was temporarily insane listening to my director to take this tour.

Yea, that's how this little night owl ended up on the early tour - listening to my director!! What was I thinking? :confused:

pamperedalf said:
I was told we can't get on the bus w/o being registered first. I was told they usually open up a little earlier for us butt crack of dawn people. I still think I was temporarily insane listening to my director to take this tour.
They do let you on the bus the first morning without being registered. They can tell you are PC believe me!!

After the first morning you do need your name tag to board the shuttles and to enter the hall. Of course if you arrive late they will let you get to the registration booth... ;)

I'm on it!!! And my director is going stand by. I hope she gets in! I am usually up early so it won't be a problem. Its after flying Wednesday that might have me wiped out. Where do you get the bus for the HO tour? I'm at Palmer.

We catch the bus, oh I can't think of the name but it's where we are for the next 3 days anyways McCormick ah I don't know. Just thinking out loud. Anyways I will see you all bright and early, I can't beleive I leave a week from tomorrow.Just got an email from my director that our advance director wants to leave at 2:30AM next wed. I think she is flipping nuts, have to be at the airport 3 hours early. We aren't flying international, ah I hate airport food. Oh well see you all in a week!

I'm on it! Was it ever confirmed what we are going to do/wear to show us as Cheffers?

So to get on the bus at 6:15.. I wonder what time I'd have to leave the Hilton Chicago to get to the Conf. Center.. geez. didnt think of THAT! Ok I'm so not looking forward to it lol

Kate, i dont know what we are doing but I guess we better figure it out lol Unless one of us yells out on the bus.. I'm a Cheffer! lol

Do you think we would scare everyone on the bus if one of us stood up and shouted "Cheffers Unite!"??? :cool:

That would be funny, I just don't have the guts to do it myself!!!! We could try all wearing something similar! I will post a pic of me, it was last year on Maui, and my hair is slightly longer but you would get the gist!!!!:)

Well that one sucks for here, I will try and find another one!!!

I will be on that one!!So will my director but she is not a cheffer. I am not a morning person either, although you would think 18 yrs in the USAF would make me one.......it hasn't!! LOL But heck I will be the one to stand up and ask about the cheffers if need be!! I am dying to meet you all!!

I'll do the "Cheffer's Unite! I'm AJPRATT!" on the bus. LOL I don't care if I look like I'm nuts. Reminds me of the movie Anchorman when he says "Newsteam Assemble". lol

You know I'm going to crack up when someone does this! Does everyone have a black shirt they are brining with them?? maybe if we wear a black shirt that day we can say are you a Cheffer?

or scream on the bus will wake us up.. maybe thats better lol

I have a black top that I can wear that day!!!!! I am up for that! :) I'll Anne do the Cheffer Call!!

Okay I am bumping this up since we leave tomorrow, and I still haven't packed yet ugh!HO Tour #1 I am wearing a black top with capris I will have a cheffer name tag, and some scrapbooking stickers that have tools and so forth.:)I would love to say where to meet for lunch if people are still up for it, but this is my first conference and I have no clue to say where to meet. We should probably decide since I am leaving before my rooster crows in the morning. MyAD is insane she wanted to leave @ 2AM for an 8:15 flight! So the compermise is 2:30AM.

MyAD is insane she wanted to leave @ 2AM for an 8:15 flight! So the compermise is 2:30AM.

Please tell me it is a 4 hour drive to the airport!! :D

I don't have a clue yet what I'll be wearing - I'm at work right now and working on my packing list - hope they don't mind!!!

At that time in the morning it is 2 1/2 hours and she is worried about secruity. Sacramento has the easiest security around. You could arrive 20 mins before your flight and still make it! One of her ex consultants just did a catalog show for me and said she is horrible to travel with. Said she is a mad women through the airport first one on the plane, first one off, wants you to get all her luggage while she goes and grabs a cab, so she can be the first one at the hotel. So we will see, I just want to get to the conference part!

Amanda - what time are you arriving in Chicago and which airport are you flying into? I believe we get there around 12:30 Chicago time at Midway.

We get to midway @ 2:05!

A Cheffer Won!!!!!! :)I told you guys that I was going to win, and guess what I won the shopping spree!!!:) I am still on a high and I probably won't sleep a bit! Talkto you all real soon!

Chicago is Awesome!!!!:D :D :D

Woo-Hoo!!! Congratulations!! What did you get? (yes, we all want to know!!!) Did you stand on the left side of the room (all our winners came from there!!!)

I was on tour #3 of wave #1. There were 4 buses, but the 4th bus only had 14 people on it. They took all of the stand by people in line,. which was about 65 people. So hopefully, if you want to go on the tour and did not get tickets, try tour #3

pamperedalf said:
I told you guys that I was going to win, and guess what I won the shopping spree!!!:) I am still on a high and I probably won't sleep a bit! Talkto you all real soon!

Chicago is Awesome!!!!:D :D :D
No WAY!!! That's so cool!!! Congratulations. You must have your laptop at conference, because aren't you there right now? I can't wait to hear how many things you got. You have to add up the value of everything!! And tell us how many boxes were waiting for you when you got home.

HOW COOL!!

I do have to say that if you've been on the HO tour before, save you're money this time . Its self guided and I was done in about 15 minutes. I guess its worth the chance to win the spree, but it just stunk.

Congrats Amanda! I was on that tour... y'all were awesome! It seemed as if most winners were from CA! Congratulations and let us know if they actually send you 1 of everything or only what you pulled?!?!?

Just got Home!!!!!First of all I want to say thank you, for all your kind words! They put the button on my shirt and I was so stunned that I didn't notice it until I got on the bus to go back to conference. Someone could of stole all my money and I wouldn't have noticed.
I wore that button w/ pride, had my very own cheerleader on my bus which was cool, we got back to conference and he kept telling people that I just won shopping spree, it was awesome.

AJPratt I do have to say that if you've been on the HO tour before, save you're money this time . Its self guided and I was done in about 15 minutes. I guess its worth the chance to win the spree, but it just stunk.

Anne I have to agree w/ you on the tour. This was my first tour, but since I was by myself (couldn't find any cheffers) it was kinda boring. I looked for you, I really wanted to meet you. I looked at every blonde I saw that was shorter than me, and couldn't find you!

GourmetGirl Congrats Amanda! I was on that tour... y'all were awesome! It seemed as if most winners were from CA! Congratulations and let us know if they actually send you 1 of everything or only what you pulled?!?!?

I talked w/ another girl who won the shopping spree and called HO to see how much she got and she pulled I think $3,500 is what she said. But they told her it was only what she put in the cart. Then I was told that they used to give you all the cookware and whatever else you grabbed. So who know's but I will post pics of my spree and pics when I get my stuff. It should all be here by Friday!
Now the Ca. thing, I did notice on our tour there was at least 3 from California, but on the other give aways there were only 2 from Ca. But the funny thing is I went to my exec dinner 3 of us won shopping sprees and one girl and I were tour #1.

Okay now that this post is so long you all are probably telling me to shut up, I have a favor to ask my fellow cheffers. There were 2 ladies I met at the Sacramento airport who flew over on a different flight but I met up w/ them again on the tour right before the spree and they watched my stuff and took pics during the spree, but I didn't get any of their info. I wanted to thank them. So if any of you know a Barbara who is about 5'9'' w/ light brown hair and her recruiter is about the same hieght w/ dark brown hair please pass their info to me. They are some where in N Cal. And it's not Barbara Duke, because she is my exec. Thanks for your help, talk to you all real soon!:D :D

Amanda, I'm sorry I missed you! I had such a rough trip on the way in, I was out of it! I was doing a scavenger hunt so I was standing by the door asking everyone if they were from Calorado, Nevada, or Missori. I'm sure I was a pest!

Anne, which bus were you on?

Julie

Here is the latest update from my spree, I have 18 boxes should be coming next Monday since they were shipped today, friday if UPS really likes me.Value are you ready, I am still in shock $2,800! Now if I could get a shopping spree every year. My husband wants me to go buy a lotto ticket.

AMANDA!! THAT IS AWESOME!! :D :D :D You must be so giddy!! I know I would be! I think my husband would die if I won that much product! I don't know where we would put it!:D

Hi Girls!!

Amanda thats great!! I sent you a PM not realizing you found out already the total.

I'm bummed I didnt get to meet alot of us Cheffers as well. Anne I was sitting with you during lunch one day and didnt even realize it. My sister in law Shari said she realized it later on and had mentioned it to you. You were joking with your friend about her giving something away you had given her. lol So you didnt want her to give away the Empowering Women mag. Wish we would've known it then!

I have to agree w/ the HO tour. It was a bummer. From what i was told that it was such a great thing. Well Shari and I had about an hour to spare after seeing it all on our own and were kinda bored. The shopping spree was fantastic and so worth it if you won (Right Amanda? lol) but other than that.. I wouldnt do it again. Being up w/ the chickens is SOOO NOT my thing lol

The problem is that I have no idea where I am going to put any of it. My house is busting at the seems, our garage is not even close to being finished. Plus when I got back to conference I bought 3 suprise boxes, I was totally insane. So I am in trouble when they all arrive. My husband keeps asking where are we going to put it. I think maybe the barn. I just don't know!:)

TinasKitchen: I remember! I think you guys or at least Shari saw me on the HO tour and wasn't sure if it was me. LOL! I was so out of it. I just didn't feel well. I think it was something I ate from the first night. I got so sick and had a headache until Saturday and couldn't sleep. I thought about going to see a Dr. Anyway, I did manage to catch up with John (Pampered1224), he called my cell. And I met the Debbie that runs this site! That was really cool! I thought since I had posted it all over here I may have gotten more calls, but that's ok.

Well obviously I didn't catch that you put your number on here, but I didn't get to check in here late Tuesday or at all Wednesday before I left :(

Anne I didn't see it either, I must have been out of it. I did talk to loreedfk, I had her number and called after the shopping spree.

Sat next to jhammer22 she noticed my name tag and asked if I was a Cheffer. I was so proud to say yes.

Next conference we will have a better plan!:)

Definately need a better plan next year, I was thinking the same thing walking through between the two buildings, looking at everyone that passed by me to see if they had a badge on or they looked familiar. LOL, I would have agreed to meet for dinner the first night had I known that my director's director for sure wasn't going to do dinner again this year, I will definately have to know my schedule in advance next time.

Anne, I'm sorry I didnt catch your #. Yes me and Shari were behind you going into Doris' office. Shari said you dropped your business card.. I saw Anne on it and later on realized that I thought it said Pratt.. so we looked for you again while sitting waiting to go into the shopping spree.

Next year better plan for sure. At least a meeting place during bkfast and lunch would be great.

Which upline directors did you have for your executive banquet? Mine is Beth Jacobs.

So here are the spree pics taken by some really nice consultants Barb & Stephanie in the Sacramento Area. Thanks so much, I am so glad that we met!:D :D

Attachments

• I won 2.jpg
    I won 2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
So here are the rest!!!:D

Attachments

• full Basket.jpg
    full Basket.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 541
  • grabbing 2.jpg
    grabbing 2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 444
  • grabbing some more.jpg
    grabbing some more.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 440
  • It's Home 2.jpg
    It's Home 2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 440
I just want to volunteer to take some of that off your hands since you don't have anywhere to put it...What fun! I thought I was going to be sad when I didn't win but it was SO great to watch you guys!

I think its the funniest thing at the Spree. When they announce a number you hear some "Ughs" and then quick "Yeas". I wasn't even listening for my number because I thought that part of it was so cool!

Thanks Kim, but I am going to keep it. right now I have 20 boxes in my living room!

Amanda those pics are great!!! I have to admit I would've pooped my pants if my # was called. Although I would've done it! lol

And to have all the cookware! thats awesome too :)

That is awesome !! Lucky girl !!! I cant imagine putting it all away !! I know when we get our new products from all the sell a thons iam like OMG where can i put all this stuff !!! Iam not complaining though !!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • flemings99
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Kitchen2u