• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top Programs for Downloading MP3s: Expert Recommendations | TIA

In summary, I recommend avoiding Frostwire, using Google Music, and using iTunes if you want to download music to your mp3 player.
Karen
Gold Member
What programs (besides Itunes) do you recommend for downloading MP3's? I just bought a new, simple, "easy to use" MP3 player for my husband and am wondering what website is the easiest and most user friendly to use for downloading music.

I use Itunes when downloading music to my Iphone, however the guys at Best Buy said I would not be able to use the music on my Itunes for this MP3. And that I should use something similar to "Frostwire", however I didn't think that was a safe website.

Just looking for ideas, suggestions, and advise. TIA!

Oooo, I want to know to please!!!!

I use Amazon mp3

I use amazon, too. Pretty straight forward.

I also use emusic.com, but that is a monthly fee. Not really a subscription. Once you buy the song it is yours forever (even if you stop membership). But, the idea is you pay $x a month and have that month to use it. More indie stuff here.
I have been a long term member, so I pay 11.99 a month and can download 13.99 worth of songs each month. Not sure what subscription plans are available now.

ooooh, I was an eMusic subscriber back when it was a subscription service. Fond memories of those days & wild music discoveries! These days, it's more of a pre-paid card that you have to use up every month.

As for iTunes, it's easy to get their songs in mp3 format for other players.
right-click > Create mp3 version
for the song(s) you want to convert.
They have weekly free songs that come out every Tuesday. Some of them have been really good!
The guys at BestBuy are completely uninformed.

My advice is to always check Amazon mp3 prices, though. They are usually .99 where iTunes is $1.29 for the most popular ones.

Google also has an mp3 service.

Yes, avoid Frostwire & other bit torrent sites like that. Too easy to get a malware-infected file.

Last edited:
I use amazon even for my itunes b/c it auto downloads into iTunes. Just a tip - it stores your music in a different folder than the rest of your music. If you're one that doesn't use amazon's cloud or icloud, this is important to know b/c when I backed up all my music, I didn't know this and I left out that folder. One week later my computer crashed (ironic huh?) and I lost my amazon downloads.
I'm now a believer in their cloud. :)

You can change the amazon downloader to use the iTunes folder, but good point! It does not install that way.

Yep, a 'small' detail they leave out :)

Thanks everyone! I'm off to check out Amazon and get some music loaded as I wait for the 8-16 inches of snow they are predicted for the next couple of days! Stay warm and safe!

Forgot to say - with any of these services, consider keeping your credit card info safe by switching your payment method back to "none" after buying.

There was a huge amount of hacking going on in iTunes about a year ago. Don't know if Apple fixed it, but hackers were putting up apps in the app store, the kind where you have to buy points or whatever to advance to different levels in the game. Then people were getting charges for $$$ on games they never played. I read one horrible story about a person not being able to make rent and his bank account getting frozen, etc.

It's a hassle to keep entering payment info if you intend to buy things several times per week, but if you're just buying rarely, you can set your payment method back to none when you're finished with your purchase.

1. What are the top programs for downloading MP3s recommended by experts?

According to experts, some of the top programs for downloading MP3s include iTunes, Spotify, Amazon Music, Google Play Music, and SoundCloud.

2. Are these programs free to use?

Some of these programs, such as Spotify and SoundCloud, offer a free version with limited features. However, most of them require a subscription or payment to access their full range of features.

3. Can I download MP3s on my mobile device using these programs?

Yes, all of these programs have mobile versions available for download on both iOS and Android devices.

4. Are these programs legal to use for downloading MP3s?

Yes, all of these programs have partnerships and agreements with record labels and artists to legally distribute their music. However, it is important to make sure you are not downloading copyrighted material without proper permission.

5. Can I transfer my downloaded MP3s to other devices?

Yes, most of these programs allow you to transfer your downloaded MP3s to other devices, as long as they are compatible with the program and you have a valid subscription or account.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Mr. Pampered Chef
  • Melissa78