• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I change my default program for opening downloaded files?

In summary, to download files from the Pampered Chef website, click on the download button next to the desired file. If the download is taking a long time, ensure a strong internet connection and clear cache and cookies. Open the downloaded file by double-clicking or using a compatible program. Files can be downloaded on mobile devices, but the process may vary. If the downloaded file is not working, try downloading again or contact customer service for help.
pamperedgirl3
I know there was a thread similar to this awhile ago, but I have a different problem. I just can't remember how to fix this, so maybe one of you can help!

When I click on a file to open it, a screen comes up to save this file, open it or to download it later. My problem is that for some reason the open it now wants to open everything in Internet Explorer, which I don't even use. It used to let me choose what program to open it in or would just know. Now I can't open anything & I can't remember how to change it. The only thing I can find when I click on help on my computer is download manager & it doesn't give me the option to change the program files download in. Please help!!!

If you right-click over the file you can download it by selecting "save target as". Once it is saved you should be able to open it in any application you want.

tlennhoff said:
If you right-click over the file you can download it by selecting "save target as". Once it is saved you should be able to open it in any application you want.

Thanks! I'll give that a try.

1. How do I download the files from the Pampered Chef website?

To download files from our website, simply click on the download button next to the file you wish to download. This will prompt the file to be saved to your computer.

2. What do I do if the download is taking a long time?

If the download is taking a long time, make sure you have a strong internet connection. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies before attempting to download again.

3. How do I open the downloaded files?

Once the file has finished downloading, you can open it by double-clicking on it or using a program on your computer that is compatible with the file type.

4. Can I download files from the Pampered Chef website on my mobile device?

Yes, you can download files from our website on your mobile device. However, the process may vary depending on the device and operating system you are using.

5. What do I do if the downloaded file is not working?

If the downloaded file is not working, try downloading it again to make sure the download was successful. If the issue persists, please contact our customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• darlinclem
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • dannyzmom