• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Open Office: The Perfect Free Alternative to Microsoft Office

In summary, Discover Open Office is a free software suite that offers tools for creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more. It is a great alternative to Microsoft Office and is completely free to download and use. It includes a word processor, spreadsheet program, presentation program, drawing and diagramming tool, and database management program. It is compatible with Microsoft Office file formats and available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems with multiple language support.
dwyerkim
Wanted to share my new discovery... I had been complaining to a friend that my microsoft office trial ran out and now I have all these great office documents that I can no longer edit. He told me about open office (openoffice.org) from sun microsystems... a free download, compatible with word, power point, and xcell files. Yippee! Now I can use the invitation template again to print my invites! Hope this helps some of you who were in the same situation as me and didn't want to shell out money to buy microsoft office!

Thanks Kim!! It does Help!!! THANK YOU!!!:D

Great information Kim. Thanks for sharing.

So, does this make the microsoft office work again or is it similar to MS office? I also have the free trial that will be ending soon & don't want to shell out $200.00 for the complete program.

It is a different office program. It's the equivalent to Microsoft Office in most ways. And it's free! :)

jenniferp417 said:
It is a different office program. It's the equivalent to Microsoft Office in most ways. And it's free! :)

What she said. ;)

I haven't messed around with it too much, actually all I did was use it to open the invite template and I was just thrilled it worked! I hate that microsoft word and works don't "talk" to each other. But now I have a solution without spending a dime. Waa-hoo! I'm wonderful! ;)

thanks kim.. I was wondering what I was going to do too! mine ran out 2 weeks ago! I've been bumming! now I can get back to work!!

What is Discover Open Office?

Discover Open Office is a free software suite that offers a variety of tools for creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more. It is considered a great alternative to Microsoft Office as it offers similar features and functionality.

Is Discover Open Office really free?

Yes, Discover Open Office is completely free to download and use. There are no hidden fees or subscription charges.

What programs are included in Discover Open Office?

Discover Open Office includes a word processor (Writer), a spreadsheet program (Calc), a presentation program (Impress), a drawing and diagramming tool (Draw), and a database management program (Base).

Can I open Microsoft Office files in Discover Open Office?

Yes, Discover Open Office is compatible with Microsoft Office file formats, such as .docx, .xlsx, and .pptx. This means you can open and edit these files in Discover Open Office without any issues.

Is Discover Open Office available for all operating systems?

Discover Open Office is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. It also offers multiple language support, making it accessible to a wide range of users.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrny2001
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies