• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Helping Out a MP3 Newbie: Tips & Advice

In summary, someone told MP3 newbies that they can get music from WalMart's web site. The site offers music for cheap and is compatible with most MP3 players.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Okay, I'm embarrassed to admit that noone in my house has an Ipod or Blackberry. Wouldn't even know what to do with them! Never had a MP3 player in the house until the other day. Now both my 13 yo DD and my 10yo DS each have one (bought with their own money while out with their dad).

Now what? Where do I get music to put on them? Is there a particularly good site to get music from? Don't they mess up your computers? (it's what I heard). How much is it per song? I'm soooo confused and they've been bugging and bugging me to download different song sharing sites to get songs but I know nothing about them or which ones are reliable/user friendly/safe/ECONOMICAL!

Can anyone help out a MP3 newbie?

I would love this info too. I just got my husband an Ipod that he has been talking about for Father's Day. I know he has gotten stuff already from Itunes in antipication of getting an Ipod. But we know nothing about them. I can work with computers, so, I am sure I can figure them out I just know nothing about them yet and would love info.

Are they Ipods?

well try this- Apple - iPod + iTunes

and this...http://www.itunes-me.com/

I hope these help. I listen to my purchased music through itunes on my computer! :) I can also upload the songs I've purchased onto my ipod. DH says there is a site out there where songs are like 10-50 cents verses the 99 cents that itunes charges, email me at [email protected] and I'll ask him tomorrow what it is and send it to you. It's late and I need to go to bed and he's already sleeping.

nope, these aren't ipods just regular old mp3s

nope these aren't ipods, just regular mp3's that I have no idea what to do with

Someone told me they get their music through WalMart's web site, but I don't know anything about it...DH and I have iPods, so we use Apple's iTunes for ours. Might want to check out WalMart online and see what they offer...

bumping so that you all can see the link I posted above. A few people had asked about it. :)

Most of the music I put on my MP3 player (non-iPod - it's actually called an iBot LOL) is ripped from CDs. You do need to be careful of sites you download from. DH used to get songs with... the service through RealPlayer I think it was and it came in a player specific format that was incompatible with MP3 players... FRUSTRATING to buy a song legally and not being able to take it with you. So he canned that service. So you need to find out what your MP3 player supports (format wise)... I think the 2 most common, supported by most players is .mp3 and .wma but like I said, there are others that aren't supported by all players (MP3 players or computer program players). So research what your MP3 player supports and before signing up for a download service, find out what format they download in and if it's either compatible with your player OR if there's a way to convert it before you start popping $1 per song (which can be a costly investment when you turn around and find yourself hobbled in use).

You can usually rip your own CDs that you already own to mp3 format, so you can take those songs with you. I don't have any specifics about software other than iTunes, though, since all the portable music players in our household are iPods/iPhones.

iPods are SIMPLE. You plug it in, and your computer recognizes it and automatically sets you up through iTunes. It's very intuitive and easy to use.I got one last month and thought I would be cursing and screaming to get it to work and it was surprisingly simple. I didn't even need DH's help. :D

DebbieJ said:
iPods are SIMPLE. You plug it in, and your computer recognizes it and automatically sets you up through iTunes. It's very intuitive and easy to use.

I got one last month and thought I would be cursing and screaming to get it to work and it was surprisingly simple. I didn't even need DH's help. :D

I was so surprised at how easy iPods were too. I figured I would have it all screwed up and then I would have to beg my husband to fix my mess, but it was soooo simple.

my kids have plain mp3 players. you can get music through Walmart.com and all of it I found is edited. You can buy music on Napster and several other sites. Our mp3 player have a SD card so I just copy the music from my computer to that and insert it in the player. works great!

Yes, Walmart sells edited versions. Even the CDs in their store are edited. Keeping up that family friendly image. :rolleyes:

limewire..

1. How do I transfer music from my computer to my MP3 player?

To transfer music from your computer to your MP3 player, you will need to connect your MP3 player to your computer using a USB cable. Once connected, you can open the folder or application for your MP3 player on your computer and simply drag and drop the music files you want to transfer. Alternatively, you can use a media management software such as iTunes or Windows Media Player to sync your music to your MP3 player.

2. Can I download music directly to my MP3 player?

It depends on your MP3 player. Some MP3 players have built-in Wi-Fi capabilities that allow you to download music directly from online music stores or streaming services. However, for most MP3 players, you will need to download music to your computer first and then transfer it to your MP3 player using a USB cable or media management software.

3. How do I organize my music on my MP3 player?

You can organize your music on your MP3 player by creating folders or playlists. Folders allow you to group your music by album, artist, genre, or any other category you choose. Playlists, on the other hand, allow you to create a customized list of songs that you can listen to in a specific order. You can create and manage folders and playlists using your MP3 player's built-in menu or through media management software.

4. Can I use my MP3 player with Bluetooth headphones?

It depends on your MP3 player. Some MP3 players have Bluetooth capabilities, which allow you to pair your MP3 player with Bluetooth headphones for wireless listening. However, not all MP3 players have this feature, so make sure to check the specifications of your MP3 player before purchasing Bluetooth headphones.

5. How do I charge my MP3 player?

To charge your MP3 player, you will need to connect it to a power source using a USB cable. You can plug the USB cable into a computer, a USB wall charger, or a USB car charger. Make sure to use the USB cable that came with your MP3 player or a compatible one to avoid any damage. It is recommended to fully charge your MP3 player before using it for the first time and to regularly charge it to ensure optimal performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered2007
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
KellyRedHead
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
Replies