• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Running a Household Efficiently: Tips from Moms

In summary, the conversation revolved around tips for running a household more efficiently. The main concerns were managing time and schedules with multiple children, as well as organizing grocery trips. Some suggestions included using an expandable file folder for important documents in the car and using a dry erase board with a weekly schedule for the family. The key to success is finding a routine that works for your family and sticking to it consistently.
beepampered
I'm looking for help running my household more efficiently. With tips from many moms, perhaps we can all do a bit better.

Here's my story: My third child was born a week before my dd started first grade and two weeks before my ds started preschool three mornings a week. I spend almost two hours on preschool days in the car delivering them and an hour on other days. In theory, I'd like to to expand my PC business but can't get my act together enough.

What one or two tips can you give that help you run your house more efficiently? Where does your mail go? backpacks? Do you have a schedule? If you suggest flylady or some system, tell me why that one is the best or one tip from that system.

My tip for others: I have an expandable file folder (half the size of a piece of paper) that I keep in my car. I put gift cards, coupons for businesses (not grocery coupons), membership cards and other reference items in my card.

Look forward to your thoughts....Thanks....BEE

Re: OrganizationOne thing I want to start doing is organizing my grocery trips better. I know it sounds REALLY weird but it always a pain for me. I normally shop at one main grocery store so I have designed my grocery list to follow the aisles instead of randomly writing on a piece of paper every time I get ready for the grocery store. That way I cannot forget something and have to go back or forget it all together and have to make another trip to the grocery store. While I like shopping, grocery shopping takes up too much of my time and this would hopefully make my trips less often.

Re: OrganizationI have a dry erase board that is Monday-Sunday with a strip of corkboard on the bottom. It is in my kitchen, I write my calander for the week on their so it is visible for the whole family. I to have 3 children, 6 years old and under, so our life revolves around routines!! From am routines, to backpacks, to homeowrk and bed. You have to find what works for your family and do it EVERYDAY until the kids get used to it, it will make life less stressful. It is difficult to get started, b/c u feel like a broken record telling them what to do, but they learn!

What are some essential tools for running a household efficiently?

Some essential tools for running a household efficiently include a planner or calendar to keep track of appointments and tasks, a budgeting tool or app to track expenses, a meal planning tool or app to save time and money on grocery shopping, and a cleaning schedule to stay on top of household chores.

How can I involve my children in household tasks?

Involving children in household tasks not only teaches them responsibility, but also helps lighten the load for parents. Some ways to involve children include assigning age-appropriate tasks, making it fun with games or challenges, and offering rewards or incentives for completing tasks.

What are some time-saving tips for busy moms?

For busy moms, time management is key. Some time-saving tips include multi-tasking, delegating tasks to other family members or hiring help, setting priorities and focusing on the most important tasks first, and finding ways to streamline tasks such as meal prepping or using online grocery shopping and delivery services.

How can I stay organized with a busy household?

Staying organized can be a challenge with a busy household, but it is essential for running it efficiently. Some tips for staying organized include decluttering regularly, creating designated spaces for items, setting up a filing system for important documents, and using labels or color-coding systems to keep things organized.

What are some ways to save money while running a household?

Running a household can be costly, but there are ways to save money. Some tips include creating and sticking to a budget, finding ways to reduce expenses such as meal planning and using coupons, and being mindful of energy usage to save on utility bills. It's also helpful to shop around for the best deals and take advantage of sales and discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • legacypc46
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • raebates