• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trouble with Spritz Cookies: Help for a Newbie!

to it to make "flourless" cookies - also works with other mixes.Hi, newbie here:I made a batch of spritz cookies, recipe came with the cookie press. I was using the old press, new one is on its way. The problem I was having is that I couldnt get the cookie to release the dough that it put out. I did not grease the stone, made the dough up and did not refrigerate, used it right then. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I would have to use 2 cookies worth of dough before and even then had to use my fingers to coax it off. Frustrated!:confused: any tips?Sometimes adding a little
Mindy50135
Hi, newbie here:eek:
I made a batch of spritz cookies, recipe came with the cookie press. I was using the old press, new one is on its way. The problem I was having is that I couldnt get the cookie to release the dough that it put out. I did not grease the stone, made the dough up and did not refrigerate, used it right then. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? I would have to use 2 cookies worth of dough before and even then had to use my fingers to coax it off. Frustrated!:confused: any tips?

Sometimes adding a little flour helps. Or change the disk. Sometimes certain disks won't work with certain dough. But I LOVE the new press, don't have a lot of problems with it.

We were playing with them at our cluster meeting the other day and found that the disk has to be in there a certain way. Pretty much when you put it in the bottom piece make sure the # is towards you.

That has always been the problem when I've used the old cookie press - the disk was not in the correct way.

Usually I like to get the new stuff but I can't see getting another cookie press! Same thing with restyled garlid press & can opener!

I used to have to microwave the dough to make it "gloppy" in order for the old press to work. Just wait for the new one, it is fabulous and you don't have to do anything special with the dough!

When did they make it a "new" cookie press? It looks like I missed this. Are there new features?

gailz2 said:
When did they make it a "new" cookie press? It looks like I missed this. Are there new features?
Last fall I believe.I remember using the old press it would take about 2 'clicks' on the handle and then I would release. Dough texture is probably why it's not releasing. I also found surface made a difference (like NOT on a hot pan, and not on used parchment paper). Here is what I discovered last year when I used our current (New) Press. It applies more to the dough itself:
Ok....i'm a little more at ease with the Cookie Press. Adding about 1/3 cup water to my dough, and then using the press directly onto the Cookie Sheet, NOT onto the parchment paper, makes a HUGE difference. They look like the shapes they should! And they come off of the press much better. Apparently, using the paper doesn't have the right texture to make the dough stick to it and come off the press. Just have to let the cookie pan cool enough before putting a new batch on...but that's ok.The whole thread (which had various tips, etc): http://www.chefsuccess.com/f8/new-cookie-press-56791/

thanks, good to know!

use the pouch of betty crocker sugar cookie mix and add 1/4 c flour

1. Why is my spritz cookie dough coming out too sticky?

One possible reason for sticky dough is that the butter used was too soft. Make sure to use butter that is at room temperature, but not melted. Another reason could be that the dough was overmixed, causing the butter to melt and make the dough sticky. Try chilling the dough for 30 minutes before using.

2. How do I prevent my spritz cookies from spreading too much?

The main reason for spreading is that the dough is too warm. Make sure to chill the dough for 30 minutes before using, and also chill the cookie sheets before baking. You can also try adding a bit more flour to the dough to make it sturdier.

3. My spritz cookies are coming out too pale, how do I get a nice golden color?

If your cookies are coming out pale, it could be because the oven temperature is too low. Invest in an oven thermometer to ensure the temperature is accurate. You can also try baking the cookies for a few extra minutes for a golden color.

4. Why are my spritz cookies sticking to the cookie press?

There are a few reasons why this might happen. First, make sure to thoroughly grease the cookie press with cooking spray or butter before using. Also, make sure the dough is at the right consistency - not too soft or too firm. If the dough is too soft, chill it for 30 minutes before using. If it's too firm, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before using.

5. How do I store my spritz cookies?

Spritz cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. They can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Make sure to let them cool completely before storing to prevent them from getting soggy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views
keynibear
  • its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefmary