• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Comical Show Panic: Too Many Guests at My Boyfriend's Mom's Show!

In summary, Dotty's boyfriend's mom is hosting a show and she is in a panic because she doesn't know where she will put everyone. Dotty is trying to help out and get more bookings.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I have to share something funny. I am nervous about my show tonight because it is my boyfriend's mom, and we have been together 11 months. I get along very well with them, however, they have not seen me in the capacity of being a PC Consultant.

That is just a bit of a background..but definately not the funny part.

My boyfriend's mom keeps calling me in a panic. She invited about 35 people to her show, and 20 people said that they are coming. She is in a panic because she does not know where she will put everyone. She has the room for them but not the seating..which is funny because my boyfriend offered her some folding chairs and she said no. Sounds to me like she wants to be in a panic..LOL.

Anyway..I just laugh everytime I hang up the phone with he and she goes on about this..because as the consultant..I am thinking..AND THE PROBLEM IS WHAT?!?!?

There are a lot of people that I don't know that will be there..so that is good..I am hoping for some bookings. I really am trying to pick up my business..I am not good at talking at my shows..but I am trying to get better..does anyone have any suggestions for that..I get too focused at making the stuff..and forget to talk..I know..sounds stupid..and you would think that after 6 years I would have it figured out..but I don't do all that many shows..but I am trying to really pick up my business.

So I had to share the funny part..but also need some assistance with my show.

Thank you in advance

Firstly, how fabulous for you, I hope everyone who said they're coming will be there!

Very firstly, I'd say go in with the expectation that not everyone will pay attention, and that's fine. If they do, great! I'd make the demo as short as possible, maybe even prep most of it before hand. That way, since you will probably have lots of people standing, they won't get too tired by the time you're done.

An interactive show helps you move your focus from cooking to what you want to talk about. I don't know how easy it will be with that many people, but at least you'll have tons of helpers :)

Maybe that is what i will do..some type of interactive..you are correct it will be hard with that many people..BUT..I can get some volunteers..and then it helps them get their hands on the great products.

At one of my first PC parties as a guest, the consultant set up several stations around the house and split us up into groups, one per station. Each station had a different recipe to prepare and all the tools and ingredients to do it. The consultant went from station to station and gave product tips. It was a ton of fun.

Dotty... I really like the idea of stations with two different recipes. I have never been to a show that the consultant actually cooks besides the chicken. No one in my upline cooks at their shows... they all do catalog walk throughs and bring the recipe. I would love to try it where I get the products in the guests hands. Any tips on this?

Heidi... I am so exited for you and hope you have a successful show with high sales and lots of bookings... I can't believe that it's been 11 months and she is just now hosting a show. LOL. Must be getting serious :) You have to let us know how it goes! Good luck!

I'd suggest a Trifle and a DCB recipe.. Make it a challenge between the two groups. Split the group in half, then assign 2 recipe managers (one for each team). Explain each key product and then tell each group they have 30 minutes to complete their recipe, the winning group members each get a free SB or something.

One of my shows last week was crazy & fun!! I just asked for helpers & had two recipies going at one time. I just kept going back and forth checking on them & answering questions. My customers were almost selling the products to each other. The show was a hit...over $800 in commisionable sales and 3 bookings!!! I am learning to just relax and go with the room. Fun times adds to more bookings...and possible recruits...just relax and enjoy your party.

The show went GREAT!! I was very happy with it..there were about 20 people there..the only thing that drove me nuts..is that everytime someone else would show up..the host would stop my show to do intros..luckily..she just said who the new person was..not telling the new person who everyone else was..I figured that if they wanted the intro..they should have been there on time..LOL.

I don't know why I can't get bookings though..I ask..and everyone says no..Sales are at $850..and she has 1 more order to get..it is funny though..my goal was $500..which it is for all of my shows..so I was very happy with the sales..she however was not..she was hoping that it would be $1000..she said that if her one more order orders $50..she might order $100..just to get it to $100..I just laugh..but I will not complain..LOL.

I felt that I did very well though with my talking. I didn't have as many quiet spots..and when I did..I just had people talk about what their favorite products were..I did a lot of prep ahead of time..so that I wasn't doing the SAME task for a while..especially the small ones..like slicing strawberries with the Egg Slicer

I did have this lady in the front row..that saw my citrus press..and she said I LOVE the Citrus Press..then she turned around and said Lucy, You NEED one of those citrus presses..and it worked..because she ordered one..LOL.

WooHoo! Glad that it went good for you!!!

Dotty said:
At one of my first PC parties as a guest, the consultant set up several stations around the house and split us up into groups, one per station. Each station had a different recipe to prepare and all the tools and ingredients to do it. The consultant went from station to station and gave product tips. It was a ton of fun.

This is how I do all of my shows. The ones who have been to the "sit down & watch me do it" shows say that they LOVE the interactive shows and request them when they book so that their friends can have as much fun as they did at the current host's show. :D I've done 14 shows so far in 2010, 7 of them have been over $1,000. It works VERY well for me.

Time to raise your goal per show. A top seller now elsewhere used to circle $1000 on the show planner and write next to it, "our goal". Congrats on your first awesome show!

To get more bookings, a couple ideas. (1) weave "bookings" comments throughout your show. (2) make it fun / tell some jokes -- if people have a good time, they'll want to have you to THEIR place to have a good time with their friends/family/etc.

Ask everyone-- do the full service checkout. Begin with the expectation that everyone wants to book, so don't ask "do you want to book a show" (and certainly don't ask with desparation "will you have a show with me??") but ask "when did you want to book your show so we can get you some fabulous items for free and half price?"

Final two thoughts - offer theme shows. This should stir up some bookings. Finally, go observe other consultants do shows and how they get bookings.

Attachments

• BOOKINGideas.doc
    22 KB · Views: 593
  • booking lines halfsheet.doc
    31 KB · Views: 454
  • Bookings-3waystoaskatashow[2].doc
    29.5 KB · Views: 633
  • Theme Show Strategy Worksheet.doc
    25 KB · Views: 576
  • AddingHumorToYourShow.doc
    62 KB · Views: 420
Scott - you always have amazing advice... why can't I be in your cluster? LOL. Thanks for posting those files. I have downloaded them and am going to settle in with a cup of coffee (topped sweet caramel sprinkle and whipped cream) and get to reading while nap time is in full swing!

Great job Heidi!

Sheila said:
WooHoo! Glad that it went good for you!!!

This is how I do all of my shows. The ones who have been to the "sit down & watch me do it" shows say that they LOVE the interactive shows and request them when they book so that their friends can have as much fun as they did at the current host's show. :D I've done 14 shows so far in 2010, 7 of them have been over $1,000. It works VERY well for me.

My hosts never want the interactive shows. They want the "sit down & watch me do it".

Well..we might hit her goal..she got another order today..and I got a call from someone who was there last night..but didn't place an order..her husband told her to order some knives..and she didn't say which line..BUT..her message said

A Large Knife
A Bread Knife
and Steak Knives.

I like that sounds of that. She was leaving town and won't be back until Sunday evening..so I will call her then.

leftymac said:
My hosts never want the interactive shows. They want the "sit down & watch me do it".

Umm, yeah, Keith, if I had a choice I'd rather sit and watch you, too!!;):love:

pampchefsarah said:
Umm, yeah, Keith, if I had a choice I'd rather sit and watch you, too!!;):love:

Ditto!:blushing:

Aw shucks, ladies!

we closed this show last night..at $1,071.87..so I guess it was worth her driving me nuts..LOL.

But when we were closing it over the phone she was telling me what she wanted and at the end I said..ok..your total is $160.96..she said..in a bit of a snippy voice..that is NOT what I got..i got $151.85..so we went over everything one by one..then I finally realized what she was missing..I said..You get free shipping..BUT..you still have to pay tax..lol

1. How can I make sure I have enough food for all of my guests?

One option is to plan for a buffet-style meal, where guests can serve themselves and you can have a variety of dishes to choose from. Another option is to ask guests to bring a dish to contribute to the meal. You can also consider making larger quantities of your main dishes and sides to ensure there is enough for everyone.

2. What are some easy and quick recipes that can feed a large group?

Some easy and quick recipes that can feed a large group include sheet pan meals, make-ahead casseroles, and slow cooker dishes. These options allow you to prepare the meal in advance and easily serve a large number of people.

3. How can I accommodate different dietary restrictions for my guests?

One option is to have a variety of dishes that cater to different dietary restrictions, such as vegetarian, gluten-free, or dairy-free options. You can also ask your guests beforehand about their dietary needs and plan accordingly. Another option is to have a self-serve station with toppings or sauces that can be added to accommodate different diets.

4. How do I keep food warm when serving a large group?

Investing in chafing dishes or slow cookers can help keep food warm while serving a large group. You can also use insulated serving dishes or place dishes in the oven at a low temperature to keep them warm before serving.

5. How can I make the meal prep easier when hosting a large group?

Meal prepping in advance can make hosting a large group much easier. This can include preparing some dishes the day before and reheating them, or doing as much prep work as possible before the guests arrive. You can also ask for help from friends or family in preparing dishes or setting up for the meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisasfuncooking
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • MaryannNic