• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tomato Basil Squares or Something Like That?

(10 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust2 garlic cloves, pressed2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided2 oz. Romano cheese grated, divided2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, divided2 firm plum tomatoes, slicedPreheat oven to 375*F. Roll pizza crust into a 12-inch circle on 13-inch Baking Stone using lightly floured Dough and Pizza Roller. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork before adding toppings. Press garlic using Garlic Press; spread evenly over crust. Grate half of Romano cheese (1/3 cup) over crust using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Sprinkle with 1-cup mozzarella cheese and 1 teaspoon ore
KellyRedHead
I have a hostess that booked off from her sister-in-law.

We made Tomato Basil Squares and they were great!

She would maybe like them, but wants something with a little less mayo.
Is there a similar type recipe out there?

Any suggestions?

Thanks-:)
Kelly

maybe you could try it with a little less mayo? I am sure it would still be good

Jennie4PC said:
maybe you could try it with a little less mayo? I am sure it would still be good
Does she really notice the mayo? It is the glue that makes the recipe yummy and I HATE mayo. This is such a popular recipe for me. I have this requested ALL the TIME:)

I really like the this recipe also my DH asks why I dont make it for him

I have never had the Tomato Basil Squares, but they kind of sound like the Rustic Foccacia, which you can pretty much add or subtract ingredients that you want (I pass on olives, but have added pepporoni (sp?) before).

The Pampered Chef ®
Rustic Focaccia
Recipe

1 package (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 can (3.25 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
Additional Italian Seasoning Mix

Preheat oven to 400°F. Unroll pizza dough onto Large Round Stone, shaping into a circle. Using lightly floured Baker's Roller®, roll dough to edge of baking stone.

In Classic Batter Bowl, combine oil, seasoning mix and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well using Small Mix 'N Scraper®. Spread oil mixture evenly over crust using scraper; top with 3/4 cup of the mozzarella cheese.

Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus®. Chop onion using Food Chopper. Thinly slice tomatoes using Utility Knife. Sprinkle olives and onion over dough; top with tomatoes and remaining mozzarella cheese. Grate Parmesan cheese over dough using Deluxe Cheese Grater; sprinkle with additional seasoning mix.

Bake 23-26 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes. Cut into squares using Pizza Cutter; serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 120, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 290 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook's Tip: Italian seasoning can be substituted for the Italian Seasoning Mix, if desired.

© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Jennie4PC said:
I really like the this recipe also my DH asks why I dont make it for him
I have two kids that HATE mayo + me and the other two hate tomatoes BUT they Love this:confused: OOPS ME TOO:)

Stoneware InsiprationsHas a recipe almost just like the Basil Squares except with no mayo and uses oregano. I do not remember the name of it but the pictrure even looks just like the basil squares.

I will look it up and post the recipe.

Fantastic Focaccia BreadHere is is......

Fantastic Focaccia Bread
Source: Season's Best 1998-1999 - Pampered Chef

1 pkg. (10 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 oz. Romano cheese grated, divided
2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, divided
2 firm plum tomatoes, sliced
Preheat oven to 375*F.
Roll pizza crust into a 12-inch circle on 13-inch Baking Stone using lightly floured Dough and Pizza Roller. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork before adding toppings. Press garlic using Garlic Press; spread evenly over crust. Grate half of Romano cheese (1/3 cup) over crust using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Sprinkle with 1-cup mozzarella cheese and 1 teaspoon oregano. Thinly slice tomatoes using Grater-Slicer; arrange in single layer over cheese.
Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and oregano. Grate remaining Romano cheese over top. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cut into squares; serve hot with Miniature-Serving Spatula.
Tip: add onions, peppers and olives

Thanks for the great recipes!
:D
I am going to pass these on to her tonight and see what she says.

I love the tomato basil squares, but do them as "puffs", which makes them much yummier and less gooey- Instead of putting it over the pizza crust or whatever, I use crescent rolls. I cut them into little squares, then push them into the mini muffin pan. Then I top them with the topping (I obviously cut the tomato into little chunks, not slices) and bake- (Like the puffs in the recipe book with the tomato basil squares)

The first time I made this I didn't have mayo so I used Miracle Whip...big mistake! :)

jrstephens said:
Here is is......

Fantastic Focaccia Bread
Source: Season's Best 1998-1999 - Pampered Chef

1 pkg. (10 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust
2 garlic cloves, pressed
2 C. shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
2 oz. Romano cheese grated, divided
2 tsp. dried oregano leaves, divided
2 firm plum tomatoes, sliced
Preheat oven to 375*F.
Roll pizza crust into a 12-inch circle on 13-inch Baking Stone using lightly floured Dough and Pizza Roller. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork before adding toppings. Press garlic using Garlic Press; spread evenly over crust. Grate half of Romano cheese (1/3 cup) over crust using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Sprinkle with 1-cup mozzarella cheese and 1 teaspoon oregano. Thinly slice tomatoes using Grater-Slicer; arrange in single layer over cheese.
Top with remaining mozzarella cheese and oregano. Grate remaining Romano cheese over top. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Cut into squares; serve hot with Miniature-Serving Spatula.
Tip: add onions, peppers and olives

I have made this at most of my shows...I add chopped broccoli (in food chopper) and use the Italian seasoning mix instead of oregano...Very tasty!!!

Related to Tomato Basil Squares or Something Like That?

1. What ingredients do I need to make Tomato Basil Squares?

To make Tomato Basil Squares, you will need:

• 1 sheet of puff pastry
  • 2-3 large ripe tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Olive oil for brushing

2. Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses with your preferred cheese. Some popular options include feta, goat, or cheddar cheese. Just make sure to adjust the amount of cheese according to your taste.

3. How do I prevent the puff pastry from getting soggy?

To prevent the puff pastry from getting soggy, make sure to poke holes in the pastry with a fork before baking. This will allow steam to escape and keep the pastry crisp. You can also sprinkle a thin layer of breadcrumbs or grated parmesan cheese on the bottom of the puff pastry before adding the toppings.

4. Can I make Tomato Basil Squares ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Tomato Basil Squares ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator before baking. Just make sure to cover them with plastic wrap to prevent the puff pastry from drying out. When ready to bake, let them sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before placing them in the oven.

5. Can I freeze leftover Tomato Basil Squares?

Yes, you can freeze leftover Tomato Basil Squares for up to 3 months. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing them in the freezer. When ready to eat, let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • leftymac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • meganmcg
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies