• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tomato Basil Squares, but in a Tartlet

In summary, to make Tomato Basil Squares in a Tartlet, you will need puff pastry, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. You can use any type of cheese that melts well as a substitute for mozzarella. To prevent the puff pastry from getting soggy, pre-bake it or sprinkle a thin layer of breadcrumbs or grated Parmesan cheese on the bottom. The tartlets can be assembled ahead of time and stored in the fridge, just make sure to bring them to room temperature before baking. The baked tartlets can also be frozen for up to 3 months and reheated in the oven after thawing.
leftymac
At one of my cluster meetings, we made what I think was some version of the tomato basil squares, but in tartlet form with the mini-muffin pan. I know it used Flaky Layer biscuits as the crust. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Is this a real recipe or something that they just did?

I emailed my director but have gotten no response, and I want to make them for a party.

I can't help you with the recipe but we love the tomato basil squares in our house!!

Hi there! Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. I've made those tomato basil tartlets before and they are delicious! Here's the recipe that I use:Ingredients:
- 1 can of Flaky Layer biscuits
- 1 cup of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to tasteInstructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Roll out each biscuit and press them into each cup of a mini-muffin pan.
3. In a bowl, mix together the diced tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella cheese.
4. Spoon the mixture into each biscuit cup.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is heated through.
6. Let them cool for a few minutes before removing them from the pan.
7. Serve and enjoy!Hope this helps and that your party guests love them as much as I do! Let me know how they turn out.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Tomato Basil Squares in a Tartlet?

To make Tomato Basil Squares in a Tartlet, you will need puff pastry, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese instead of mozzarella?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese that melts well, such as cheddar or provolone, as a substitute for mozzarella in this recipe.

3. How do I prevent the puff pastry from getting soggy?

To prevent the puff pastry from getting soggy, pre-bake it for a few minutes before adding the toppings. You can also sprinkle a thin layer of breadcrumbs or grated Parmesan cheese on the bottom of the pastry before adding the filling.

4. Can I make these tartlets ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble the tartlets ahead of time and store them in the fridge until ready to bake. Just make sure to bring them to room temperature before baking to ensure even cooking.

5. Can I freeze the baked tartlets?

Yes, you can freeze the baked tartlets for up to 3 months. Just place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and thaw in the fridge before reheating in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rajenkiPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • natural
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
natural
  • SusanBP0129