• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Today, Gather Recipes for Covered Baker

In summary, Carol is working to compile all the recipes for the deep covered baker into a single booklet. She has most of the recipes from the files as well as posts from different people. She currently has 85 different recipes plus variations, and is still searching for more. She is also creating a document with just the names of the recipes. She has received ideas for adding a Meatball Hoagie and a breakfast casserole. Her plan is to offer the booklet for free with the purchase of a DCB.
cwinter474
Gold Member
Today, I am going to work diligently at gathering all the recipes for the deep covered baker that I can find and make a booklet. I have so many people that are constantly asking for one that I am going to make my own. I will post it here when I get it complete.

I have most of the ones from the files here. And am going to start searching the posts. Do you have any that you would like me to add? Has anyone already done this and I'm not finding it?

Will check back to this post for recipes.

Wish me luck

Carol

Well, there's a couple different booklets in the files. But then you have the additional ideas people have shared here in posts. Plus, you have the microwave recipes people have here, plus on CC. So I think it's great that you're compiling them all together into one document. That's something I keep meaning to do, because right now I send people multiple files, and it would be nice to just have it in one.Good luck and thanks in advance! :D

What am I crazy?

I had no idea there were so many recipes posted! Awesome!!! this will HUGE gathering.

Carol

Yay! That will be awesome to give to people when they purchase a DCB and entice those at shows to purchase. Thank you so much!

Carol,
I too have been searching, but just for the dump cake with the pie filling. There are several variations of just that one recipe, lid off or on, 1 or 2 cans of filling, butter melted or pats on top, completely stirred or lightly stirred, baked or microwaved, variations and fruit and cake mix, and variations of how it is layered. I am making it today for the second time. I will melt the butter this time and stir it gently, not completely like last time, yuck. Have fun with compiling all of the recipes.
We can't wait until you're done.
Deb

Last edited:
For the Dump Cake, I just put the dry yellow cake mix in the DCB, top with 1 can Pie filling and crumble 1 and 1/2 stick of butter on top.

Microwave, lid on, for 8 minutes, stir and put lid back on, microwave another 3 minutes.

My recipe print outs are attached.

Attachments

• Microwave DCB Recipes.doc
    72 KB · Views: 1,093
  • Cranberry_Deep_Covered_Baker_Recipes_Generic.doc
    57 KB · Views: 530
So far I have 85 differant recipes, not counting all differant variarations. Still hunting....

Here is a list with just the names of the recipes on it. Hope you can enlarge it to read.

Do you have any others?

Attachments

• DCB Recipes.jpg
    DCB Recipes.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 474
Last edited:
I've got a new scanner and I'm having trouble enlarging and posting. Will get it fixed ASAP.

Sorry

What a great idea, thanks so much! I can't wait to see the finished product.

This isn't really a recipe, too easy to count as a recipe, but it was really good. I had some leftover frozen meatballs, so I threw those in the DCB and then covered with spaghetti sauce and put in the micro for about 10-15 minutes and then put them on hoagie buns with a little mozzerella cheese and had meatball subs for dinner! They were really good and easy and can be made with stuff that I had on hand. DH loved them!

ChefPaulaB said:
This isn't really a recipe, too easy to count as a recipe, but it was really good. I had some leftover frozen meatballs, so I threw those in the DCB and then covered with spaghetti sauce and put in the micro for about 10-15 minutes and then put them on hoagie buns with a little mozzerella cheese and had meatball subs for dinner! They were really good and easy and can be made with stuff that I had on hand. DH loved them!

May not be a recipe - but it's the kind of idea that our customers love to hear!
I buy the Jenni-o turkey meatballs all the time, and hadn't thought of this!

This would be another meal in less than 15 minutes! Serve it with a salad or some fruit (which could easily be thrown together while the meatballs are in the micro!), and you have a healthy meal!

I'm going to add this to the list of easy meals that I share with my customers - thanks for the great idea, Paula!

As we were eating them with our french fries, I was thinking that I should try it with turkey meatballs and try to make it a little healthier and skipping the french fries (which really weren't that good) and adding a salad would've been perfect! Now if we could just find a good fat free hoagie, we'd be all set! We could probably at least find a wheat one.

Meatball Hoagies are added on, that one my hubby would love.

Can anyone read the list I posted? I never could get it to post larger

ChefPaulaB said:

What an awesome idea instead of throwing them in the crockpot! Great for fast/impromptu meal/appetizer!

Good luck Carol on the booklet. Can't wait to see it!

cwinter474 said:
Meatball Hoagies are added on, that one my hubby would love.

Can anyone read the list I posted? I never could get it to post larger

I couldn't read it, it was a little too fuzzy on my computer screen...

My director told me about corn on the cob. I think she fit 10 ears of corn with 1/4 cup of water. I think she said 10-15 minutes.

I have two tri-fold documents that were passed down to me, I'll email them to you when I get home.

ChefPaulaB said:
I couldn't read it, it was a little too fuzzy on my computer screen...

That's what I thought. I will certainly get the bugs out before I get it posted.

I think that I'd like to try a breakfast casserole in the DCB... I made one in a crockpot over night while camping and it was okay, needed some tweaking, but remembering to throw it all together after sitting around the campfire drinking adult beverages was a little much and the smell in the morning in a motor home was a little overwhelming and it cooked a little too long I think, but I think if I did the same thing in the DCB in the microwave it would be about perfect... I just layered thawed frozen hash browns, then I think meat (I used ham, could've used a little more grease for moisture so I think next time I would use sausage or bacon), then cheese and then eggs and then cook... So, I'm thinking in the DCB micro maybe 20 minutes, I'm not sure, would have to experiment... I'll let you know when I do it how it turns out...

Just an update, should have this posted by weeks end.

Also want to thank EVERYONE who has posted recipes that they have used on this site. I pulled ALL the recipes from here and peoples personal websites. My plan is to have these printed and I'm going to put them into a folder, like is one sale everywhere in the back to school areas. And offer them FREE with purchase of DCB

Thanks Again

Carol

Thank you so much Carol. I offer this currently to my customers who buy the DCB but I only have one set of documents. I am sure yours will be more complete! Thanks for sharing the products of your hard work!

diradt said:
Thank you so much Carol. I offer this currently to my customers who buy the DCB but I only have one set of documents. I am sure yours will be more complete! Thanks for sharing the products of your hard work!

Awe, your so nice. It's really no big deal. I love to share and really it's just a gathering of items already posted. But thanks anyways.

Now if I could just get my stupid computer to be nice and do what I want it to do. It doesn't like to play nice or share information. This would be all over, I have about 1/2 of it done.

Carol

I'm bumping this thread.

Carol, have you had any luck with this compilation? Just wondering cause I would love to have this as a complete file to give out and have handy to reference.

Can you post it if you have it? Pretty, pretty please? :D

I will keep looking back here for your finished project. Especially, with the Sept. Stoneware specials coming up. Thanks in advance for your efforts.

My favorites to include that are PC recipes would include: Mexican Lasagna, Bread Pudding from the Fall 2006 SB, I think; 30 Minute Chicken; Jamacian Pork Tenderloin; and a Chicken fillet and Wild Rice combination with a can of Cream of Chicken or Mushroon soup.

I made a pineapple upside down cake in the DCB last night. I put pats of butter and 1/2 c. brown sugar on bottom, then pineapple rings with cherries in the holes. Then I took a pineapple supreme cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple and mixed well. Poured that over the pineapple rings and covered. Cooked for 15 minutes in microwave. It was really good. Once it was very cool I used a spatula and took pieces out. When inverted it looked like real pineapple upside down cake.

Don't give up on me! This will be posted in time for September! I'm not nearly as talented with MS Word as I thought I was and it is kicking my butt. I am enlisting the help of a fellow consultant and I am going to "Get 'er Done"

ok here it is,

I have not yet got a title page. And I choose not to number the pages or recipes so that we could add to them as new ones come out. They are in ABC order.

Please be kind, I worked really hard on this.

34 pages with at least 80+ recipes

File now includes, meatball hogies, salmon and pineapple upside done

"""File is corrected, spell checked, and grammer corrected"""""
As of August 14th, 10:30pm central time

SEE POSTING #98 ON PAGE 5, FOR MOST CURRENT FILE

Last edited:
If you find others, let me know so I can add them on.....please

Wow, thank you so much! I'll look at what I have and see if there is anything I have you don't have. Thanks again!!!

Here's one for salmon I did the other day. I started w/ a recipe I found online and modified it to be my own. Unfortunately I was out of PC dill when I did this so I used regular dill. May need to adjust spices w/ PC dill.1.5 lb salmon filet cut into 4 pieces
arrange in DCB
microwave at 50% power for 5 min (no lid)
brush the sauce on w/ PC silicone brush
microwave at 50% for another 5 min.I used this for the sauce:
1/2 c mayo
1 tsp dill
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt

What a fantastic job - thank you so much!!
I have a couple of questions - some of the recipes call for the Deep Dish Baker. Can the Deep Covered Baker be used instead, and have you tried the microwave for the ones that say to use the oven? Just wondering if they turn out better in the oven.

krley said:
Here's one for salmon I did the other day. I started w/ a recipe I found online and modified it to be my own. Unfortunately I was out of PC dill when I did this so I used regular dill. May need to adjust spices w/ PC dill.

1.5 lb salmon filet cut into 4 pieces
arrange in DCB
microwave at 50% power for 5 min (no lid)
brush the sauce on w/ PC silicone brush
microwave at 50% for another 5 min.

I used this for the sauce:
1/2 c mayo
1 tsp dill
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt

Will add this on, thanks!

cochef said:
What a fantastic job - thank you so much!!
I have a couple of questions - some of the recipes call for the Deep Dish Baker. Can the Deep Covered Baker be used instead, and have you tried the microwave for the ones that say to use the oven? Just wondering if they turn out better in the oven.

I substitute the Deep Covered Baker all the time.

I have not personally tried all the recipes yet, I would think you could use the microwave instead, you would just have to watch your time.

by the way,

Your Welcome!

regina_graham said:
I made a pineapple upside down cake in the DCB last night. I put pats of butter and 1/2 c. brown sugar on bottom, then pineapple rings with cherries in the holes. Then I took a pineapple supreme cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple and mixed well. Poured that over the pineapple rings and covered. Cooked for 15 minutes in microwave. It was really good. Once it was very cool I used a spatula and took pieces out. When inverted it looked like real pineapple upside down cake.

I will add this one on in the morning! yumm

ChefPaulaB said:

forgot to add this one. will do tomorrow.....sorry

Great Job! Looks really good!

Thank you Thank you THANK YOU!

Thank you!

Thank you so much for this, I was going to start doing this on my own and you have already done it:)

This will make my customers happy.

I've updated the file twice now, so if you have downloaded it already. It is differant now. Contains like 5 more recipes.

You're so awesome to have done this! Thanks! :)

AWESOME!!!!
This is fabulous!!!! Thank you for your hard work!

P.S ~ I really hope that PC is working on an "official" DCB cookbook!

Your welcome, I'm with you we need an "official" book

AMAZING!!! Thank you so much!

Thanks so much!!!!

Thanks so much!!!!!! I can't wait to look at it after I save it etc!

Wow...this is amazing!! :love: Thank you sooo much for doing this! I love it - and so will my customers! :D

may I copy these recipes??? If so, where is the link?
Thanks

AWESOME :) thank you!!!

chefkarri said:
may I copy these recipes??? If so, where is the link?
Thanks

Page 2 of this thread.

Thanks guys! The recipes are ones that many of YOU had posted on lots of differant posts and a few website and from a few of our PC books.

So thanks right back at ya, if you all hadn't of posted them I wouldn't have been able to gather them up.

Anyone want to make a cover sheet? I'm working on a recipe list, I have my grandson this weekend so I won't get it posted till Monday.

Enjoy!

chefkarri said:
may i copy these recipes??? If so, where is the link?
Thanks

see posting #98 on page 5, for most current file

Last edited:
I was going to do a cover sheet when I got done proofing the recipes and doing some formatting but if anyone else has the time or better graphics ability, I'd be grateful!

Melissa78 said:
I was going to do a cover sheet when I got done proofing the recipes and doing some formatting but if anyone else has the time or better graphics ability, I'd be grateful!

Glad someone if "proofing" for me, I think spell check caught most. Post or email me a clean version and I will re-post here.

[email protected]

thanks

Carol

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • 3girls
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies