• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Today, Gather Recipes for Covered Baker

In summary, Carol is working to compile all the recipes for the deep covered baker into a single booklet. She has most of the recipes from the files as well as posts from different people. She currently has 85 different recipes plus variations, and is still searching for more. She is also creating a document with just the names of the recipes. She has received ideas for adding a Meatball Hoagie and a breakfast casserole. Her plan is to offer the booklet for free with the purchase of a DCB.
Will do. Since I don't yet know how to post an attachment, I'll send it to you (unless I figure out the attachment process).

I sent you a private message. Get back to me, and I will forward the proofed copy to you. It's your baby, and I believe the cover page should give you credit for being the Editor.

I sent this to a couple customers who recently bought the DCB and the responses are awesome. One girl already got it out and made a recipe THANKS TO YOU!!

You're the bomb!

cwinter474 said:
ok here it is,

I have not yet got a title page. And I choose not to number the pages or recipes so that we could add to them as new ones come out. They are in ABC order.

Please be kind, I worked really hard on this.

34 pages with at least 80+ recipes

File now includes, meatball hogies, salmon and pineapple upside done

:sing:Have I told you lately that I love you?????:love: LOL, this is so awesome. Thank you so much for the hard work you put into it and especially for sharing it. You ROCK!:thumbup:

Last edited:
Carol,
Just wanted to let you know that I made the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake in the DCB and it was fabulous. I made it the same way as the Skillet recipe and I microwaved it for 10-12 minutes.

I have a friend who is absolutely loving the DCB. She keeps calling me and telling me about new recipes she's doing. I asked her to write them down and e-mail them to me so I can post them here. Her whole family is so happy they have the DCB, cause they are enjoying all the dinners and desserts she's been making. :)

caroladams said:
Carol,
Just wanted to let you know that I made the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake in the DCB and it was fabulous. I made it the same way as the Skillet recipe and I microwaved it for 10-12 minutes.

Great, I knew there was one I forgot to add...

thanks

Saturday Gourmet said:
:sing:Have I told you lately that I love you?????:love: LOL, this is so awesome. Thank you so much for the hard work you put into it and especially for sharing it. You ROCK!:thumbup:

Thanks Kelly, I love you too:love:

babywings76 said:
I have a friend who is absolutely loving the DCB. She keeps calling me and telling me about new recipes she's doing. I asked her to write them down and e-mail them to me so I can post them here.

Her whole family is so happy they have the DCB, cause they are enjoying all the dinners and desserts she's been making. :)

That would be great!!! I wold love to keep adding on and on,,

Carol

I'm new here, but a slap is a slap. Carol worked long and hard on this compilation for us to use free of any charges. If you don't like how she typed it, then print it off for yourself and redo it. No need to hurt her feelings about grammer, sentence structure and such.
It's come to my attention that people have been rudely pm'ing her. How dare you? Was she paid? NO, is she seeking money? NO. So quit it. Use the golden rule, if you can't say something nice, THEN SHUT YOUR MOUTH!If you don't like her version, than as she suggested and pointed out - copy it off for yourself and do it your own way. 99.9% of those of us here appreciate whole heartedly her efforts, but that damned .01 has got my blood boiling. Shame on you!Pm me if you dare you .01 ! Meijan thoran fijit kin!!I do have a recipe that I made up two days ago that met with positive feedback from my family that I'd like to share and Carol may add it to her listing if she'd like.

carol, you may add this to your listing if you'd like,4 cups Quinoa cooked
2 bags of frozen corn
3 eggs
1 bag of shredded cheddar or cheddar blended cheese
1 green pepper diced (optional) I've made it without.Mix all up in a bowl and dump into the DCB. Microwave for 5 minutes, stir, then Microwave for 10 minutes.Another version is to add diced or shredded chicken to the mix. makes a wonderful casserole that is extremely healthy with high protein. even my nieces and nephews love it. (my daughter eats anything!)Moran Thang! Carol

Judybabe said:
carol, you may add this to your listing if you'd like,

4 cups Quinoa cooked
2 bags of frozen corn
3 eggs
1 green pepper diced (optional) I've made it without.

Mix all up in a bowl and dump into the DCB. Microwave for 5 minutes, stir, then Microwave for 10 minutes.

Another version is to add diced or shredded chicken to the mix. makes a wonderful casserole that is extremely healthy with high protein. even my nieces and nephews love it. (my daughter eats anything!)

Moran Thang! Carol

Judy, do you have a name for this one?

Thanks

I have posted a cleaned up, spell checked, grammer corrected file on page two - post 26

Thanks guys

Enjoy it!

Judybabe said:
I'm new here, but a slap is a slap. Carol worked long and hard on this compilation for us to use free of any charges. If you don't like how she typed it, then print it off for yourself and redo it. No need to hurt her feelings about grammer, sentence structure and such.
It's come to my attention that people have been rudely pm'ing her. How dare you? Was she paid? NO, is she seeking money? NO. So quit it. Use the golden rule, if you can't say something nice, THEN SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

If you don't like her version, than as she suggested and pointed out - copy it off for yourself and do it your own way. 99.9% of those of us here appreciate whole heartedly her efforts, but that damned .01 has got my blood boiling. Shame on you!

Pm me if you dare you .01 ! Meijan thoran fijit kin!!

I do have a recipe that I made up two days ago that met with positive feedback from my family that I'd like to share and Carol may add it to her listing if she'd like.

Thanks Judy, I did receive several pm's stating there were several errors and even several differant copies of the file fixed and corrected, thanks to those of you who took the time to do so. I tried but obviously I missed several. I'm just a country girl and a high school graduate, I did my best.

Anyways, Hope everyone will enjoy the file. I know my customers will. Now If someone would like to come up with a cover page? I can't figure out how to add pictures to a MS Word file.

I'm working on a list of of the recipes, but my grandson would rather I play dinosaurs, so maybe tomorrow I will get that posted.

Carol

hmm Carol, a name... how about Quinoa Corn Casserole?

This may sound stupid but what is quinoa?

Judybabe said:
It's come to my attention that people have been rudely pm'ing her. How dare you? Was she paid? NO, is she seeking money? NO. So quit it. Use the golden rule, if you can't say something nice, THEN SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

If you don't like her version, than as she suggested and pointed out - copy it off for yourself and do it your own way. 99.9% of those of us here appreciate whole heartedly her efforts, but that damned .01 has got my blood boiling. Shame on you!

Pm me if you dare you .01 ! Meijan thoran fijit kin!!

I do have a recipe that I made up two days ago that met with positive feedback from my family that I'd like to share and Carol may add it to her listing if she'd like.

Good for you! Just wondering, what language is that? ;) and what does it mean??

ChefPaulaB said:
Good for you! Just wondering, what language is that? ;) and what does it mean??

I was wondering that, but then again, I'm not to sure I want to know what it means

ha ha

Judybabe said:
hmm Carol, a name... how about Quinoa Corn Casserole?

You got it!

Now I just have to double spell check it............ just kidding

Quinoa is a grain. it looks just abit smaller than couscous. It's very easy to fix, is a complete protein and tastes great with a variety of foods. I discovered it a couple of years ago and now my whole family and several friends are hooked. we've made several recipes together.
You have to cook it before adding to another recipe. 1 cup Quinoa to 2 cups water. boil. it takes about 30 minutes. There's a fine ring around the grain that comes off, don't worry about it.Try this:3 cups Quinoa cooked
1 cucumber diced
1 tomato diced
1/2 onion diced
1 can black beans drained
dump all together.
then 3 tbls olive oil, 1 tbls sugar, the zest and juice of a lime
mix that together then mix into the salad.I take this all the time to potlucks, and family gatherings. very good and so easy!I also add Quinoa to meatloaf, quick breads and cakes. it's moist and high in protein.

google it. Quinoa or Quinua. it's got a pretty interesting history.

sorry, it's gaelic. roughly translated: too many tongues means too many fists. it's said to remind someone to speak kindly.Moran Thang!Many thanks!

Judybabe said:
Quinoa is a grain. it looks just abit smaller than couscous. It's very easy to fix, is a complete protein and tastes great with a variety of foods. I discovered it a couple of years ago and now my whole family and several friends are hooked. we've made several recipes together.
You have to cook it before adding to another recipe. 1 cup Quinoa to 2 cups water. boil. it takes about 30 minutes. There's a fine ring around the grain that comes off, don't worry about it.

Try this:

3 cups Quinoa cooked
1 cucumber diced
1 tomato diced
1/2 onion diced
1 can black beans drained
dump all together.
then 3 tbls olive oil, 1 tbls sugar, the zest and juice of a lime
mix that together then mix into the salad.

I take this all the time to potlucks, and family gatherings. very good and so easy!

I also add Quinoa to meatloaf, quick breads and cakes. it's moist and high in protein.

google it. Quinoa or Quinua. it's got a pretty interesting history.

This sound really good! Hope I can find Quinoa around here, I'm sure going to try

now, since I live at the end of the earth...LOL I buy it online.

Judybabe said:
now, since I live at the end of the earth...LOL I buy it online.

very funny, now can you tell us where? what website?

Quinoa Corn Casserole

4 cups Quinoa cooked
2 bags of frozen corn
3 eggs
1 green pepper diced (optional) I've made it without.

Mix all up in a bowl and dump into the DCB. Microwave for 5 minutes, stir, then Microwave for 10 minutes.

Another version is to add diced or shredded chicken to the mix. makes a wonderful casserole that is extremely healthy with high protein.

*Quinoa is a grain. it looks just abit smaller than couscous. It's very easy to fix, is a complete protein and tastes great with a variety of foods. You have to cook it before adding to another recipe. 1 cup Quinoa to 2 cups water. boil. it takes about 30 minutes. There's a fine ring around the grain that comes off, don't worry about it.

Does this look ok?

great Carol! As always! I thought you were gonna play with the grandson today! Or did you hide his dinosaurs!

As far as purchasing Quinoa, right now I buy it on Ebay. 4lb bag. otherwise check healthfood stores or ask your grocer about ordering it. My dh and I are both high blood pressure people, but both of us have gotten off High Cholestrol threats from our dr. since I started cooking more Quinoa. It's filling too. Maybe there is a 'national Quinoa spokesperson job' I can do using the DCB! LOL!

Judybabe said:
great Carol! As always! I thought you were gonna play with the grandson today! Or did you hide his dinosaurs!

Grandpa is filling in for awhile. I'm supposed to be making brownies, funny my laptop is in the kitchen, I popped on while the oven is warming up. 6yr old boys have incrediable imaginations.

Thanks for your hard work. I am now going to page 2 and download it. I have lots of customers who are always wanting recipes for the DCB.

Just for information here, There are 92 recipes in that file.

I gathered these for myself and my customers. I posted it here because I thought alot of you would like to have them for yourself and your customers. I never claimed the file was going to be error free. I never claimed that the grammar was going to be perfect. As a matter of fact, I copied and pasted most of them straight from the threads posted here. Yes, I could have gone over the file with a fine tooth comb and corrected everything, and in hind sight I wish that I would have. I did the best that I could, please stop picking it to death! Use the file, Don't use the file it is completely up to you. I have posted a "Corrected" version that was emailed to me. And have deleted my file.

Please feel free to STOP emailing me corrections. I feel stupid enough already.

Sorry, just needed to vent some. Most of you have been VERY nice and thankful. Believe me I really appreciate it. I hope you use the file and PLEASE post any and all additional recipes that you run across so that I can add on, I would love for this to be OUR work in progress, forever growing.

Enjoy

Carol

Last edited:
Carol,

I appreciate the hard work that you put into compiling all of these recipes. I am so excited to have them and I have many customers who are excited to be receiving them! I just wanted to let you know that I do appreciate your hard work. Thank you!

I appreciate it too and will do everything I can to help fix any corrections as soon as I can get thru it all, send back to you and repost for the critics who expect perfection (even though I am sure I will overlook things as well). Thank you again. *Pat on the back goes out to you.*

WOW!!! This is AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for your hard work and time to compile so many recipes.

Enjoy spending time playing with your grandson!!!

cwinter474 said:
Just for information here, There are 92 recipes in that file.

I gathered these for myself and my customers. I posted it here because I thought alot of you would like to have them for yourself and your customers. I never claimed the file was going to be error free. I never claimed that the grammar was going to be perfect. As a matter of fact, I copied and pasted most of them straight from the threads posted here. Yes, I could have gone over the file with a fine tooth comb and corrected everything, and in hind sight I wish that I would have. I did the best that I could, please stop picking it to death! Use the file, Don't use the file it is completely up to you. I have posted a "Corrected" version that was emailed to me. And have deleted my file.

Please feel free to STOP emailing me corrections. I feel stupid enough already.

Sorry, just needed to vent some. Most of you have been VERY nice and thankful. Believe me I really appreciate it. I hope you use the file and PLEASE post any and all additional recipes that you run across so that I can add on, I would love for this to be a work in progress, forever growing.

Enjoy

Carol

Carol,

You are an :angel: I'm elated that you have shared your hard work with us gathering all of these recipes for the DCB! I am very appreciative for all the time you have spent gathering the recipes. I can't wait to share them with my customers.

Thank you for your time.

Hugs to you,

Becky

Carol,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your life to gather all this information. I am very thankful that we have such wonderful consultants out there that are willing to give of themselves for the rest of us. Thanks again, I can't wait to use this as a marketing tool!!

Thanks guys! This is what I wanted to do was to share this file so that we all could use it maybe as a marketing tool for the sale next month. I will be posting a really cute cover page by Judy when I get home to my computer. Check back.

Carol,
You really are a saint. Thank you for the time and effort to pull all of these together. It was no simple feat with almost one hundred recipes. That's an incredible and selfless project.
THANK YOU!

OMG this is WONDERFUL! Thanks SO much. I had a show with my gf's in IL over the weekend. I haven't closed yet, but so far I've sold 7 DCBs! I did the pork tenderloin sandwiches and my pineapple upside down cake recipe, both in microwave. Everone was super amazed at how easy everything was! Thanks so much to all of you here for the great ideas!

Carol, what an amazing tool! Just reading this thread has made me reconsider my feelings on the DCB, and I may just have to give in a order one. For the longest time I was just borrowing one from an acquaintence. :)

I'm sorry that people got all uppity about spelling and grammar. When I use the resources posted here, I always go through and make any edits needed, but certainly do NOT hound the person that made the grammatical error in the first place. I don't have time, and who cares! :) I understand maybe doing it as a courtesy, but to pick on you for it is sad.

Love to you, thanks for your hard work, research and for sharing this with us!!!

THANK YOU! :) Your hard work is appreciated by all. I know my customers will be thrilled to get more recipe ideas. Now no one has any excuse not to sell (or buy) a DCB!

Thanks guys!!! I really apperiate all the kind words. They make the memory of all the harsh emails and pm's fade away. Haven't had any pm's or emails in several days now.

This whole experiance really opened my eyes to the differant worlds we all live in. I mean the differant eye people look at things with, some take errors with a grain of salt, while others are more OCD or anal about them. I take my PC job seriously, and I like to think I have a professional air about me when I am at a show or representing PC, but I want to be the consultant next door type as well, the one that becomes more of a family member or close friend to her hostesses not the sterile, snooty, unapproachable consultant that you only hear from when they need a show.

None of us are perfect. We all make mistakes. Some of us just have to make mountains out of mole hills, while the rest of us are making lemonaide.

Just so for information, most all of the emails I recieved were from people that did NOT post any comments on this board, good or bad.

I will continue to update the file and add a new post containing ALL the recipes. I will also post a file with just the NEW recipes so you can print and add to what you already have. Keep checking back.

PLEASE post any and all new recipes you find, or that your hostesses come up with.

Love you guys!

Carol

Kitchen Diva said:
Carol, what an amazing tool! Just reading this thread has made me reconsider my feelings on the DCB, and I may just have to give in a order one. For the longest time I was just borrowing one from an acquaintence.

WHAT!!! :eek: You don't own one?????

babywings76 said:
I have a friend who is absolutely loving the DCB. She keeps calling me and telling me about new recipes she's doing. I asked her to write them down and e-mail them to me so I can post them here.

Her whole family is so happy they have the DCB, cause they are enjoying all the dinners and desserts she's been making. :)

So hope you are able to get these from her, can't wait to see them!

Carol
Thanks so much for all your hard work on this file. I know that I'm going to enjoy it as well as my customers. I love my DCB and in fact, I've used it 3 times already this week. Even my husband said that no matter the cost I have definitely got my money's worth! You are wonderful!

Carol

I made the orange chicken tonight, OMG!!! this was the bomb!!! My son, 29yrs old and his family were here and I really thought my husband, 63yrs old and him were going to fight over licking the DCB. It was REALLY, REALLY good.

So good to know! I've been eyeballing the Orange Chicken recipe, but haven't gotten there yet. You have me VERY motivated- I'll make it this weekend!

cookin to the top said:
So good to know! I've been eyeballing the Orange Chicken recipe, but haven't gotten there yet. You have me VERY motivated- I'll make it this weekend!

I used the bonelss chicken breasts, and just a 1/2 teaspoon of the gingerroot. We just don't care for the ginger taste. And I added just a bit more orange juice and marmalade than it called for. Why? just wanted to clean out the jar of marmalade.

It was to die for,

Let me know how you guys liked it.

It has been brought to my attention that this file is being sold on the internet.

This is not what I had in mind.

I wanted this to be a "gift" to you and your customers.

Not to be reproduced and sold.

I am pulling the file. Enough.

If you would still like a copy of the file you can PM me directly

Last edited:
<H2>1. Can you share some popular recipes for the deep covered baker?</H2><p>Yes, we have a variety of delicious recipes for the deep covered baker, such as chicken and vegetables, lasagna, and even desserts like apple crisp. You can find many of these recipes in our files and online.</p><H2>2. Do you have any tips for using the deep covered baker?</H2><p>Absolutely! To ensure even cooking, make sure to preheat the baker before adding ingredients. Also, lightly oil or spray the baker before each use to prevent sticking. And don't forget to let the baker cool down before cleaning to avoid thermal shock.</p><H2>3. Can I use the deep covered baker in the microwave?</H2><p>Yes, the deep covered baker is microwave-safe. However, it is recommended to use it in the oven for best results.</p><H2>4. Is it necessary to soak the deep covered baker before using it?</H2><p>No, it is not necessary to soak the baker before using it. However, if you are using it for the first time, it is recommended to soak it in water for 15-20 minutes to prevent any potential cracking.</p><H2>5. Can I use the deep covered baker on the stovetop?</H2><p>No, the deep covered baker is not suitable for stovetop use. It is designed for use in the oven or microwave only.</p>

1. Can you share some popular recipes for the deep covered baker?

Yes, we have a variety of delicious recipes for the deep covered baker, such as chicken and vegetables, lasagna, and even desserts like apple crisp. You can find many of these recipes in our files and online.

2. Do you have any tips for using the deep covered baker?

Absolutely! To ensure even cooking, make sure to preheat the baker before adding ingredients. Also, lightly oil or spray the baker before each use to prevent sticking. And don't forget to let the baker cool down before cleaning to avoid thermal shock.

3. Can I use the deep covered baker in the microwave?

Yes, the deep covered baker is microwave-safe. However, it is recommended to use it in the oven for best results.

4. Is it necessary to soak the deep covered baker before using it?

No, it is not necessary to soak the baker before using it. However, if you are using it for the first time, it is recommended to soak it in water for 15-20 minutes to prevent any potential cracking.

5. Can I use the deep covered baker on the stovetop?

No, the deep covered baker is not suitable for stovetop use. It is designed for use in the oven or microwave only.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • 3girls
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • forkatieb