• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips on Setting Up a Successful Booth for Fairs and Events

In summary, setting up a booth at a fair or other event can be a lot of work, but can also be a great opportunity to draw in potential customers. Some tips for a successful booth include having a simple display, offering a door prize, and being prepared with recruiting and host packets. Consider offering a free party as a door prize to attract more solid leads. Other ideas for attracting attention to your booth include using a lead box or a triffal bowl. Ultimately, the key is to follow up with the leads you gather and continue to promote your business. Good luck!"
AZPampered Chef
Silver Member
I wanted to see if anyone has set up a booth at a fair or other event. I would like to do it, but am not sure what exactly I'd be doing....a demo, and then getting bookings?

If you have set up a booth, how did it go? What did you do?

Demoing will be determined by the health dept - It's a lot of work and you might need a microwave and electricity at the booth

Big tips - Draw people to the booth with a recipe card or flyer to say hello then have them fill out a draw slip to get their contact info for some kind of drawing and then follow up , follow up, follow up.

Have a few recruiting and host packets with you just in case

I would have a simple display (maybe of the kits products) and if you could do a quick demo, that would be great. I would offer a door prize, too so you can collect information from entrants. I usually offer a $25 gift certificate.

Also, do a search on "vendors, fairs, expos" something like that and you'll find lots of great info.

AJPratt said:
I would have a simple display (maybe of the kits products) and if you could do a quick demo, that would be great. I would offer a door prize, too so you can collect information from entrants. I usually offer a $25 gift certificate.

Also, do a search on "vendors, fairs, expos" something like that and you'll find lots of great info.

OOOOH, I love the idea of offering a gift certificate for the door prize....that will get someone shopping!

Thanks for the ideas, everyone!

Offer soemthing of value but prefrably nothing heavy because you do not want to pay a huge amount for shipping

I've found that when setting up for a Vendor table that offering a FREE Party is more valuable than a FREE gift certificate or product because you are getting leads that are actually interested in booking a show, as opposed to people who are entering just to win the FREE prize you are offering! Just my experience!!! I've done both and when I did a FREE gift basket, all the leads said no to orders or a show because all they wanted was a chance to win the gift! And when I offered A FREE party I got solid leads for bookings! Hope that helps!

Good point, Heather

I recently had the chance to do a "work from home" job fair and I displayed the starter kit. It shows a nice variety of items (every collection is represented) and doesn't weigh a ton to travel.

I second the "free cooking show" giveaway. Better to have fewer solid leads
to follow-up on than a whole lot of people who really aren't interested. Plus if you want, everyone can be a winner.

heat123 said:
I've found that when setting up for a Vendor table that offering a FREE Party is more valuable than a FREE gift certificate or product because you are getting leads that are actually interested in booking a show, as opposed to people who are entering just to win the FREE prize you are offering! Just my experience!!! I've done both and when I did a FREE gift basket, all the leads said no to orders or a show because all they wanted was a chance to win the gift! And when I offered A FREE party I got solid leads for bookings! Hope that helps!
A free party is a great idea.

At least when I do the GC its just one I make up where, if they don't use it, it doesn't cost me. I will try the free party idea next expo!

Booth PhotosI hope this might help you get some ideas ... this is some photos of a booth that I did a couple months ago!!!:D I bought the lead box from Merrill a month or two ago.. and that attacks attention.... and if you have the triffal bowl call it your magic bowl ... people went nuts over that !!

Attachments

• Backtable.JPG
    Backtable.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 644
  • Backtable1.JPG
    Backtable1.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 570
  • sidetable2.JPG
    sidetable2.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 571
  • sidetable3.JPG
    sidetable3.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 570
  • Backtable2.JPG
    Backtable2.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 650
Last edited:
Leah: They look great!

oh, I totally didn't think about doing a personal GC- duh then you can add it to a show perhaps a host order and get a discount!?

But I still say the FREE Party in a BAG is a good thing too!

Ps. Hey Anne how's the coffee shop coming along??

Leah, thanks for the pictures...I definitely would have stopped by your booth! Did you get many bookings from the booth?

i usually give a $25 gift certificate but like the valid point about the free cooking show as well. that is what i usually offer everyone that didnt win the gc as a second prize. i just tell them we had such an overwhelming response we decided to give everyone that was interested a free cooking show.
i also like to give them something when they fill out the draw slip, a mini cat with a recipe and coupons attached. i use one i got here in the files its called booth coupon it was posted by gina

AZPampered Chef said:
Leah, thanks for the pictures...I definitely would have stopped by your booth! Did you get many bookings from the booth?

I got a lot of leads for the wedding registry which was my intent because it was a bridal fair but that is how I set up my booth for county fairs as well... but it gives you the idea.... I had a lot of fun.....

leah
forgot to ask do u have a pic of the lead box? we cant get into the merill site here in canada
thanks

This is a photo of what it looks like from the Merrill website... I haven't used it at a fair yet..... I will be using it this summer at a few fairs.

Attachments

• Lead Box.jpg
    Lead Box.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 550
I have worked several craft fairs in my area. I never have any luck with bookings, but I have had good orders and on the spot sales. I always bring everything that I have that is still new. I keep the boxes the items came in for this. People that stop want something that they can buy. I've had several people want something to give as a gift and bought some of my stoneware that I had not used yet. I also always have an extra ice cream scoop or two and some cookbooks. I have better luck with bookings from leaving business cards and catalogues where ever I can.

Bobby

thanks leah
thats pretty kool looking :)

I also offer a gc as the gift, but I will start advertising "free show in a bag" as well b/c then they KNOW that I may be calling with that. For some, that seems like a non-gift since if they weren't thinking of hosting a show, it feels like a ploy to get them to book. Of course, it really IS, so I figure that's a little less of an issue if you let post it at the time. Also, book today and get a cookbook (Celebrate if you got them while they were cheap) at your show has worked for some. I'm usually too busy at booths to actually schedule anything. Definitely look for the booth flyers. I like the ones with the info on what we offer AND a recipe b/c that's important. I also use drawing slips I found here and altered and am SURE to add "Do you currently have a consultant" b/c many times I'll have being sign up for a drawing, but they already work with someone.If you have extras of the mini-serving spatulas, SB, Quikut Paring Knives or other products you don't use, set them out for sale. There are a lot of people out there that hate to order, but want to buy. I've had people buy things right out of my tta!

This is the flyer I made for my booth. I put it in one of those plastic stands. You could change the prize information to anything.

Attachments

• Craft Show Drawing.doc
    137 KB · Views: 467
Did you get a lot of response out of that flyer.....I think it's a cute one!

Thanks, I did not get much response from that fair at all. Not many people came. All the exhibitors were angry and some even left early. There was a big fight with one couple and the person running it because they said he did not advertise as stated. It made for an interesting day.

This does happen sometimes - Some people are good organizers and some are not. It helps if you can find an event that established nad has a good reputation. One event I did in Ft. Worth was terribly advertised and in a location where it was hard to find the event. The organizer would not allow her staff to assist people when they were trying to leave. About half the vendors were gone by the end of the event. Some didn't come back for the second day. She had done a few events and her husband runs gun shows so she should have know how to do this better. She hasn't had any more events since then and I wouldn't work with her either. Some event organizers are more concerned about making a buck for themselves rather than taking care of their vendors. I had a bridal show person like that here in the Dallas area. I have gotten some results - whether it is recruits, shows etc at every event I have done but the follow up can be tedious

what is a free show in a bag?

a show in a bag is Paper plates, cups, plastic cutlery, napkins.

I buy seasonal stuff when it is clearanced out at the end of the season. This makes life super easy for hosts.

I would also include a guest list for them to fill out with a SASE and a catalog with stickies to mark pages of all the stuff they want.

I did a business fair for a local chamber of commerce, I had just about $150 in sales, I had the cream puffs stacked on a platter and I gave out coupon/recipe flyer and offered a free cooking show drawing and displayed the trifle bowl, got a few leads, it was good for business, much better than my first booth!

1. How can I make my booth stand out among other vendors at events?

One tip is to create an eye-catching display with bright colors and unique props. You can also offer free samples or demonstrations to attract potential customers.

2. What should I bring to the event to ensure a successful booth?

Aside from your products, it's important to bring business cards, promotional materials, and a way to collect customer information for future follow-ups. You may also want to bring a tablecloth, signage, and any necessary equipment for cooking or demonstrating your products.

3. How can I effectively engage with customers at my booth?

Engage with customers by greeting them with a smile, offering samples or demonstrations, and being knowledgeable about your products. Be friendly and approachable, and be prepared to answer any questions they may have.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when setting up a booth at events?

Some common mistakes include not having a clear and eye-catching display, not having enough products or samples to showcase, and not engaging with potential customers. It's also important to have a well-organized and clean booth.

5. How can I track the success of my booth at events?

You can track the success of your booth by keeping track of sales, collecting customer information, and asking for feedback. You can also observe the level of engagement and interest from customers throughout the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• zmkelly1
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
zmkelly1
  • ChefShalon
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
katem51
  • ChefChillFL