• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Successful Unusual Event Booths: Ideas & Lessons

In summary, if you have a booth at a local event, and are successful, make sure to bring a breakfast item, demonstrate your products, and generate new leads.
amy07
What is the most unusual type of event that you have set up a booth AND had success.

Forget the craft fairs and such. I want some new ideas of REAL events you have done. If they were not successful for you, was there anything that you could've done differently? Was it your marketing, product display, etc?
If it was just low turnout, was it due to the promoter? or weather?

as an example, someone mentioned awhile back that they were setting up a booth at a dog expo or something like that. I would've NEVER thought of it.....what else is working out there?!??!:)

A clustermate of mine set up a table at the bowling alley on the morning when the women's leagues were running. She did great.

well, who would have thought of that! what a great idea! I guess you would just have to talk to the owner of the bowling alley for permission and not serve food~I think they wouldn't like you competing with their snack bar!

well that's a pretty good idea now isn't it?!??! I mean, playing on a league can be expensive too, so I'm sure there is some fundraiser potential there too!

What else?!?! Surely, there are more......

I did a FR for the HS bowling club during Women's leagues. It went great!

bump.......any other ideas?

I went to a Lesbian & Gay Wedding Fair - got a bunch of shows out of it and a few recruit leads! Oh, and a registry!

I did a cat show, I did not do awesome but I did enough in sales to make it worth my while. No bookings or recruits :( But did do a little over $500 in sales. Mostly from other vendors that were there selling cat items such as food, treats, toys and trees. But I did do some sales also with the cat owners who were competing like the Westminster Dog Show but for Cats LOL

I did an event called "Bark in the Park" it was run by the Humane Society. People had their dogs out all dressed up for Halloween. Let me see if I can post a picture I took there. I got a few show leads and 2 recruit leads. Only 1 of the recruit leads is going to pan out though.

I can't upload them. They are too large.

It's not really that odd, but our town has different events where businesses set up outside on the sidewalk. I asked to set up once in front of a business that is open, but wouldn't set up outside. I get a lot of emails, a few shows (one from someone who happened to see the bag of a person that bought a $10 item from me...that led to about 5 more shows so far!). I set up on an army base, but that was too pricey (10% off sales...NO not profit) and I wasn't really supposed to encourage SALES or shows. HUH? Luckily, I have cash n carry and sold a bit of that. I would try to get more names and have more info displayed about shows and such.

I was part of a small craft fair for a nurses class at a hotel. The strange part about it was that when it was over, I moved my booth about 50 feet for another huge Christmas craft fair the next day.

We have consignment sales for kids clothes. They are HUGE (1000+ people selling stuff). A local director coordinators shifts for the booths. If I get a good shift then set up in front of the line, I'll get 30-50 leads. I'd say 1/3 of my shows can go back to someone I met there. One recruit signing next week I met three years ago....

DebbieJ said:
A clustermate of mine set up a table at the bowling alley on the morning when the women's leagues were running. She did great.

I do a "show" every year for a host who is on a Wed morning bowling league. I come at 9am and set up products, I do bring a breakfast thing of my choosing, and I just sit and take orders. No demo, no nothing. I leave around 10:30 and I have never come away w/ less than $400 in sales. It's awesome. I always have her show in Nov to go toward SAT.

bumping.........any other ideas? I'm trying to make sure that either myself or my team has an opportunity every month to generate new leads.

I have a booth next month for a fashion show fundraiser at a church. There will about 15 vendors, and we can donate a basket for the silent raffle as well.

Try looking for a recycling, earth-friendly, or renewable fair/show! Lots of Bamboo products coming out for Spring 2009 catalog. You could also use ALL the Bamboo Utensils as Cash and Carry. Good luck, let me know how that turns out. Going to look into it myself! Go Green!

Marshmallowmom said:
Try looking for a recycling, earth-friendly, or renewable fair/show! Lots of Bamboo products coming out for Spring 2009 catalog. You could also use ALL the Bamboo Utensils as Cash and Carry. Good luck, let me know how that turns out. Going to look into it myself! Go Green!

And along with this - the new reusable shopping bags!:thumbup:

Marshmallowmom said:

oooooh, I like that!
And with Becky's idea to have the bags..........hmmmm, now I've gotta go find a group!;)

What about looking for Mom's groups, or other organizations that would like a presentation on cooking on a budget....making meals for $2 or less per serving...that kind of thing? It would be a way to get your foot in the door with some different groups, maybe for fundraisers or shows?

I did a booth at a rodeo fundraiser.....(all my stuff came home really dusty though) Horse people tend to be down to earth, cook at home, eat around the table kind of people. (I'm a horse person....I know LOL)

Maybe not that unusual but a great turn out--- My daughter teaches at a local Elementary School and got permission from the principal for me to set up in the Teacher's lounge from 11:30am - 3pm. Just set up(no demo), had a dip made and used the apple wedger to slice apples (this was the week before Thanksgiving). I took all my cutlery, bamboo and some stoneware. I had the teachers & aides fill out "the slip" and drew for some outlet items (peelers, spreaders). This was the one and only time I sold the entire knife block and my show total was just under $1000.00. The teachers enjoyed shopping during their lunch and got alot of Xmas shopping done. They also asked me to come back in the spring when the new items come out - and....I booked 3 shows from there.
You can bet I will be there in APril!;)

1. How can I make my event booth stand out from others?

There are several ways to make your event booth stand out. One idea is to incorporate a fun theme or concept that ties into your brand or products. You can also use eye-catching signage, decorations, and props to draw attention to your booth. Another effective way is to offer interactive activities or demonstrations that engage attendees and make them want to stop by your booth.

2. What are some unique ideas for giveaways or promotional items?

Some unique ideas for giveaways or promotional items include personalized kitchen utensils, recipe cards, or mini cookbooks featuring your products. You can also offer samples or small portions of your products as a way to introduce potential customers to your brand. Collaborating with other businesses or brands to offer joint giveaways is another creative way to attract attention to your booth.

3. How can I effectively engage with customers at an event booth?

Engaging with customers at an event booth is essential to creating a successful and memorable experience. One way to do this is by having knowledgeable and enthusiastic staff members who can answer questions and educate attendees about your products. Another idea is to have interactive games or activities that involve your products, as well as offering product demonstrations or samples.

4. What are some budget-friendly ideas for event booths?

Creating a successful event booth doesn't have to break the bank. Some budget-friendly ideas include utilizing social media to promote your booth and attract attendees, using affordable and reusable decorations, and partnering with other businesses for joint promotions or giveaways. You can also save on costs by having a smaller booth space and focusing on creating an engaging and interactive experience for attendees.

5. How can I measure the success of my event booth?

There are several ways to measure the success of your event booth. One way is by tracking the number of attendees who visit your booth and engage with your products. You can also gather feedback from attendees through surveys or social media polls to see their level of satisfaction with your booth. Another important measure is the number of leads or sales generated from the event, which can help determine the overall success of your booth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzy Englert
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
crazyPCcooker
Replies