• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Booth Set-Up: Tips for Fairs, Festivals, and Spring Events

In summary, if you are looking to set up a booth at a fair, festivals, spring flings, etc. and are planning to follow up with all of your leads, look for fairs that have a good rep and are well established and well advertised. It is also a good idea to check out www.craftlister.com, but be sure to ask your friends too. If you are going to have a drawing, try to give away something
whiteyteresa
What is your opinion about setting up a booth at a fair, festivals, spring flings, etc.

How much products do you bring??

Last edited:
It is great as long as you are planning to follow up with all of your leads. Look for fairs that have a good rep and are well established and well advertised. Check out www.craftlister.com but ask your friends too lots of schools, churches and organizations are having events this time of year.

Have a drawing at your booth - Give away something easy to ship like a cookbook, gift certificate. The winner get that and they you can follow up with everyone else with a Free cooking show.

I personally have not had much success with actually selling cash and carry items at my booth. If I am not shring a booth with someone I will try though.

It's a great way to get new leads as long as you are will to follow up quickly. I had out recipe card s to people and ask if they are familiar with the Pampered Chef. If they are not I explain - If they are I ask if they are currently working with a consultant. Then I offer them the opportunty to enter the drawing and be on my electronic newsletter. If they would like a catalog usually I will mail one. I will have minis with me at the event but not full size. I have to see 50 cents go down the drawn when someone is not truly interested in my business. If they are willing to give me all thier contact info I will send them a catalog or magically find one in my booth.

Bring host packets and recruit packets with you. Two ot the recruits I have signed are from craft fairs and bridal shows. The other two were from shows.

I have done lots of set-ups but I some advise

I usually take everything but someone told me that I only need to take one of each product from each group.

I used to offer a gift certificate for a drawing but now I am doing a Free Cooking Show and a $25.00 gift certificate. This way they know that I will be calling to book a show (catalog or kitchen).

I also have my laptop there with the recruiting dvd playing. I have a bag (very colorfull) with a label of it that says 'For My Future Recruit' - here are the things that I put into the bag) it has the dvd inside, 2 brouchures from PC, top questions asked and the Your Life, Your Way Flyer, and the Candy Consultant in a clear bag tried up with a twixit clip.

I also give out two coupons - one for 10% off products ordered and one with referrals that has a recipe attached to it - got these coupons from here, they are great ones.

I try to make contact with everyone that will make eye contact with me.

I just need to know how much stuff to set-up

~

I do super starter kit and add a couple additional entertaining pieces. Of course now we'll need to add a SS cookware piece.

My drawing is always a $10 gift certificate worth $25 if they have a $300 or more show (and I tell them my show average $600). I do call "runners-up" and offer a free cooking show.

Beth... Do you put up a sign for the drawing? If so can you share it or the wording please.

I just did one yesterday. Here's what I brought:New Consultant Kit
July Host Specials
Trifle Bowl - to hold survey slips for $25 Shopping Spree drawing
BBQ tools - it was an outside Farmer's Market
Santoku Knife to show off for August bookings
Catalogs, order forms, minis, a couple of FW minis (shown with discretion)
Pens
QSBI had quite a few people compliment me on the display, too :)

"Enter drawing for FREE product of your choice" is the latest version I have used.

NOTE: I have always brought something from each group of products but now the new consultant kit has that!

BethCooks4U said:
"Enter drawing for FREE product of your choice" is the latest version I have used.

Ok Devil's advocate here.....what if they want a piece of cookware free?

When setting up for a fair- "less is more!"

If you bring too much, your table will look clutered and folks will pass by.

SS kit items and a few additional pieces are plenty!

It doesn't say "A" free product, just free product so you're probably okay. I bring cash n carry and do sell quite a bit of that (esp if it's the discontinued stuff I need to part with). I bring the current host special and next couple if it makes sense. Also, the current guest special (for those who want to order). I also bought some wire shelving that helps create two levels easily. I do bring some SA, but not a lot. Less cluttered is good. I just did a crazy days and I was super cluttered b/c people kept buying stuff and I kept putting more out. Like a great rummage sale!I put up a bored with any fair only specials (spend so much and get a SB free) or whatever. Plus wedding info and such. I'll bring a couple favorite new items, but the rest they have to have a show to see. Definitely do door prize slips asking if they currently have a consultant (saves some time later). I personally love booths. It's true, you have to follow up. I just like meeting so many people and the fact that they love the PC booth. I usually do really well at them.

What do you use to "advertize" the fair only specials? and the wedding info and stuff?

i'm doing a fair on the 4th and need some ideas of what to display .. should i put up cookbooks or no?

i dont have any money to waste right now on "gifts" so i like the idea of the free cooking show, but how can i make it more apealing? i also love the idea of the triffle bowl holding the slips!!

I raffle off one item and free cooking shows. I don't list how many shows I'm giving away. The day after the fair I call everyone that filled out a slip and tell them that they have won a free show. When I have a show I always send out the invites and bring the ingredients needed for the receipe. I just feel more comfortable doing that. The person who won the "free show" doesn't know that I do that, so they think they're getting a great deal. I also (to "free show" winners) bring the paper goods. It's only a few dollars more out of my pocket and I usually have HUGE success with this. I actually just did a fair a few weeks ago. I split the table with another consultant. I did it my way and she did her own thing. She booked two shows from her morning-after calls and I booked eight doing it my way. It just seems to me that people love to get something for nothing!!!

What are the dimensions of the booth set-up?

The dimensions of the booth set-up vary depending on the specific products being displayed and the amount of space available. However, we typically recommend a minimum of 6 feet by 6 feet for a standard booth set-up.

Does Pampered Chef provide any display materials for the booth set-up?

Yes, Pampered Chef provides a variety of display materials for our consultants to use in their booth set-ups. This includes tablecloths, banners, signs, and product stands.

How long does it take to set up a Pampered Chef booth?

The time it takes to set up a Pampered Chef booth can vary depending on the size and complexity of the display. However, on average, it takes about 30 minutes to set up a basic booth with our provided display materials.

Can I customize my booth set-up with my own materials?

Yes, our consultants are welcome to add their own personal touches and materials to their booth set-up. However, we do ask that all materials follow our branding guidelines and do not promote any other direct sales companies.

Are there any restrictions on the products that can be displayed in a Pampered Chef booth set-up?

Yes, all products displayed in a Pampered Chef booth must be current and available for purchase through the company. We also ask that consultants do not display any products from other direct sales companies in their booth set-ups.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Ericanaysha
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • klbern
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • FancyChef