• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Profits at a Local Festival: Tips for Setting Up a Successful Booth

Kristi provided good advice for a small craft show. She said to change the drawing slip to refer to the new consultant kit which is $155. She is participating in a craft show in a little over a week and is overwhelmed. She has some items to sell, but does not want the table to be too crowded. She has many ideas from this site.
Chef_2_Four
In May every year my town has a festival for the opening of baseball season. I was thinking about getting a booth, but wouldn't know if it would work or not. Would I just set up with catalogs? I am curious because it is $50 for a booth. Would I take samples?

I have a done a TON of festivals and $50 is great! DO IT!!! Set up your products (don't bombard the table), bring catalogs, order forms and a calculator. If you have magnet business cards, bring those or just pass out recipe cards with your name on it!!!:D If I can think of anything else, I'll add it!

$50 is cheap--do it!

Kristi gave good advice.

You probably don't want to offer food samples. We are not licensed food handlers. I've also had people not familiar with us assume that we are caterers when there is food at an event like that. Seriously!

Do a nice display and hand out recipe cards. The best thing is to get out in front of your table and talk to people. Do not give out any catalogs unless you GET their info first. You are there to GET, not to give.

I talked to the head of booths for the festival, and they are only $35 so I am defintely going to get one!! Thanks for the input!!

I absolutely love festivals! The best advice I can give is make sure you have a drawing. That way you get everyone's contact information. They must fill out the form completely to win.

I also learned the prizes do not need to be expensive to be exciting, so keep them under $20.00, maybe even under $10.00.

Lisa

I would do the festivle in a heart beat Dont forget to call eeryone that marks yes there is a great drawing slip that I have used from here I will see if I can find it and post it.

Last edited:
Great advice gals! For $35, yes do it! Is it an all day thing? If so, pack a little cooler with your drinks and lunch in it if another cluster member is not doing it with you.

It is actually Saturday and Sunday. I am defintely going to sign up to be there. I was kinda worried about what my husband would say and he was acutally ok with it. He is anti my spending money for my business. He doesn't get it!! I'm really looking forward to it!

Did you say MAy... HELP WHIP CANCER!!!!!! Make it a fundraiser and roll them orders in....

I would put out a few products. Get a drawing.. And be ready to put a SMILE on!! :D GOOD LUCK!!!

I almost forgot one of the most important things, please make sure you get in front of your table as much as possible. At the very least, please do not sit during most of the festival. People who are sitting are just not as approachable.

Lisa

There is a "Meeting the Public" CD on paperwork that everyone who does a fair or festival should listen to!

I was a little disappointed with the Meet the Public CD. It seemed more focused on really large scale events, and I can see how that would be cool, but I was looking more for advice on small craft fairs and where to find them and what to bring. I did listen, though, and I did get some ideas. Hopefully I'll have a great big team next year and can participate in our mall "business expo" which is $750! Ouch! Clustermates aren't too interested, which is too bad, because I'd be willing to put up a hundred bucks or so...

Jennie4PC said:
Make sure to change the drawing slip in reference to the new consultant kit since it's $155 now. I'm participating a craft show in a little over a week. I'm really excited but it's much larger scale than anything I've done before. It's very well attended and I've notice PC consultants with a bowl full of names whenever I've gone. I'm thrilled to be able to be involved in it this time but am a little overwhelmed. I have some items to sell, not just show, but don't want the table to be too crowded. I have so many ideas from this site so I want to do a bridal section too. I'm also sharing the booth with a Creative Memories Consultant so that'll be interesting.

Related to Maximizing Profits at a Local Festival: Tips for Setting Up a Successful Booth

1. Can I bring my own booth setup?

Yes, you are welcome to bring your own booth setup as long as it meets the size and safety requirements of the festival. Please check with the festival organizers for any specific guidelines or restrictions.

2. Do I need to provide my own cooking equipment?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you will need to bring your own cooking equipment and tools to the festival. We recommend using our high-quality and versatile products for the best results.

3. How do I handle food safety at the festival?

It is important to follow food safety guidelines and regulations at the festival. We recommend having a hand-washing station and using gloves while handling food. It is also important to keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold to prevent bacteria growth.

4. Are there any restrictions on the types of food I can serve?

Yes, some festivals may have restrictions on the types of food that can be served. It is important to check with the festival organizers beforehand to ensure that your menu aligns with their guidelines.

5. How do I handle payments at the festival?

You can accept payments through various methods such as cash, credit/debit cards, and mobile payment apps. We recommend having a clear pricing list and a secure way to handle transactions at your booth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Ericanaysha
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Replies
Views
Dawn4
  • eatoninthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies