• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips & Ideas on Offering a Tax-Free Incentive in April

In summary, it seems that offering a tax free incentive in April is a popular way to encourage guests to order. However, it depends on the goal of the business and the tax rate of the host.
Jeans Garden
Gold Member
I've heard about offering a tax free incentive during April - from doing it just on April 15th to offering it for the whole month. Does anyone have tips or ideas on how to best offer this? Any ideas are appreciated!!

I guess it depends on how much of your commission you want to give away and what your goal is - straight sale orders, shows etc.

Sometimes I offer to pay the tax when I'm doing a vendor booth. I do it so it's easier to total the order. Even with a calculator, I still make mistakes.

I would offer it as an incentive for April if it meant a booking. But I wouldn't want to get in the habit cause I'm trying to earn extra money.

I offer 50% off shipping to my hosts to encourage outside orders BEFORE their party. This costs me $2.37 per order with 5% tax. It's amazing how much hosts work their friends/family who can't attend to get their order in before the show. It gives them a better party which means more free stuff for them and we can generally close a few days earlier.

I have done a FREE TAX show in the past but only did it on April 15 and it was only offered to those who attended the show on April 15. It is amazing how many people will show up to a show to save sales tax.

Thanks to all for your comments. A bit more info:
Out tax rate is 9.5% which, I would hope, definitely be worth peopling ordering. And I am definitely working toward New Orleans and a cruise so I am really more interested in getting the points than taking a cut in commission. (I've got two recruits so far - Wahoo!)
I have started working on a flyer (it's not formatted yet) - let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Tax Free.doc
    25 KB · Views: 417

1. What is a tax-free incentive in April?

A tax-free incentive in April refers to a special offer or discount that is not subject to sales tax during the month of April. This is often offered by businesses as a way to encourage customers to make purchases during a typically slower sales month.

2. How can I offer a tax-free incentive in April as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can offer a tax-free incentive in April by promoting a specific product or product line that is not subject to sales tax during the month. You can also offer a discount or special deal that is equivalent to the sales tax amount.

3. Is there a limit to the amount of tax-free incentives I can offer in April?

The amount of tax-free incentives you can offer in April may vary depending on your state's sales tax laws. It's always best to check with your local tax authority to ensure you are following all applicable regulations.

4. Can I combine a tax-free incentive with other promotions or discounts?

Yes, you can combine a tax-free incentive with other promotions or discounts as long as it is within the guidelines set by your state's sales tax laws. However, it's important to clearly communicate to customers that the tax-free incentive is only applicable during the month of April.

5. How can I effectively promote my tax-free incentive in April?

There are several ways to promote your tax-free incentive in April as a Pampered Chef consultant. You can use social media, email marketing, and in-person events to spread the word. You can also include the tax-free incentive in your product descriptions and on your website. Additionally, partnering with other local businesses or organizations can help increase visibility for your promotion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieJ
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
lisaterwilliger
  • sandilou
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • Teresa LM