• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! 1St Bridal Shower Ever!! Feeling Lost!

In summary, the speaker has experience with bridal showers and is scheduled to host their first one. They recommend treating it like a regular show and getting a wish list from the bride. They also suggest involving the bride and bridal party in the demo and playing games. They recommend bringing a variety of products and highlighting items from the bride's wish list. They also mention taking photos of the products and creating cards with prices for guests to choose from. They suggest asking the person throwing the shower about their plans for the event. Additional tips and files are available for ideas and advice.
MHouting
Gold Member
I've been to some bridal showers (over 10 years ago) but no PC ones. I've been with PC for just 3 yrs now and have scheduled my VERY 1ST EVER shower! Brides Aunt is throwing (something I've never done either) and plan on meeting with her on Sunday (yes, in 5 days) but the shower itself isn't until mid April. I'm completely LOST on everything. I know I would like to continue doing my hands on demo and it will be a 6:30 Tuesday shower. What do I discuss with the aunt as I don't want to come across like I don't know what I'm doing? (Which I clearly don't!) I've read on here some do some sort of 'pick you gift' from brides wishlist but other than that, ANY tips, ideas, advice, files, etc. Are GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! You may email files, tips, etc to me as well. [email protected]

I normally treat bridal showers as a regular show. I work closely with the person throwing the shower but also the bride. First step is to get a wish list from the bride. I send the bride a catalog with a print off of the product list from consultant's corner and a self addressed stamped envelope to send it back to me. I always offer the same recipes that I do for a regular show (unless they request something specific). I don't normally do a hands on show but I make it more hands on for a bridal shower by having the bride and bridal party help me make the recipe. This can be pretty funny if it's a young group because sometimes they haven't cooked at all!My bridal shows start off with the guests introducing themselves, how they know the bride, their favorite PC item and one piece of advice for the bride (this can get funny and mushy all at the same time). Then we make the recipe. If they want a game I offer one game - some times they want this sometimes they don't. I have the bride carry around a tray with 12 PC products on it. After she's gone around the room I have the bride leave the room and I tell the guests they need to describe what the bride is wearing that day. It throws everybody off (I've had a couple get a little miffed because we tricked them!). After that I explain how the shower works and the show is done.At any point during the show that the guests mention a product or we use it in the recipe that's on the bride's wish list I really try to point this out so the guests can see how it's used or if it's something they really like that maybe they'll get that for the bride. I bring more products than normal for a bridal shower only because people like to see gifts that they are buying for someone else. I don't bring everything but I'll bring some of the key products that the bride picked out.

If the groom is attending, have the bride and groom do the demo together. Also, get the bridal apron off supply order, get colorful sharpies, and have all the guests sign the apron. This will be her special momento from her shower.

Also, highlight the fact that the bride cannot do a wedding registry right now with PC so everyone needs to pay special attention to the gift basket of wishes for the bride.

I take pictures of the PC items on the Bride's wish list and put them on decorated cards with the price listed. I have them either on a photo stand/s or put them on a decorated board with Velcro so they can be pulled off. That way the Guest can pick one or more and hand me the cards to place the order.

Also, there are some great games under files for Bridal Showers. I also think there is a file with ideas about what every Bride needs in the kitchen. This is good to help the Bride when looking at the catalog - I think it had suggestions for the entertainer, the baker, the cook, etc listing must haves.

I would recommend asking what they were planning on doing during the show, because they may already have things planned that you need to incorporate.

chanddl said:
I take pictures of the PC items on the Bride's wish list and put them on decorated cards with the price listed. I have them either on a photo stand/s or put them on a decorated board with Velcro so they can be pulled off. That way the Guest can pick one or more and hand me the cards to place the order.QUOTE]

Yes, then you write the name, address & phone of the person that purchased that item for the bride. This makes it super easy for the bride to write thank you notes!

And, you want to put ALL the items purchased for the bride under the bride's name, as a guest. This way all her items are under warranty with her name on them. You pitch in the $4.75 for her shipping, just charge the guest the cost of the item(s) plus the tax. A small investment to save LOTS of mental anguish! Or, you could charge $.50 per $10 in products. Then, make the bride a guest order with every $100 so she gets all the extra guest specials (i.e. if the total sales for her are $350, divide it into 3 orders, she gets the guest special 3 times).

I do a couple bridal showers a year and they are always $1,000 +.
I invested in a trifold board (for school projects) several years ago. Paper punch holes around the side every 9" or so and run ribbon or tulle netting in in (From $ store) I added clearanced wedding themes stickers randomly and velcro dots. I cut out products from catalog not descr just product rubber cemented them to paper heart doilies and the newer ones on heart diecuts from my cricut on wedding scrapbook paper laminated them at Mardels for .25 a foot much cheaper than office stores. After cutting them out I put the item # on back w sharpie & the other half of dot, on front a heart label cut w scrapbooking punch and the price on it) (when price increases you only need to replace the sticker)
All orders are under the groom's name (I pay shipping), brides order is under hers when we close as host.
Invites are sent with a small note asking them to bring a recipe & a spice that would go in the recipe or a new kitchen towel since all gifts will be purchased from her registry. (Please wrap it pretty)
IF the bride has a great sense of humor (you don't want her overwhelmed & in tears) The card will say Mystery Pantry and please bring a can of food for the recipe with the label removed She will end up with 30 cans and not know what they are. Makes meals as a newlywed adventurous!!

Guests are encouraged to shop for their kitchen and then remove the products from her registry board for her gifts. (They are then kept beside me and not replaced unless she wanted more than 1). The initial start up was time consuming but now I just take 2 of the new mini catalogs to cut up, add to heart, laminate and add them to my folder.
On vellum I made a Registry Gift List that the maid of honor writes the product and name of friend It can be added to her wedding album very easily.
I do ask the bride to do the recipe with me, I embroider her name in her wedding colors on the apron from supply order and present her with a few of the inexpensive products in a bouquet with tulle and silk flowers from me.

One thing I did last year for a shower where both bride and groom were present was to put the steps for the demo in numbered envelopes. The bride and groom actually DID the demo. Each of the guest chose an envelope when they came in (they actually each wound up with two envelopes). Starting with number one, they open their envelope, tell the bride and groom what that step says to do and then tell them something about how they knew the bride/groom; a funny story about them; WHATEVER they wanted to share. It was primarily the groom's family so it was a great way for the bride to get to know them. Each person's comments usually sparked enough chatter to last while the couple did that step. It kept things moving along and everyone had a great time - I was thrilled with the $1,000 show total.

Marci

When I do the orders, I put all the orders under the guest's name because usually my guests buy stuff for themselves too. This way they have their purchase in their name. Since it's labeled as a bridal shower instead of a kitchen show, HO will know if the bride has to call about a warranty. But what I do for my brides is to print them of a copy of each receipt and highlight the items that are hers and I give her one master list with who bought her what which makes it easy to sort orders and make thank you notes. Let me search to see if I have a picture of what I do for the wish list.

Okay here is my idea for the wish list display. What I do is a little different now because I use to hand cut the flowers and then I found a punch at target.com. The stand I use I found through amazon (all links are below). If the bride picks more products that I have room on the stand I put those on the table below like the fell from a tree.

IMG_2094.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KPJEZC/?tag=pfamazon01-20

http://www.target.com/p/Craft-Punch-Giga-Scallop-Circle-2-875-to-3/-/A-10730447

http://www.target.com/p/Craft-Punch-Mega-Circle-2-375-to-2-5/-/A-10730348

pchockeymom said:
And, you want to put ALL the items purchased for the bride under the bride's name, as a guest. This way all her items are under warranty with her name on them. You pitch in the $4.75 for her shipping, just charge the guest the cost of the item(s) plus the tax. A small investment to save LOTS of mental anguish! Or, you could charge $.50 per $10 in products. Then, make the bride a guest order with every $100 so she gets all the extra guest specials (i.e. if the total sales for her are $350, divide it into 3 orders, she gets the guest special 3 times).

I must remember to do this!!!

These are all great!! You are all wonderful for holding my hand while I learn!!
(please feel free to keep sharing!)
I think it would be fun (for me at least!) to have groom there too, not my call, but will suggest!Is there anything I SHOULD bring with me Sunday when I meet with brides aunt? (besides some of these ideas??) Catalog - yes & I'll be sure to get Brides name address for wish list.As much of a planner as I am, this is uncharted water for me and really hope aunt/bride have some sort game plan for me to incorporate some of the above and run with it!
My fear is that she'll be "oh, whatever, you're the consultant".... Uh, yes, but it's not MY party!!! :D

MHouting said:
These are all great!! You are all wonderful for holding my hand while I learn!!
(please feel free to keep sharing!)
I think it would be fun (for me at least!) to have groom there too, not my call, but will suggest!

Is there anything I SHOULD bring with me Sunday when I meet with brides aunt? (besides some of these ideas??) Catalog - yes & I'll be sure to get Brides name address for wish list.

As much of a planner as I am, this is uncharted water for me and really hope aunt/bride have some sort game plan for me to incorporate some of the above and run with it!
My fear is that she'll be "oh, whatever, you're the consultant".... Uh, yes, but it's not MY party!!! :D

I always give a host packet just like it's a regular show. Even the aunt can collect regular orders for coworkers and other people! Are you providing PC invites or are they sending something out themselves?

Um, no idea?! I don't currently have any pc invites, but thankfully aunt lives in the next subdivision! So dropping off anything after the meeting Sunday is not an issue! Good question!

MHouting said:
Um, no idea?! I don't currently have any pc invites, but thankfully aunt lives in the next subdivision! So dropping off anything after the meeting Sunday is not an issue! Good question!

I would check to see if someone local to you has some invites. These are better for showers because they have instructions on how the shower works. If the shower is mid April you want to get out invites as soon as possible. Otherwise just have the host send out regular style bridal shower invites but include some verbiage about it being PC.

wadesgirl said:
I would check to see if someone local to you has some invites. These are better for showers because they have instructions on how the shower works. If the shower is mid April you want to get out invites as soon as possible. Otherwise just have the host send out regular style bridal shower invites but include some verbiage about it being PC.

Could I 'make my own?' If they want PC ones? I've seen some on here somewhere that I could easily modify. But I will see if I can get my hands on some ! Even if just to 'copy' ideas from!! ;)

Of course you can make your own!

wadesgirl said:
Of course you can make your own!

Invites - added to list of questions Sunday! TY!!!

I made my own invites and actually included a recipe card (which I again made and included a little chef hat on) for them to bring their favorite recipe to start the bride and grooms recipe box and I then went to the $ store and got a plastic recipe box and blinged it match her colors and such and then put in a few PC recipes and of course the recipes we made the day of her shower.

That way say his Mom can give the bride HER recipe for his favorite childhood dish or whatever and she can get great grandma whomever's cookie recipe. Can be lots of fun.

HTH,

Lisa

I have 2 showers in April. I used the bridal shower invite on the website. Filled it in and printed it off on colored paper. Then I typed up some other instructions about ordering online if they couldn't attend, etc. and printed that info on the back of the invitation. I also included a recipe card for everyone to bring back. They turned out pretty good.We are going to play the game that someone mentioned about a tray with items and then when the bride leaves the room, I'll ask questions about what she was wearing (ie. nail polish, sandals, jewelry, etc.). I am also going to play the left, right game for bridal showers which I found on this site somewhere. I will also have everyone introduce themselves and give marriage advice to the bride and if they brought a recipe, they can share information about that.We are going to demo salsa in the MFP. I also saw the 3 tiered stand on here that someone had it sitting on top of the trifle bowl. They had made a tutu for the bottom plate out of a stretchy headband and tulle. It was really cute and we will use that as a centerpiece.Haven't done a bridal shower in a while so I'm looking forward to it.Good luck!

1. What type of products do you recommend for a bridal shower?

For a bridal shower, we recommend our kitchen gadgets and tools, such as our mixing bowls, measuring cups, and spatulas. These are essential items that every new bride will appreciate in her kitchen.

2. Do you have any special packages or deals for bridal showers?

Yes, we offer a Bridal Shower Bundle that includes a variety of our best-selling products at a discounted price. It's the perfect way to stock the bride's kitchen with essential items for cooking and baking.

3. Can I host a Pampered Chef party for the bridal shower?

Absolutely! Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a fun and interactive way to celebrate the bride-to-be. Our consultant will bring all the products and provide a cooking demonstration for the guests. Plus, the bride will receive free products based on the party sales.

4. What are some popular recipes that are perfect for a bridal shower?

Some popular recipes for bridal showers include appetizers like our Mini Caprese Skewers or Spinach and Artichoke Dip, as well as desserts like our Strawberry Shortcake Trifle or Chocolate Lava Cakes. These recipes are easy to make and will impress the guests.

5. How far in advance should I plan the Pampered Chef party for the bridal shower?

We recommend scheduling the party at least 2-3 weeks in advance to give the guests enough time to RSVP and to ensure the products will arrive on time. However, we can also accommodate last-minute parties if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • BeckyC5830