• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Successful Catalog Shows??

In summary, Beth is an expert summarizer of content. She recommends putting a flyer with the upcoming host specials on it into each catalog, as well as the current guest special. She also recommends taking a basket of products to the host's place of business. This can lead to a noticeable increase in orders.
peichef
I have only held 1 catalog show, prior to this month. Since I have recently moved to a new province, I have been reaching out to contacts where I used to live (& all over the country), asking them to host CATALOG shows.
So far, I have booked 4 for November.
I want these shows to have good sales (since my friends are helping me out by hosting).
The big question ... what tips can you share to increase sales in catalog shows??
(incentives for hosts? inserts for catalogs? anything...)

I recommend putting a flyer with the upcoming host specials on it into each catalog, along with the current guest special. That way, people may be tempted to book a show (live or catalog) to get those host specials.

I find it takes lots of host coaching. Remind them to remind people. Everyone forgets things. We're all busy. Their PC show is not the top priority for most people. I tell my hosts to remind everyone they haven't gotten an order from that they're closing soon. Most of their orders come after those reminders.

Host Coaching, Host Coaching...I just try to keep in contact with my host. Let her know where her show stands, remind her what her goal is and how to achieve it. It seems that my average Catty show is $300. Which I consider in this area great.

Thanks guys. Keep the ideas coming:)
I was planning on including a "gift giving ideas" flyer, as well as some "homemade for the holidays" ideas.

My most successful catalog shows have been when I took a basket of products to the host's place of biz. I made sure the bin had some new and favorite products in it and when I delivered it, I made sure to point out a few of the most requested products in the basket and show the catalog host how to use it. I also made sure that I had some type of flyer taped to my basket indicating who the host was and how to order, etc. (Otherwise I found that hosts just let the basket sit there and the lack of info causes folks to walk right by). Additionally I would put a few catalogs, with order forms in the basket as well.

Most often, this type of effort leads to a noticeable increase in orders....and quite often the bulk of those orders is directly related to what was in that teaser basket!

I usually leave a basket for 5 working days, if I can.

bethsbiz said:
My most successful catalog shows have been when I took a basket of products to the host's place of biz. I made sure the bin had some new and favorite products in it and when I delivered it, I made sure to point out a few of the most requested products in the basket and show the catalog host how to use it. I also made sure that I had some type of flyer taped to my basket indicating who the host was and how to order, etc. (Otherwise I found that hosts just let the basket sit there and the lack of info causes folks to walk right by). Additionally I would put a few catalogs, with order forms in the basket as well.

Most often, this type of effort leads to a noticeable increase in orders....and quite often the bulk of those orders is directly related to what was in that teaser basket!

I usually leave a basket for 5 working days, if I can.

This is interesting......have you ever had products walk away and not come back when you've done this?

No, I have had ZERO products walk away and I do this about 10 times a year, and have done for the past 2 years.

I should note that I wouldn't make this offer to anyone you were uncomfortable with...but friends, family, former hosts, former co-workers, etc. it should work fine with.

Most of the time the places I leave the baskets are at hospital departments, banks, etc.

Again, just another strategy that might be used if the appropriate circumstances will allow it!

bethsbiz said:
No, I have had ZERO products walk away and I do this about 10 times a year, and have done for the past 2 years.

I should note that I wouldn't make this offer to anyone you were uncomfortable with...but friends, family, former hosts, former co-workers, etc. it should work fine with.

Most of the time the places I leave the baskets are at hospital departments, banks, etc.

Again, just another strategy that might be used if the appropriate circumstances will allow it!

Thanks! I really like the idea.:thumbup:

I like that idea, too, Beth. Most of my catalogs shows are going to be in other provinces, so I can't do it now -- but I might have a couple of local catty shows where I could implement this idea.

What are examples of products you put in the basket and are these items duplicates of ones you would take to kitchen shows?

Well, I have been doing this for almost 5 years so I do have 2 of most of my favorite items....that helps, for sure.

This is a list of most of the products I had in a recent "catalog box":

1. Food chopper
2. Microplane
3. Citrus Press
4. 1 cookbook, preferably the 29 minutes one or All the Best
5. SB
6. something from teh SA line
7. EZ read meauring cups
8. MIX n Chop
9. Caramel Sprinkles
10. Splatter Screen
11. Spice of some kind
12. Meat Tenderizer
13. 1-2 scrapers, espeically in the current color
14. Something in the linen line...a towel, a microfiber towel,etc.
15. A scoop, preferbly the medium
16 -20...newer products such as Salad Chopper, Finger Guard, etc.

What are the benefits of hosting a catalog show?

Hosting a catalog show allows you to earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host rewards. It also provides a convenient way for your friends and family to shop for high-quality kitchen products from the comfort of their own home.

How do I invite guests to my catalog show?

You can invite guests through various methods such as creating a Facebook event, sending out personalized emails, or handing out physical invitations. It's important to personalize your invitations and include the catalog or a link to the online catalog for easy browsing.

What are some tips for maximizing sales during a catalog show?

One tip is to promote your favorite products and share how they have improved your cooking experience. Another tip is to offer incentives, such as a free gift with a certain amount of purchases. You can also encourage your guests to book their own catalog shows for even more rewards.

Can I earn rewards for referring my friends to host their own catalog show?

Yes, you can earn rewards for referring your friends to host their own catalog show. Pampered Chef offers a generous referral program where you can earn free products and discounts for every successful referral.

What are some ways to keep my guests engaged during the catalog show?

You can keep your guests engaged by hosting fun games or challenges, such as a recipe scavenger hunt or a virtual cooking demonstration. You can also offer product demonstrations and answer any questions they may have about the products. Creating a sense of excitement and urgency can also encourage your guests to make a purchase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• peichef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampchef.angel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • Pampered Angel