• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Making Wave 1 Smoother and Better: What to Bring?

In summary, if you are packing for Wave 2, you should bring -Moleskin -Ear plugs -A rolling bag or briefcase -An extra pair of shoes -A bottle of water -A small bag of snacks -A mini fan for the room -Tylenol
Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2Take an umbrella. It may rain even if the forecast says no.

AND

Take Be a Master Seller ... it is the best workshop EVER and was taught by the best presenter EVER ... I hope they bring her back for Waves 2 and 3!

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2NO NO NO LAPTOP! I NOW NEED TO GO TO A CHIROPRACTOR from carrying it! UGH! It was nice to check e-mail once (too expensive at hotel more than that) and a royal pain in the @#$ on last day of Conference and through security. You REALLY DO NOT NEED IT!!!
Pack extremely light. (to make room for all the goodies! :)
Same pair of pants 2 days, different tops. Bring a jacket. I am VERY hot natured and I got COLD! BRRR. The Exec. banquet was freezing many were putting napkins over their shoulders. Some workshop rooms are a bit chilly too!
BEWARE of Hilton Chicago. BIGTIME billing issues! DO NOT LET THEM OVERCHARGE YOU!!! They kept authorizing our accounts instead of charging it like they told me they would. They authorized over $180 over what I was supposed to pay. My roomate was over $700! MANY MANY others had a ton of difficulties!
Bring snacks! Protein! Nuts, granola bars, etc. We got fed well but still get a bit hungry between meals and all that walking!
Set a LIMIT at booths! OH MY GOSH I OVERSPENT AT MERRILL AND IT WAS EXTREMELY EASY TO DO THAT THIS YEAR!!! OH MY!!!

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2How much 'extra room' will we need in our suitcase for goodies? I'm trying to get along wiht only carry-on size luggage this year.

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2
pamperedlinda said:
How much 'extra room' will we need in our suitcase for goodies? I'm trying to get along wiht only carry-on size luggage this year.

It's CRAZY! I didn't buy much (just some mini's, and a couple shirts) but somehow, my bag was stuffed coming home - still trying to figure out why. Your director gift, Career Club gift, and Exec Banquet gift are all WONDERFUL - but not big...it must just be an accumulation of all of the small things.

I'm a light packer. I had just a small rolling carry-on, and I managed to fit everything in there going home, except for a few small items that I had to carry in my new PC TOTE! (Which you are all going to just love!)

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2Thanks Becky.

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2
pamperedbecky said:
Yep, that's my same problem exactly-my screen going black. NOt while I'm using the battery though - although luckily my battery lasts a while longer than yours.:grumpy: I've looked at a few things on the Dell forums and those problems I mentioned seemed to be what others suggested to other people. Ugggg. I'm going to explore getting it at least checked out on Monday. Good luck with yours!! My screen sometimes flickers now even just on the battery, so I can tell it's going to get worse.:(

Can I ask how long you have had your Dell? I just got one a few months ago and am now worried!

Oh and Becky... Don't you have internet access on your phone? I thought you had mentioned it a few months ago when we were discussing phone options.

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2:):):chef:Reading all your posts is so helpful! I am so excited I can't stand it!!! I will be leaving on Weds for the 6hr drive. I never would have thought to bring ear plugs but I will have a roomie that snores and I am such a light sleeper-thank you for sharing. And the first year I went I froze, the second year I roasted...now it seems this year it will be cold again. But I have a heads up on that, right? I have already got my list of what I want to pack thanks to you all... :) :chef:

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2Make sure you get a second pillow out of the closet before you turn the lights out for the night. You may need it over your head to keep light or sound out.

chefliz said:
:):):chef:Reading all your posts is so helpful! I am so excited I can't stand it!!! I will be leaving on Weds for the 6hr drive. I never would have thought to bring ear plugs but I will have a roomie that snores and I am such a light sleeper-thank you for sharing. And the first year I went I froze, the second year I roasted...now it seems this year it will be cold again. But I have a heads up on that, right? I have already got my list of what I want to pack thanks to you all... :) :chef:

Where are you in OH?

Di_Can_Cook said:
Take an umbrella. It may rain even if the forecast says no.

AND

Take Be a Master Seller ... it is the best workshop EVER and was taught by the best presenter EVER ... I hope they bring her back for Waves 2 and 3!

Di...who did you have for your workshop? I had Penney Parkes and walked away AMAZED!!!

I agree about the umbrella, forgot mine and Thursday night it down poured.

Also, to those of you who suggested Merrell shoes....THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!! I bought a pair of sandals and my feet NEVER hurt once the whole time. Even the girls I was with that work flip flops the whole time had problems with their feet and I had ZERO!!

Also, for any first timers - if you want to go to the Merrill store, get there ASAP!!! We took the the 7:00 am HO tour and when we got back the Merrill store was completely picked over and hardly anything was left. It forced us not to over spend though!!

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2I'm still shocked to hear that about Merrill, we went on the 2nd day last year and they had a ton.

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2Last year there was definitely a lot more than this year. The store was smaller and much less variety this year.

JAE said:
Last year there was definitely a lot more than this year. The store was smaller and much less variety this year.
That bites! I have HO tour on the first day and won't be able to get to the store until later on. Bummer since I refuse to buy clothes on their website.

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2I second, third and fourth the earplugs - they make a world of difference! I roomed with a girl my first conference who snored like a buzzsaw and I got NO sleep. The following year, I roomed with her again, but brought earplugs and was actually coherent at the workshops! The third year, she didn't go, but we ended up with some girls from another cluster who snored like racecars - thank goodness my earplugs were still in my bag!!!! :D

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2A small rolling tote of some sort would have been real sweet! Even though I mailed my surprise boxes home, I was still hauling around mini catalogs that I wanted to make sure I had as soon as I got home and some last minute things I got at Merrill's. Keep it small though so it's not an issue going through the crowds. Don't overpack...I almost didn't leave room for everything to make it home! Especially if you don't mail your surprise boxes home. Comfortable shoes!! Did a lot of walking from workshop to workshop (not a marathon by any means) but it is a BIG place. Plenty of business cards - everyone exchanges them. In addition to notes about the person, we would exchange for notes to email each other workshop notes. You will meet very friendly consultants at conference - everyone wants to help each other out!! :) Extra $$ for surprise boxes - they are addicting!!!!!! and so much fun!!!!! Go to Merrill's the first day to make sure you get in on the new stuff and the conference sales ... Oh, and get your memorabilia surprise box on day 1 because they were out by day 2 but never ran out of the other boxes. That's all I can think of for now ...

<h2>1. What should I bring to make Wave 1 conference smoother and better?</h2><p>Some essential items to bring to Wave 1 conference include a notebook and pen for taking notes, comfortable shoes for walking around the venue, a reusable water bottle, and a phone charger. It's also a good idea to bring business cards to exchange with fellow consultants and potential customers.</p><h2>2. Is there anything specific I should bring to the conference?</h2><p>In addition to the essentials, it's helpful to bring a small bag or tote to carry any free samples or promotional items you may receive. It's also a good idea to bring snacks to keep your energy up throughout the day.</p><h2>3. Are there any items I should leave at home?</h2><p>Avoid bringing large bags or suitcases to the conference, as they can be cumbersome and take up space. You also don't need to bring any cooking tools or products, as Pampered Chef will provide everything you need for hands-on activities and demonstrations.</p><h2>4. Do I need to bring my own lunch, or will it be provided?</h2><p>The conference will provide some meals and snacks, but it's always a good idea to bring some extra snacks or a packed lunch in case you get hungry between meals.</p><h2>5. Any tips for making the most out of the conference?</h2><p>Aside from bringing the essentials, it's important to come with an open mind and a positive attitude. Take advantage of networking opportunities and attend as many workshops and sessions as you can to learn and grow as a consultant. Also, don't forget to have fun and enjoy the experience!</p>

Related to Tips for Making Wave 1 Smoother and Better: What to Bring?

1. What should I bring to make Wave 1 conference smoother and better?

Some essential items to bring to Wave 1 conference include a notebook and pen for taking notes, comfortable shoes for walking around the venue, a reusable water bottle, and a phone charger. It's also a good idea to bring business cards to exchange with fellow consultants and potential customers.

2. Is there anything specific I should bring to the conference?

In addition to the essentials, it's helpful to bring a small bag or tote to carry any free samples or promotional items you may receive. It's also a good idea to bring snacks to keep your energy up throughout the day.

3. Are there any items I should leave at home?

Avoid bringing large bags or suitcases to the conference, as they can be cumbersome and take up space. You also don't need to bring any cooking tools or products, as Pampered Chef will provide everything you need for hands-on activities and demonstrations.

4. Do I need to bring my own lunch, or will it be provided?

The conference will provide some meals and snacks, but it's always a good idea to bring some extra snacks or a packed lunch in case you get hungry between meals.

5. Any tips for making the most out of the conference?

Aside from bringing the essentials, it's important to come with an open mind and a positive attitude. Take advantage of networking opportunities and attend as many workshops and sessions as you can to learn and grow as a consultant. Also, don't forget to have fun and enjoy the experience!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MORFIA
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views