• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Making Wave 1 Smoother and Better: What to Bring?

In summary, if you are packing for Wave 2, you should bring -Moleskin -Ear plugs -A rolling bag or briefcase -An extra pair of shoes -A bottle of water -A small bag of snacks -A mini fan for the room -Tylenol
ameliasurf
hey just wondering if any of you ladies that are at wave 1 wish they would have brought something they didn't think of or something along tat line that would have made your conference go smoother or better! any tips....?

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2Good question.............. Anyone with a good answer??????????????????

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2band-aids.........several years ago I got blisters the first day and had to run around borrowing band-aids!

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2After my first conference I swore I would always bring...
A rolling Briefcase or bag. McCormic place is big and it never fails that you have classes on the opposite sides!
An extra pair of shoes in that bag.
Band aids
a bottle of water and a small bag of snacks.
My mini Fan for the hotel room. It helps keep the air moving and helps drown out the noise of other people sleeping.
Tylenol

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2For blisters Moleskin works better than bandaids. It's really sticky and doesn't come off very easily. If you have a "hot spot" (the point right before a blister) just put the Moleskin right on your foot over the spot. If you have shoes that bother you all the time, I put some inside of the shoe.

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2
ameliasurf said:
hey just wondering if any of you ladies that are at wave 1 wish they would have brought something they didn't think of or something along tat line that would have made your conference go smoother or better! any tips....?

Most excellent question!! I am trying to make my list for what to pack while my kids are napping.

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2ear plugs to drown out snoring room mates ... comfy shoes only & mostly business casual clothes ... energy bars ... buy several bottles of water at a local convenience store when you get there to keep in room & take with you daily .. have fun!!

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2
wadesgirl said:
For blisters Moleskin works better than bandaids. It's really sticky and doesn't come off very easily. If you have a "hot spot" (the point right before a blister) just put the Moleskin right on your foot over the spot. If you have shoes that bother you all the time, I put some inside of the shoe.

So good to know! I will have to look for these this weekend before I pack!

Christ Follower said:
So good to know! I will have to look for these this weekend before I pack!

I share this tip with everyone (it's on another thread too). I just bought a new pack to take with me to conference. I have two pairs of shoes that permantly have mole skin because the shoes irritated my feet.

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2Don't forget business cards to exchange. I would immediately write on the back something about the person so I would remember them (wearing blue shirt, met on bus, etc.)

etteluap70PC said:
After my first conference I swore I would always bring...
A rolling Briefcase or bag. McCormic place is big and it never fails that you have classes on the opposite sides!
Band aids
My mini Fan for the hotel room. It helps keep the air moving and helps drown out the noise of other people sleeping.
Tylenol

I never thought of this!! I sleep with a fan at night (for the noise) and except for the fact that I am so dog tired at conference, I would never sleep! This will help me out...I am putting it on my Word Document that I have of my permenant NC list!

GREAT IDEA!

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2Are the mole skins in the same area as bandaids or somewhere else?

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2are ear plugs really needed? Should I be asking my roomies if they snore?

Becky0216 said:
are ear plugs really needed? Should I be asking my roomies if they snore?

Bring em! If you don't have to use them, great! If you do, you'll be glad you have them.

KellyTheChef said:
I never thought of this!! I sleep with a fan at night (for the noise) and except for the fact that I am so dog tired at conference, I would never sleep! This will help me out...I am putting it on my Word Document that I have of my permenant NC list!

GREAT IDEA!

I have the cutest little fan. It is only about 4" across and 3" deep so It did not take up too much space in my suitcase, or add much weight.

My roomies LOVED IT! I do snore so I brought it as much for them as me. I get stressed I will keep people up and do not sleep myself.

Earplugs are a good idea. You just never know!

Yeah.... were do we find Moleskin?

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2Look for moleskin in the footcare aisle.

etteluap70PC said:
I have the cutest little fan. It is only about 4" across and 3" deep so It did not take up too much space in my suitcase, or add much weight.

My roomies LOVED IT! I do snore so I brought it as much for them as me. I get stressed I will keep people up and do not sleep myself.

Earplugs are a good idea. You just never know!

Yeah.... were do we find Moleskin?

That is just like me! One year I was up til almost 4am tossing and turning to make sure my snore wasn't too loud. :indif: However, one year at Leadership I roomed with someone who made a HUGE deal about not liking the snoring so I was the last to fall asleep...to HER snores!! :rolleyes:

Ahem...Ms. Aviano you know who you are!!:D

Christ Follower said:
Are the mole skins in the same area as bandaids or somewhere else?

Like Linda said, it's in the foot care aisle. It's large sheets of fleece type surface with a sticky backing - If that makes any sense. You do have to cut it down to size but I always just cut on of the sheets into smaller different sized pieces.

Becky0216 said:

Yes, but sometimes ear plugs don't help. I am a very light sleeper but no one in my cluster snores so it was never a problem until.....when we moved I roomed with two ladies that I flew up with. One snored so loudly that my bed shook..I was in the next bed :eek: I am not exaggerating! By the second night I was crying because I was so tired and could not sleep.

It was not something I had ever had to ask about but I do now!

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2tissues take a small pack i have heard Doris speak many times in the 14 years I've been selling and she still makes me cry

GeorgiaPeach said:
Yes, but sometimes ear plugs don't help. I am a very light sleeper but no one in my cluster snores so it was never a problem until.....when we moved I roomed with two ladies that I flew up with. One snored so loudly that my bed shook..I was in the next bed :eek: I am not exaggerating! By the second night I was crying because I was so tired and could not sleep.

It was not something I had ever had to ask about but I do now!

LOL, were we in the same room, because I felt this same way last year!! :cry::cry::cry:Or maybe your girl had a twin and that's who i was with. LOL hehehehe:D

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2I always take - "simply sleep"
its made by tylenol
Yeah I am dog tired but one year I was so OVer tired I could not sleep.
Directions say take 2, I only use 1 and its enough to relax my brain and fall alsleep

etteluap70PC said:
After my first conference I swore I would always bring...
Band aids
Tylenol
A note on rolling bags: try to walk with them close to you. The hallways at Conference are crowded and I've lost track of the number of times people with rolling bags have blithely cut people off and run them over with their bag.

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2:cry:HELP! What has to be in the little baggie for carry on.

I know it says gels/liquids---but what counts/doesn't count. Do I have to put my mascara in the baggie, solid deo., eye/lip liner...and so on. Having a hard time getting it all in that itty bitty bag. Last year I checked my bag & you would have thought the world was going to end---guess that is a big no, no to some.

Thanks!

flemings99 said:
:cry:HELP! What has to be in the little baggie for carry on.

I know it says gels/liquids---but what counts/doesn't count. Do I have to put my mascara in the baggie, solid deo., eye/lip liner...and so on. Having a hard time getting it all in that itty bitty bag. Last year I checked my bag & you would have thought the world was going to end---guess that is a big no, no to some.

Thanks!

I pulled this off the TSA | Transportation Security Administration | U.S. Department of Homeland Security web site:

Air travelers may now carry liquids, gels and aerosols in their carry-on bag when going through security checkpoints.

With certain exceptions for prescription and over-the-counter medicines, baby formula, breast milk, and juice, and other essential liquids, gels, and aerosols, the following rules apply to all liquids, gels, and aerosols you want to carry through a security checkpoint.

All liquids, gels and aerosols must be in three-ounce or smaller containers. Larger containers that are half-full or toothpaste tubes rolled up are not allowed. Each container must be three ounces or smaller.

All liquids, gels and aerosols must be placed in a single, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag. Gallon size bags or bags that are not zip-top such as fold-over sandwich bags are not allowed. Each traveler can use only one, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag.

Each traveler must remove their quart-sized plastic, zip-top bag from their carry-on and place it in a bin or on the conveyor belt for X-ray screening. X-raying separately will allow TSA security officers to more easily examine the declared items.

Please keep in mind that these rules were developed after extensive research and understanding of current threats. They are intended to help air travelers bring essential toiletries and other liquids, gels and aerosols for short trips. If you need larger amounts of liquids, gels and aerosols such as toothpaste or shampoo, please place them in your luggage and check them with your airline.

To ensure the health and welfare of certain air travelers, in the absence of suspicious activity or items, greater than 3 ounces of the following liquids, gels and aerosols are permitted through the security checkpoint in reasonable quantities for the duration of your itinerary (all exceptions must be presented to the security officer in front of the checkpoint):

Baby formula, breast milk, and juice if a baby or small child is traveling;
All prescription and over-the-counter medications (liquids, gels, and aerosols) including KY jelly, eye drops, and saline solution for medical purposes;
Liquids including water, juice, or liquid nutrition or gels for passengers with a disability or medical condition;
Life-support and life-sustaining liquids such as bone marrow, blood products, and transplant organs;
Items used to augment the body for medical or cosmetic reasons such as mastectomy products, prosthetic breasts, bras or shells containing gels, saline solution, or other liquids; and,
Frozen gels/liquids are permitted if required to cool medical and infant/child exemptions. Frozen gels/liquids for any other purpose are not permitted.
You are allowed reasonable amounts over 3 ounces of the items above in your carry-on baggage, but you will need to perform the following:

Separate these items from the liquids, gels, and aerosols in your quart-size and zip-top bag.
Declare you have the items to one of our Security Officers at the security checkpoint.
Present these items for additional inspection once reaching the X-ray. These items are subject to additional screening.
We have also taken steps to ensure the security boarding areas after you pass through our security checkpoints. Therefore, any liquid, gel, or aerosol purchased (such as coffee or soda) in the secure area after you process through a security checkpoint is allowed aboard your plane.

Personally, when traveling to Leadership, I did put my mascara, lip gloss, lip stick, moisturizer & eye drops in my baggie. Hope this helps.

wadesgirl said:
Like Linda said, it's in the foot care aisle. It's large sheets of fleece type surface with a sticky backing - If that makes any sense. You do have to cut it down to size but I always just cut on of the sheets into smaller different sized pieces.

Just picked them up today. Now I either have to cut them ahead of time or remember to bring a pair of scissors with me.:thumbup:

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2I Always Bring My Slippers And Wear Them All Through Conference!!!

Becky0216 said:

OMG...I snore and I can't help it! But I always worn my roomies WAY ahead of time. I think I may pack earplugs for them!

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2Yeah my first conference AIM (no longer a vendor) was selling rolling bags and people were getting really wild with them. You do need to use a bit of extra caution in crowds.

Something I would NEVER take again.... my laptop. It was just too heavy and took up too much space and I never used it.

Chef Kearns said:
That is just like me! One year I was up til almost 4am tossing and turning to make sure my snore wasn't too loud. :indif: However, one year at Leadership I roomed with someone who made a HUGE deal about not liking the snoring so I was the last to fall asleep...to HER snores!! :rolleyes:

Ahem...Ms. Aviano you know who you are!!:D

Uh, I was in that room too...and she wasn't the only one snoring (ahem, ahem) ;)

etteluap70PC said:
Yeah my first conference AIM (no longer a vendor) was selling rolling bags and people were getting really wild with them. You do need to use a bit of extra caution in crowds.

Something I would NEVER take again.... my laptop. It was just too heavy and took up too much space and I never used it.

I have to bring mine... I have a host that is closing her show on tuesday and I want to transmit before midnight si it is on the next payday....:grumpy:

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2closing a show is the only reason I would ever bring it again.

erinyourpclady said:
OMG...I snore and I can't help it! But I always worn my roomies WAY ahead of time. I think I may pack earplugs for them!

That's sweet of you to do! :thumbup::thumbup:

SUSANDISCOCAIAFA said:
I Always Bring My Slippers And Wear Them All Through Conference!!!

What kind of slippers are they?

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2Having just gotten back, I will tell you I didn't wish I had taken much more than what I took. I had one regular sized carry on piece of rolling luggage. I should have taken one more of each of my undergarments. Lots of walking and getting really hot. It feels better to be clean for Executive banquet. Sorry if TMI.

I took 5 water bottles and needed every single one. I replaced the room in my suitcase with brand new packs of mini catalogs for the way home along with other things that I won't be sharing with you right now.

I brought an extra pair of sandals so I didn't have to wear the same shoes two days in a row. Stinky feet.... I brought only one extra shirt to change into for the banquet. I only had two pairs of capris with me. Just fine. I brought only one jacket and my umbrella. Needed the jacket but not the umbrella. I happened to miss the rain by minutes. I'd still bring it next time. I probably didn't need to bring my bag that we received last year, but I really like all the pockets and it was useful for me. Not necassarily necessary, though.

So excited for all of you who have yet to go to conference. You are going to love it. Each general session gets better!

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2Just got back too and HAD A BLAST!!!!! Here's my bring/don't bring list:

Really glad I brought:
Sweater
Snacks
Water bottle
Earplugs
My prescription migraine meds
A nice dress and shoes for Banquet: I didn't walk, but it was nice to dress up with everyone else!

Wish I had brought
Very comfortable walking shoes, with inserts
Bandaids/moleskin
Aleve/Tylenol
Backpack: the tote is nice, but it's one shoulder only
Folding luggage cart and bungee cords for schlepping around the surprise boxes
Camera

Don't bother:
Gym clothes: up too early/to bed too late for a workout
A lot of cash
Cute but uncomfortable shoes (other than for banquet)

HAVE FUN WAVE 2 AND 3!

etteluap70PC said:
Yeah my first conference AIM (no longer a vendor) was selling rolling bags and people were getting really wild with them. You do need to use a bit of extra caution in crowds.

I was going to bring my laptop, but leave it at the hotel like I did last year. Unfortunately my laptop has decided for me that it doesn't want to go. It's screen/monitor is about to go kaput. :cry: I can tell it's on its way out. AFter reading through some Dell forums, it seems that it's the inverter or backlight or something like that (whatever the heck THOSE are). Of course it's not under warranty any more so I need to explore getting it replaced and see if it's worth it to do that or just buy a new one.

Sorry for the rant....I'm mad at my laptop. The biggest thing I liked it for was checking emails and seeing sales that come in while I'm at conference. I let my roomies use it too. Unless it's fixed before Wednesday, it'll stay home or be at the repair shop. Bad, bad laptop.:mad: (If anyone has had similar problems, please let me know. The screen only works when I"m going off the battery because it is dimmed).

pamperedbecky said:
(If anyone has had similar problems, please let me know. The screen only works when I"m going off the battery because it is dimmed).

Becky, I also have a Dell and am having similar problems. My screen goes completely black though, and it only works when I'm running off the battery and its not plugged in, however my battery is pretty much dead and only lasts 10 minutes fully charged, so it makes using my laptop almost impossible.

I have no advice as far as how to fix it, but thought I'd let you know I understand your frustrations.

chefbritt said:
Becky, I also have a Dell and am having similar problems. My screen goes completely black though, and it only works when I'm running off the battery and its not plugged in, however my battery is pretty much dead and only lasts 10 minutes fully charged, so it makes using my laptop almost impossible.

I have no advice as far as how to fix it, but thought I'd let you know I understand your frustrations.

Yep, that's my same problem exactly-my screen going black. NOt while I'm using the battery though - although luckily my battery lasts a while longer than yours.:grumpy: I've looked at a few things on the Dell forums and those problems I mentioned seemed to be what others suggested to other people. Ugggg. I'm going to explore getting it at least checked out on Monday. Good luck with yours!! My screen sometimes flickers now even just on the battery, so I can tell it's going to get worse.:(

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2Susan - If I had gotten to actually see you I would have shared my Aleve.

I packed VERY light. My purse, laptop and one very small rolling suitcase. I was fine all conference. Last year I overpacked and this year was just fine. I forgot a jacket/sweater but my mom lent me a cardigan. I wore it all 3 days - good to have - some rooms are cold but outside was beautiful except for the downpour. I got soaked BUT DID NOT MELT! :)

I thought the food was good this year, both breakfast meals equally good!

Have a blast guys! I'll post more when I'm finally back home in a few days.

Beth - if you get online - don't forget to call Monday morning - kids are looking forward to meeting you.

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2hey janet, we did meet...i was at the M&G sitting next to you for all of 10 mins before i had to zonk out. Thanks for the retroactive offer though!

can't wait till wave 3 is over so we can dish dish dish!

susanr613 said:
hey janet, we did meet...i was at the M&G sitting next to you for all of 10 mins before i had to zonk out. Thanks for the retroactive offer though!

can't wait till wave 3 is over so we can dish dish dish!

I'm sorry Susan! My arrival was a blur since I was late! Got it!
I hope not feeling well didn't spoil your conference!

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2well it was a bummer not to be able to hang out late, but i enjoyed NC just the same. already have promised myself i will be 30 pounds lighter and several commission points/overrides heavier (director) next NC ;-)

susanr613 said:
well it was a bummer not to be able to hang out late, but i enjoyed NC just the same. already have promised myself i will be 30 pounds lighter and several commission points/overrides heavier (director) next NC ;-)

What? Seriously? I can't imagine why! We need to be able to see you. Please, don't disappear.

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2oh jae you're too kind <blush> and thank you for reminding me we met in the elevator :)

susanr613 said:
oh jae you're too kind <blush> and thank you for reminding me we met in the elevator :)

Actually Susan - I thought you were a petite little thing.....:)

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2he he he you saw me in my slimming dress with shapewear, not the tight capris ;-)

susanr613 said:
he he he you saw me in my slimming dress with shapewear, not the tight capris ;-)
Get me some of that shapewear. It seems to be doing a great job for you.

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2I CANNOT WAIT TO GO TO CONFERENCE NOW!!!! Wave 3 stinks!

Re: Things you wish you had taken but didn't..... tips for bringing stuff for wave 2I think I'd be anxious if I had to wait for wave 3, too. Try not to find out about stuff from Wave 1 and 2. It's so fun to be surprised.

<h2>1. What should I bring to make Wave 1 conference smoother and better?</h2><p>Some essential items to bring to Wave 1 conference include a notebook and pen for taking notes, comfortable shoes for walking around the venue, a reusable water bottle, and a phone charger. It's also a good idea to bring business cards to exchange with fellow consultants and potential customers.</p><h2>2. Is there anything specific I should bring to the conference?</h2><p>In addition to the essentials, it's helpful to bring a small bag or tote to carry any free samples or promotional items you may receive. It's also a good idea to bring snacks to keep your energy up throughout the day.</p><h2>3. Are there any items I should leave at home?</h2><p>Avoid bringing large bags or suitcases to the conference, as they can be cumbersome and take up space. You also don't need to bring any cooking tools or products, as Pampered Chef will provide everything you need for hands-on activities and demonstrations.</p><h2>4. Do I need to bring my own lunch, or will it be provided?</h2><p>The conference will provide some meals and snacks, but it's always a good idea to bring some extra snacks or a packed lunch in case you get hungry between meals.</p><h2>5. Any tips for making the most out of the conference?</h2><p>Aside from bringing the essentials, it's important to come with an open mind and a positive attitude. Take advantage of networking opportunities and attend as many workshops and sessions as you can to learn and grow as a consultant. Also, don't forget to have fun and enjoy the experience!</p>

1. What should I bring to make Wave 1 conference smoother and better?

Some essential items to bring to Wave 1 conference include a notebook and pen for taking notes, comfortable shoes for walking around the venue, a reusable water bottle, and a phone charger. It's also a good idea to bring business cards to exchange with fellow consultants and potential customers.

2. Is there anything specific I should bring to the conference?

In addition to the essentials, it's helpful to bring a small bag or tote to carry any free samples or promotional items you may receive. It's also a good idea to bring snacks to keep your energy up throughout the day.

3. Are there any items I should leave at home?

Avoid bringing large bags or suitcases to the conference, as they can be cumbersome and take up space. You also don't need to bring any cooking tools or products, as Pampered Chef will provide everything you need for hands-on activities and demonstrations.

4. Do I need to bring my own lunch, or will it be provided?

The conference will provide some meals and snacks, but it's always a good idea to bring some extra snacks or a packed lunch in case you get hungry between meals.

5. Any tips for making the most out of the conference?

Aside from bringing the essentials, it's important to come with an open mind and a positive attitude. Take advantage of networking opportunities and attend as many workshops and sessions as you can to learn and grow as a consultant. Also, don't forget to have fun and enjoy the experience!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Janice Stroud
Replies
Views