• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Hosting a Fun & Successful Holiday Show!

I think you would be successful doing a themed show around Christmas. Offer gift giving or entertaining ideas as well.
GourmetGirl
Silver Member
How do you do Holiday Shows? I would love to offer these, but am kind of clueless at how the format of the show should be. I would love to hear how you do it and what you feel is most successful. TIA!

bump... anyone have any suggestions?

The only one I have done last year was the Batter Bowl Mix class. It was fun and laid back.

I think I read others coming up with special Holiday Recipe selections OR to offer Gift Giving or Entertaining Ideas during your Show.

Would LOVE for someone who has had success answer this one! :)

Sorry, Alison. I don't necessarily do anything different for shows during the holidays. I toss Candy Cane Kisses instead of dark chocolate. I make the gift set brochures available. That's about it.

I do not do much differently either. I do toss Christmas candy and have games that relate to Christmas but that is about all I do differently. I was going to do a "themed" one last year but it got cancelled.

stefani2 said:
The only one I have done last year was the Batter Bowl Mix class. It was fun and laid back.

I think I read others coming up with special Holiday Recipe selections OR to offer Gift Giving or Entertaining Ideas during your Show.

Would LOVE for someone who has had success answer this one! :)

Can you summarize what you do for the Batter Bowl Mix class?

I'm sorry, you "throw" candy.... what's up with that? It's probably obvious since 2 of you said it, but I'm still confused! :blushing:

I did the Homemade for the Holidays shows last year and everyone loved them. Everyone went home with a pretzel wreath. They thought it was a lot of fun.

Cookie Swap:

Guests are asked to bring 1 dozen cookies and their favorite recipe to share! We’ll swap cookies guests bring and the cookies made at the show.

I will showcase our baking stones and give some tips on how to make your cookies perfect every time! This is a hands-on kind of show. Guests are encouraged to join in the fun by using our cookie press, making cutouts, and decorating! And that’s just the beginning!

I’ll also type up the guests recipes and attach them to each receipt so everyone can share those too!

This show is a fun way to build your cookie library, eat some yummy cookies, AND learn some helpful tips!

Gather up your friends and family and we’ll gobble up some yummy cookies!

Take a little dough, some sugar, special ingredients, and a fair amount of TLC, what could be simpler? – Put it all together and you end up with a mouthful of joy!

ChefPaulaB said:
I'm sorry, you "throw" candy.... what's up with that? It's probably obvious since 2 of you said it, but I'm still confused! :blushing:
I pelt the people in attendance with sweets. Just kidding. I play the "Have it! Love it! Got a question!" game. When I mention a product, the first person to yell out "Have it! Love it!" gets a candy. I use Hershey Kisses. I also toss a kiss to anyone who asks a question about a product or the business.I love doing the game. It allows the guests to sell the products to one another. It makes the show really interactive, and there is lots of laughter as people compete for kisses.

DebbieJ said:
I did the Homemade for the Holidays shows last year and everyone loved them. Everyone went home with a pretzel wreath. They thought it was a lot of fun.

How did you format the show? The format is where I get a little confused and nervous... tia!

I did a demo, but I demoed the cranberry bark and showed how to wrap it up on a plate with cellophane and a bow. Worked well.

Then you just had a station set up and they made their own wreaths?

jrstephens said:
I do not do much differently either. I do toss Christmas candy and have games that relate to Christmas but that is about all I do differently. I was going to do a "themed" one last year but it got cancelled.

Jennifer, would you mind sharing your Christmas related games? TIA!

This is my first holiday season as a consultant. But I am going to really show & explain a lot of our baking items. A lot of people bake around here, so I will give special attention to our scoops, stones, pastry mat, pastry cutter, egg seperator, cookie press, baking sheets, etc.
I did that at my last show & talked 3 people into buying the small scoops b/c their cookies will come out the same size.. :)

I can't do the Hershey Kiss thing. I would end up eating them all on the way to my show! ;)

This will be my 1st holiday season with PC but i came up with a cool idea that seems to go over great (well so far ) i have each guest bring one or two ornaments and we do a ornament swap it kinda gets people in the holiday spirit and so far my hosts have loved it

I just had a girl call me wanting to do a holiday show but she didn't want me to demo. She said they all knew how to cook and just wanted to see a catalog and for me to bring some ideas for Christmas gifts. I suggested that maybe I could bring a dessert in the triffle bowl and she's making hot cocoa. :)

For the holidays I put M&Ms in the prep bowl and wrap it with a ribbon. I put some Brach's Christmas Nougats in a SA Small Square Bowl, wrapped it with plastic wrap and tied it with a ribbon. I put some Lindt Truffles on one of the Holiday Appetizer Plates, wrapped it with cellophane and tied it with a ribbon. Each of these gifts is well below $10 each, provided, of course, that you don't fill them with caviar or gold dust. ;)

GourmetGirl said:
How did you format the show? The format is where I get a little confused and nervous... tia!

I would like to know as well, I'm hoping to do a Holiday Open House and inviting my neighbors. Any suggestions?

raebates said:
For the holidays I put M&Ms in the prep bowl and wrap it with a ribbon. I put some Brach's Christmas Nougats in a SA Small Square Bowl, wrapped it with plastic wrap and tied it with a ribbon. I put some Lindt Truffles on one of the Holiday Appetizer Plates, wrapped it with cellophane and tied it with a ribbon. Each of these gifts is well below $10 each, provided, of course, that you don't fill them with caviar or gold dust. ;)
Great ideas, thanks!

I keep my format the same as for a regular show or open house. I just make sure I provide gift ideas--both with samples and with pamphlets or flyers.

I am doing an open house - sent out invites - will have PC desserts already prepared on display and then I will take my PC items and display them in "gift-set bundles" and I am offering discounts if you buy the bundle. I have also invited over some other girls that sell jewelry, candles and Mary Kay and have marketed it as a Customer Appreciation Holiday Party - kind of a one stop shopping for my customers - there is a lot of excitement - we'll see how it works out - I actually used the Homemade for the Holidays invite template for my invites! - Good Luck!

Related to Tips for Hosting a Fun & Successful Holiday Show!

1. What are some ways to make my holiday show more interactive and engaging?

One way to make your holiday show more interactive is to have guests participate in hands-on activities, such as cooking demonstrations or DIY projects. You can also incorporate games or raffles to keep guests entertained and engaged.

2. How can I encourage my guests to make purchases at the holiday show?

Offering special discounts or promotions during the holiday show is a great way to incentivize guests to make purchases. You can also showcase the top-selling products and share their benefits to encourage guests to buy them.

3. What are some tips for promoting my holiday show?

Utilize social media and email marketing to promote your holiday show. You can also create flyers or posters to hang up in your local community. Don't forget to personally invite friends, family, and coworkers to attend.

4. How can I make my holiday show stand out from other events during the busy holiday season?

Offer unique and exclusive products that are only available at your holiday show. You can also incorporate a festive theme or offer special holiday treats and drinks to create a memorable experience for your guests.

5. What are some ways to thank my guests for attending the holiday show?

You can send thank-you notes or emails to your guests, offering discounts or promotions for future purchases. You can also hold a post-show raffle or giveaway to show your appreciation for their support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Rosechef
  • krusacbeth
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen