• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for Holiday Baking Theme Show.

In summary, the host wants to do a cookie exchange, decorating cookies, and baking gift ideas like the batter bowl w/measuring spoons & cinnamon or cookie sheets with spatula & sprinkle or pie plate with cut-n-serve & pie gate.
AJPratt
Silver Member
For most this would seem self-explanatory, but for me I am drawing a blank. I even did a search and went several pages deep and didn't see anything. Do you have any ideas for my host that wants to do a Holiday Baking theme? And, how would I go about doing this?

How about a cookie exchange, decorating cookies, baking gift ideas like the batter bowl w/measuring spoons & cinnamon or cookie sheets with spatula & sprinkle or pie plate with cut-n-serve & pie gate. Does that help a little?

Defintely use the cookie press. I did the Cranberry Almond Crunch last year and it was a hit too! Try looking at the Homemade for the Holidays themem show and good luck!

Hi, Chefa! That is a help. I have never done anything like that.

chefa said:
How about a cookie exchange, decorating cookies, baking gift ideas like the batter bowl w/measuring spoons & cinnamon or cookie sheets with spatula & sprinkle or pie plate with cut-n-serve & pie gate. Does that help a little?

No offense Chefa... but the cookies would already be made when they arrived for the party if it was a cookie exchange! She needs to sell them the stuff :)

AJPratt said:
For most this would seem self-explanatory, but for me I am drawing a blank. I even did a search and went several pages deep and didn't see anything. Do you have any ideas for my host that wants to do a Holiday Baking theme? And, how would I go about doing this?

How about the mini-muffin pan? You could do a choc chip and use the mini tart shaper, then insert kisses, nuts, etc into the centers. Lots of possibilities with the mini muffin pan.

I've wondered if bringing pre-baked mini muffins and cupcakes and just bring ALL the decorator stuff along would be a fun party for the Holidays.. there's the sprinkles and the spreaders and the bottles and the easy decorator.. and all the prep bowls. maybe even some more utensils? show them off on some Holiday Dots dishes? use knives to cut gumdrops?

Of course I would mention HOW they were all baked of course.

I have a host who wants to do the same thing, but she has definite ideas on what we'll make. She wants an easy fudge, a pie and some cookies. She'll have the pie made ahead in one of our stones...the fudge will be fast and the cookies will be made while the guests are there so they can play with our tools.

How does this idea sound?
I live in a retirement community and I plan to have a class on making the mini-batter bowl recipes. The class fee will pay for the ingredients and the bowl, and we'll all make them together. Using the measuring tools etc. I'll have one prepared, and make it at the beginning, then while it is cooking everyone can fill a bowl and decorate it with ribbon or something. Then they can order more batter bowls and any other cool tools they have decided they need for themselves or as gifts.Actually, I better get on the stick and start collecting and formatting recipes.

You could make some Pumpkin Muffins in the mini-muffin pan. I found a really great recipe: 1 box of spice cake mix and 1 can of pumpkin. That's all you need, no egg, no oil... you could sprinkle the top of them with some Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkle for a little crunch. When they are done you could eat them plain or serve them with some cream cheese that would make them taste even better.

This recipe would allow you to show many of our products: Mini-Muffin Pan, Stainless Steel Scoop, Batter Bowl, Smooth Edge Can Opener, Mix 'N Scraper and some of our serving pieces.

chefa said:

That's a great idea. Everyone could bring their favorite cookie recipe made and ready to exchange and then as the demo you could do one or two types (one could be a bar cookie) to add to the exchange. I think I may offer this for December shows.

I've done very successful cookie exchange parties the past 2 years. Have guest bring cookies to trade but then we make a couple recipes at the show. We've done brownie pops, fudge, peppermint sandwich cookies (sb a few years ago), hot chocolate/coffee bar, and more. Guest loved it!

Attachments

• Holiday Beverage Bar.doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 655
  • holiday_festive_recipes.pdf
    356.8 KB · Views: 704
  • Theme Shows.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 822
  • turtlepretzel_recipe.pdf
    125 KB · Views: 529
  • HolidayIdeasTipSheet.doc
    27 KB · Views: 882
BlueMoon said:
I live in a retirement community and I plan to have a class on making the mini-batter bowl recipes. The class fee will pay for the ingredients and the bowl, and we'll all make them together. Using the measuring tools etc.
Marghi - are you going to get them to register a couple weeks before-hand so you can order enough batter bowls?

BlueMoon said:
I live in a retirement community and I plan to have a class on making the mini-batter bowl recipes. The class fee will pay for the ingredients and the bowl, and we'll all make them together. Using the measuring tools etc.

I'll have one prepared, and make it at the beginning, then while it is cooking everyone can fill a bowl and decorate it with ribbon or something. Then they can order more batter bowls and any other cool tools they have decided they need for themselves or as gifts.

Actually, I better get on the stick and start collecting and formatting recipes.

Marghi, look under Consultants Corner, Products and Recipes, Theme Cooking Shows, Theme Show Archives, Fall/Winter 2007. There are Batter Bowl Recipes and recipes to print off.
F/W 2008 had some great recipes for Homemade for the Holidays, too. :thumbup:

Thanks so much for the great ideas!!

There were more batter bowl recipies a couple years ago in the Winter season's best. Also, any quart-jar make ahead recipe will work.

Oh, yeah... I did see that.

JackieB999 said:
How about the mini-muffin pan? You could do a choc chip and use the mini tart shaper, then insert kisses, nuts, etc into the centers. Lots of possibilities with the mini muffin pan.

Ooooohhhh yum!

1. What are some popular holiday baking themes?

Some popular holiday baking themes include gingerbread, peppermint, sugar and spice, and winter wonderland.

2. Can I incorporate non-traditional flavors into my holiday baking theme?

Absolutely! You can get creative and try incorporating unique flavors like eggnog, cranberry, or even pumpkin into your holiday baking theme.

3. How can I make my holiday baking theme show interactive for guests?

One idea is to have a cookie decorating station where guests can decorate their own holiday cookies. You could also have a hot chocolate bar or a make-your-own holiday dessert station.

4. Are there any must-have tools or products for a successful holiday baking theme show?

Some must-have tools for holiday baking include a rolling pin, cookie cutters, piping bags and tips, and a sturdy baking sheet. As for products, holiday-themed sprinkles and decorations, as well as festive cookie cutters, can add a special touch to your holiday treats.

5. How can I incorporate Pampered Chef products into my holiday baking theme show?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that are perfect for holiday baking, such as the Cookie Press, Pastry Blender, and Stoneware Baking Sheet. You can also showcase our holiday-themed baking sets or demonstrate how our products make baking easier and more efficient.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • NewtoMom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • krusacbeth