• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Wants "Homemade for the Holidays"

In summary, the host is interested in the Homemade for the Holidays theme show, but hasn't tried any of the recipes yet. They want to do a savory dish, but don't know what to do. I talked with them and offered to do the Turtle Pretzel Candies as well as talk about gift giving and making meal time easier during the crazy holiday season.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a host who is interested in the Homemade for the Holidays theme show. Unfortunately I haven't tried any of the recipes yet. I need to talk to her tomorrow and now I don't know what to say. Do I confess that I haven't tried them out yet? I've read the posts about the brownie lollipops, so I'm nervous to offer that recipe. What about the turtle pretzel candies--would that be better? I wonder if doing this will allow me the opportunity to showcase things like stoneware and the forged cutlery. Would you just have fun making the recipe, and then showcase the other items later? I'd love to be able to go into how to make meal time easier during the crazy holiday season. So would this be a side conversation?

I would go with the turtle candy thingys... they are way more fool proof than the brownie pops. And as for the rest of it, I think that you have the right idea!
Also, a good idea to talk about gift ideas using PC products, like batter bowl mixes, Prep bowl gifts, ect. Look at the awesome package ideas on CC as well, and talk about those, If you can have ome examples of these ideas at your show, that is pretty powerful to! (A batter bowl mix already prepared and decorated)

I talked with the host and offered to do the turtle pretzel candies plus talk about gift giving, and also about making meal time easier during the crazy holiday times. Well, she sounded undecided on things. SHe said she also wants to offer a savory dish. I told her that I really like to stick to one dish for the demo, but that she or I could make something easy that was made ahead of time for a second item. What do you think would be a great side item that could be served that would be a savory item to have at a homemade for the holidays theme show?

I agree - go with the Turtle Candies. Also, try last season's recipes too - the Batter Bowl mixes, and they pretzel wreaths, etc. The Crispy Cranberry Bark is great too. I sold a tonne of batter bowls last year thanks to the mixes! Don't forget to bring examples of the prep bowls as gifts (put in things like candies, hot chocolate mix, etc. and top with the neat little label that's on CC). And Chef Kari has a great sample of taking the petite squares, putting in a Ferrero Roche and then wrapping in cello wrap with a pretty bow. Makes a cute hostess gift or the like. Or you can even put in a tea light candle in place of the chocolate, or set the chocolate on the candle....

Have fun with it.

I love the info you gave, and plan to run with it. Now, what about the issue with the Savory item?

Put a pork tenderloin in the DCB before guests arrive -- 10 min. in the microwave and no work on your part.

do the Greek Cheese Torta, but put it into Prep Bowls instead of the Batter Bowl - and make individual little tortas. Again, attach neat label from CC and then wrap in bow. Perfect hostess gift with attached with the bamboo spreader (or beaded spreader).

How about a Christmas tree veggie pizza...you take 2 cans of unrolled crescent rolls, each cut into 16 slices for a total of 32 slices, do one can at a time so they stay chilled. On your large round stone put on circle of dough at the top, then two in a row, then 3 in a row and so on until you have 7 rows of dough circles, then put 2 rows of 2 for the trunk at the bottom. Bake at 375 until lightly golden brown, I think it is around 20-22 min.
Then you make the cream cheese base...1 8 oz. cream cheese softened, plus 1 1/2 Tb. mayo and 1-2 Tb dill mix and mix, use large spreader to spread cream ch. mixture on your cooled crust. Chop broccoli finely, guessing half of the head, and spread on top. Slice red pepper strips and put on your "tree" so it looks like garland. Next put small little "snowballs" of cauliflower and red tomatoes for your "ornaments" and a red star shaped red or yellow pepper for the star on top of your tree. Grate some parmesan on top for more "snow"or use the dreaded "canned" parmesan for a look of "real" snow. I make this ahead of time and unveal it at the show and get lots of wows. I have made it during my shows too. It looks so pretty! Give it a try.
Deb

Does anyone have some suggestions on simplifying the Turtle Pretzel candies? I made a practice batch the other day and it seemed so complicated with timing each layer of goo correctly so it hardens right. I did put the chocolate in a ziplock and piped it that way, that helped. But the caramel mixture was just a mess.
I am having an Open House tomorrow and plan to have these on hand for my guests to try... Please let me know.

Does anyone have some suggestions on simplifying the Turtle Pretzel candies? I made a practice batch the other day and it seemed so complicated with timing each layer of goo correctly so it hardens right. I did put the chocolate in a ziplock and piped it that way, that helped. But the caramel mixture was just a mess.
I am having an Open House tomorrow and plan to have these on hand for my guests to try... Please let me know.

I've been a consultant for over 4 years. I have been a member of this site since then and I never post anything. I guess I feel like I don't have a lot to share, but I do with this recipe. We do a quick turtle similar to this one, but it is so much easier and EVERYONE loves it. I take the small pretzels and place a rolo on top of the pretzel and bake it in the oven for a few minutes. Once the rolo is cooled, I press the pecan on top. They look great and taste even better. I have done these for 4 years and no one can guess what they are. I always say "unwrapping the rolos is the hardest part of this recipe" This may not be what you are looking for, but this is my lazy easy way and it impresses customers so much more because anyone can do this recipe.

At each show I do I like to do something in the deep covered baker - especially the chicken - because seeing is believing - and this way it is also a timer to keep me from going too long - I usually sell 2-3 a show when I use it and there is your main dish!

1. What is "Homemade for the Holidays"?

"Homemade for the Holidays" is a special collection of products from Pampered Chef that includes everything you need to create delicious and festive holiday meals and treats.

2. How can I host a "Homemade for the Holidays" party?

Hosting a "Homemade for the Holidays" party is easy! Simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant and they will help you choose a date and send you all the necessary materials to host a successful party.

3. What are the benefits of hosting a "Homemade for the Holidays" party?

As a host of a "Homemade for the Holidays" party, you can earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host rewards. It's also a great way to spend time with friends and family and get into the holiday spirit!

4. Can I customize the menu for my "Homemade for the Holidays" party?

Absolutely! Your Pampered Chef consultant can work with you to create a personalized menu that fits your guests' dietary preferences and holiday traditions.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions for "Homemade for the Holidays" party hosts?

Yes, as a host of a "Homemade for the Holidays" party, you can take advantage of our exclusive host specials, which include discounted products and bundles specifically designed for holiday cooking and entertaining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • lauraP2000
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • keynibear