• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thinking of Mailing Your Bags to the Hotel To...

Just logged back in. OMG!!:eek: I just have a small Rav4 and will have a car full of stuff from our visit with family in WI prior to conference. ...but there will be a little room. I don't think you want to take the chance of your stuff getting lost en-route to me though. And you'd have to come to the Sheraton to get them - I am not driving in Chicago any more than I need to.:rolleyes:So I should leave the steamer trunk at home?
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
avoid those airline charges for bags?

Be aware that the hotels may charge to accept them. This is noted on our reservation confirmation with the Sheraton.

Package Handling Policy
There is a package handling fee for all incoming and outbound packages. Please contact the hotel directly for the exact fee.

I've been mailing packages to my sister recently, and postage is not cheap. I can't imagine that you would save that much money by shipping your luggage ahead. What method are you suggesting that would provide a savings? UPS? USPS? How many bags are you taking to conference?

EpTxGuy said:
I've been mailing packages to my sister recently, and postage is not cheap. I can't imagine that you would save that much money by shipping your luggage ahead. What method are you suggesting that would provide a savings? UPS? USPS? How many bags are you taking to conference?

Exactly. It would not be cheaper for most even without the extra hotel charges. I know my BIL does this to avoid dealing with his luggage at the airport so I thought I'd bring it up in case anyone was considering the option.

For me: I wouldn't trust that my clothes would even make it there in time. lol Fortunately I'm driving so I don't have to worry but for those flying... do the math before getting creative.;)

BethCooks4U said:
For me: I wouldn't trust that my clothes would even make it there in time. lol Fortunately I'm driving so I don't have to worry but for those flying... do the math before getting creative.;)

Great idea. I'll mail all my bags to you, and you can bring them in the car. Come on Wave 3 Cheffers, lets all get on band wagon!!!
Just kidding, please do not mail your bags to Beth. I can just see Beth driving a semi truck full of luggage to Chicago! :eek:

EpTxGuy said:
Great idea. I'll mail all my bags to you, and you can bring them in the car. Come on Wave 3 Cheffers, lets all get on band wagon!!!
Just kidding, please do not mail your bags to Beth. I can just see Beth driving a semi truck full of luggage to Chicago! :eek:

Bahahahaah!!!:eek:

Beth hasn't responded yet, do you think she's fainted?

EpTxGuy said:
Beth hasn't responded yet, do you think she's fainted?

Just logged back in. OMG!!:eek: I just have a small Rav4 and will have a car full of stuff from our visit with family in WI prior to conference. ...but there will be a little room. I don't think you want to take the chance of your stuff getting lost en-route to me though. And you'd have to come to the Sheraton to get them - I am not driving in Chicago any more than I need to.:rolleyes:

So I should leave the steamer trunk at home?

Related to Thinking of Mailing Your Bags to the Hotel To...

1. Can I mail my bags to the hotel before my arrival?

Yes, most hotels allow guests to send their luggage to the hotel before their arrival. However, it is important to check with the specific hotel beforehand to confirm their policies and any fees that may apply.

2. How much does it cost to mail my bags to the hotel?

The cost of mailing your bags to the hotel may vary depending on the weight and size of your bags, as well as the shipping carrier and method you choose. It is best to contact the shipping carrier directly for a quote or to compare rates.

3. Will the hotel hold onto my bags if I mail them before my arrival?

Most hotels will hold onto your bags if you mail them before your arrival. However, it is important to confirm this with the hotel beforehand, as some hotels may have limited storage space and may not be able to hold onto your bags for an extended period of time.

4. Can I track my bags if I mail them to the hotel?

Yes, most shipping carriers provide tracking information for packages. Be sure to keep your tracking number and check the status of your shipment to ensure it arrives at the hotel on time.

5. Are there any items I should not mail to the hotel?

It is generally not recommended to mail valuable items such as jewelry or important documents to the hotel, as there is a risk of loss or damage during shipping. It is also important to check with the hotel beforehand to confirm if they have any restrictions on items that can be mailed to their property.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • colegrovet
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • PampMomof3