• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Omg.. Hotel Booking Nightmare!!!!!!!!!

In summary, the hotel refused to give a refund for the original booking even though it was the wrong day. They also have a policy stating that any changes or cancellations may result in fees.
colegrovet
Gold Member
sorry gotta vent....

got a hotel room through travelocity for my daughters graduation from college.
found out I had the wrong day booked... changed the day and was bill for the original day along with the correct day... Called to find out how to get my money back and was told it was their policy to not give refunds.

6th line of agreement states: Any changes to or cancellation of your GoodBuy reservation may result in fees up to the full cost of your stay.

hotel policy at the bottom states.. Any changes to, or cancellation of this booking are subject to a cancellation penalty. This includes a 1 night room charge plus applicable fees and taxes.

well my penalty was the whole nights fee.... Talked to supervisor at Travelocity and was told tough luck is so many words.. along with do not call the hotel, they won't help me.. After telling me not to call the hotel directly I did and all I got was a sympathetic ear.. That was my first and last time using them..

Okay I feel a little better... but still very POed....

Sorry this happened to you!
For this reason, I would never go through anyone but the hotel for reservations.
Expensive lesson learned I guess....:thumbdown:

Hola Cole,

I was once a manager for Travelocity. How long before you realized your error from the time you booked and called?

If you call, once you are REALLY calm....chit chat in a friendly manner with the CSR...explain that you are so sorry YOU made a mistake, and are hoping they can help you out. Also, explain that you would appreciate speaking to a supervisor.

Hopefully, the CSR will like ya and plead your case to the supervisor before transferring. Talk to the supervisor....again in a calm and friendly manner explaining that you realize the mistake is yours, and that you would LOVE to continue to book ALL your future travel with TCY ("oh, and incidentally I have another biz trip in July") and that you would LOVE to rec the site to all your PC reps as well. "I know many who are looking to to make their itin's in the next few weeks".

Then listen.....the supervisor MAY be able to help....or at least offer you something to offset the loss.

Things may have changed since then....I remember airlines and hotels becoming ridiculous in their policies for refunds and changes.....but I always went above and beyond for the customers who called, were nice and admitted the error was theirs and not mine. :D

Also, if they do help you out....then follow up with a Thank You note so that the supervisor gets a good note in his/her file. Not to mention, it may be used as a training session on how to treat customers. Also, do as you implied and spread the word. So easy to gripe and advertise bad service, but rarely do we highlight all the good ones!

Hope this helps ya!

Wow..that stinks how they treated you. I would write a letter to the General Manager of the hotel, explain your situation, how you were treated etc. I would state that 1)you are a hard working dad, and do not need this extra expense after paying for your DD's college education:eek:, 2)really would like to use them again;) but can't justify that unless something can be done, 3)acknowledge your error, and 4)hope to hear from them soon...hey my mom used to say "Nothing ventured, nothing gained"--At the very least you will be able to vent some more and feel better knowing that you tried! I used to work for a very nice hotel/spa in FLA. and the last thing any company wants is negative talk about them especially when there are is much other competition in this economy...good luck and let me know how you did!

Hey Laurie looks like we typed about the time and same thoughts (kinda)

pamperedbybarbara said:
Hey Laurie looks like we typed about the time and same thoughts (kinda)

LOL.....too funny!

I was nice to the rep that I talked to and also to the supervisor till he told me tough luck it was their policy. That's when I lost it and told him what I thought. I was hoping to get something back.. figured I wasn't going to get all of it back.
I booked it friday, made my changes Saturday.. 1 day!!! and the reservation is over a week away..
I did send a letter to the company head.

I'm sorry, and I wish I could have helped you. :(

I always am careful to check the cancellation policy on anything. When I notice the huge difference in prices, it got me wondering. So many times they try to lure you in with a great rate, but if you read the Cancellation policy- they usually are non-refundable. So I am willing to play slightly higher, to have a refundable room should you need to make a change. Usually, it's only $20-40 more per night to have the cancellation option with no fee....and typically, with AAA discounts, I can still get the rate without the cancellation fee issue.Sorry this happened. But they won't fool you again!

What is the cancellation policy for hotel bookings?

The cancellation policy for hotel bookings varies depending on the specific hotel and room type you have booked. It is important to carefully review the cancellation policy before making your reservation. You may be able to cancel for a full refund within a certain time frame, but some bookings may be non-refundable. It's always best to contact the hotel directly for any questions or concerns about their cancellation policy.

Why was my credit card charged twice for my hotel booking?

Double charges for hotel bookings can occur for a few reasons. It's possible that your reservation was accidentally booked twice, or there may have been a technical error during the booking process. It's also important to check your credit card statement to see if any additional fees or taxes were charged. If you believe you were charged twice in error, it's best to contact the hotel and your credit card company to resolve the issue.

Can I make changes to my hotel booking?

Whether or not you can make changes to your hotel booking depends on the specific hotel's policies and the type of booking you made. Some hotels may allow changes to be made, but there could be fees associated with them. It's important to carefully review the terms and conditions of your booking or contact the hotel directly to inquire about making changes.

What should I do if I have a problem with my hotel room?

If you encounter any issues with your hotel room, it's best to first contact the front desk or hotel staff to see if they can resolve the problem. If you're still unsatisfied, you can also contact the booking site or your travel agent for assistance. It's always a good idea to document any issues with photos or written documentation in case you need to dispute any charges or request a refund.

Do I need to confirm my hotel reservation?

In most cases, you do not need to confirm your hotel reservation. However, if you have any concerns or changes to your travel plans, it's always best to contact the hotel directly to confirm your reservation and any special requests you may have. This can help avoid any issues or misunderstandings upon arrival at the hotel.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
  • Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • PampMomof3