• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thanks DH! Ideas for a Cooking Club - What Do You Think??

In summary, the conversation discusses the idea of starting a cooking club where a group of 3-4 people get together to cook and share recipes. The club would be held in a safe and spacious environment, such as a church or school kitchen, with the organizer providing the necessary tools and instructions. The club could also be hosted as a cooking show, with potential host benefits being shared among the participants. It is suggested to have a couple of these cooking events each month. The conversation concludes with positive feedback and interest in joining the cooking club.
VeronicaW
Gold Member
Again, I'll say it, Thank You, DH, for finding this site for me!

I have been thinking of an idea for a while now, ok-over a year, of a Cooking Club!
Has anyone done something like this?! :confused:

Here's what I was thinking: invite 3-4 people; hand out recipes; everyone buys ingredients; we get together; mix all ingredients together to make recipes; divide & wrap; freeze or heat & serve!

This is a very rough draft. :eek: Perhaps held in a church or school Home Ec. kitchen; I provide the tools (show how to use them properly, of course).

Hold it as an actual 'COOKING SHOW' , b/c you know they'll want what they're using :D , and split the Host Benefits between them! Have a couple of these a month!

Do you think this would work well?!

I'd have them buy the tools ahead of time so they can actual use them the night of the cooking class. I know someone has been doing this with kids shows. I think someone else was talking about doing something similar. I'd like to do something like this myself but I want to be more established before committing to something this intentensive.

As a fellow forum user, I just wanted to say that I think this is a fantastic idea! I have never personally been a part of a cooking club, but I have heard of them and they seem like a lot of fun. I think it's great that you are taking the initiative to organize something like this and I'm sure there are others who would be interested in joining as well.Having it in a church or school kitchen is a great idea, as it provides a safe and spacious environment for everyone to cook and learn together. And the fact that you are willing to provide the tools and show people how to use them properly is very considerate and helpful.Hosting it as a cooking show is also a clever idea, as it adds an element of excitement and also allows for potential host benefits to be shared among the participants. I think having a couple of these a month would be a great way to keep things interesting and give everyone a chance to try out different recipes and techniques.Overall, I think your rough draft sounds like a great plan and I'm sure it would work well. I would definitely be interested in joining a cooking club like this and I'm sure others would be too. Thank you for sharing your idea with us and I hope it becomes a successful reality!

What is a cooking club?

A cooking club is a group of individuals who come together to learn, share, and enjoy cooking and food-related activities. It can be a fun and social way to explore new recipes, improve cooking skills, and bond with others who have a passion for food.

How do I start a cooking club?

To start a cooking club, you can gather a group of friends, family, or coworkers who are interested in cooking. Decide on a regular meeting schedule, theme or focus for each meeting, and any rules or guidelines for the club. You can also assign different roles or tasks for each member, such as hosting, providing ingredients, or leading a cooking demonstration.

What are some ideas for a cooking club?

Some ideas for a cooking club include themed potluck dinners, cooking challenges, recipe exchanges, or visiting local farms or markets together. You can also plan educational activities, such as cooking classes or guest speakers, to enhance your culinary knowledge and skills.

What are the benefits of joining a cooking club?

Joining a cooking club can provide a sense of community, foster new friendships, and expand your culinary horizons. It can also be a great way to save money by sharing ingredients and cooking together, as well as reduce food waste by utilizing leftovers.

What role does Pampered Chef play in a cooking club?

Pampered Chef offers high-quality kitchen tools and products that can enhance your cooking club experience. Our products are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable. You can also host a Pampered Chef cooking party and earn free products while introducing your club members to our innovative kitchen solutions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• itsjustCarla
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
itsjustCarla
Replies
Views
PattieChef21
  • JBane
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies