• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Easter Plans & Recipe Ideas: Share What You're Cooking!

In summary,everyone is cooking Easter dinner. Debbie is making Easter cookies and scotch tape them together to make a cross.
pkd09
Silver Member
What are everyone's plans for Easter? For those of us who are cooking; what are you making? Looking for a few new ideas.

I'm going to my Mom's for brunch/open house. But I'm probably making some sort of trifle to take. (Problem is, Mom doesn't like chocolate cake, so I can't really do a chocolate one, but that's all that sounds good right now. I must be PMS-ing.)

I am making a Ham and mashed potatos... not sure about anything else as of yet. Probably some rolls or fresh home made bread, and a vegetable.... as for a desert there prob. won't be one. We have an easter party on Saturday so i'm sure there will be lots of junk food there... (i'm taking cupcakes)

baked brie, cool rasperry soup, shrimp, Prime rib, asparagus, salad, garlic mashed potatoes & ice cream cake

Teresa Lynn said:
Prime rib, asparagus, salad, garlic mashed potatoes & ice cream cake
I'M COMING TO YOUR HOUSE!!!!

Me Too!!!!!:)

my son will be home from college these are some of his favorites

We don't have family here so it's the 5 of us and my son's girlfriend.

We will go to sunrise service then help serve our Youth pancake breakfast so we will eat a late lunch. By the time I put dinner on the table I will probably have added at least 4 more things they will all casually mention they wish we were having..... & of course I'll oblige. :)

I am having Easter at my house. We are having ham and mashed potatoes. Everyone that is coming is bringing a side dish. I figure that I will have about 30 or so people coming so I hope that we will have enough food.

Bust out the grill!!After church we are heading over to a church member's house, who is great at making tasty barbecue. We will have ribs, chicken, sausage, brisket, and some rice, beans, potato salad for sides! Plus chips, dips and drinks! Oh and who can forget my famous cheesecake along with a wonderful trifle!! We will play volleyball, fellowship and welcome our pastor back who has been gone to India and China preaching for the past month. And saying goodbye to a missionary family who stayed with us on their furlough, but will return to Turkey in a few weeks!! A Joyous and Sad Celebration!!

I'm so hungry I can't wait!

Debbie :D

Easter Story Cookies

This is a great recipe to teach your Children the REAL story of Easter. That the Lord Jesus Christ our Savior is not dead but has Risen. We serve a Risen Savior...

This activity can be done as a "family" or for Sunday School. Of course the Sunday School option might be to hand it out to the class with a note to the parents. Grandparents might considering doing this with their grandchildren this year too!!!

So Grab your Apron and Let's Get Started!!!!!!!

You will need:
1 cup whole pecans
1 teaspoon vinegar
3 egg whites
a pinch salt
1 cup sugar
a zipper baggy
1 wooden spoon
scotch tape
Bible

Instructions:
These are to be made the evening before Easter. Preheat oven to 300F.
*** (this is very important --- don't wait until you are half done with the recipe).
Place pecans in zipper baggy and let children beat them with the wooden spoon
to break into small pieces. Explain that after Jesus was arrested. He
was beaten by the Roman soldiers. Read: John 19:1-3

Let each child smell the vinegar. Put 1 teaspoon vinegar into mixing bowl.
Explain that when Jesus was thirsty on the cross He was given vinegar
to drink. Read: John 19:28-30

Add egg whites to vinegar. Eggs represent life. Explain that Jesus gave His life
to give us life. Read: John 10:10&11

Sprinkle a little salt into each child's hand. Let them taste it and brush the rest
into the bowl. Explain that this represents the salty tears shed by Jesus' followers,
and the bitterness of our own sin. Read: Luke 23:27

So far the ingredients are not very appetizing. Add 1 cup sugar. Explain that the
sweetest part of the story is that Jesus died because He loves us. He wants us to
know and belong to Him. Read: Psalm 34:8 and John 3:16

Beat with a mixer on high speed for 12 to 15 minutes until stiff peaks are formed.
Explain that the color white represents the purity in God's eyes of those whose sins
have been cleansed by Jesus. Read: Isaiah 1:18 and John 3:1-3

Fold in broken nuts. Drop by teaspoon onto waxed paper covered cookie sheet.
Explain that each mound represents the rocky tomb where Jesus' body was laid.
Read: Matthew 27:57-60

Put the cookie sheet in the oven, close the door and turn the oven OFF.

Give each child a piece of tape and seal the oven door.
Explain that Jesus tomb was sealed. Read: Matthew 27:65-66

GO TO BED!

Explain that they may feel sad to leave the cookies in the oven overnight.
Jesus' followers were in despair when the tomb was sealed. Read: John 16:20&22

On Resurrection Sunday (Easter) morning, open the oven and give everyone a cookie. Notice the cracked surface and take a bite. The cookies are hollow! On the first Easter Jesus' followers were amazed to find the tomb open and empty. Read: Matthew 28:1-9

My husband and I will probably just eat whatever. We don't celebrate easter. We might fix something better than what we normally eat, but I'm not going to go out of my way to make anything special or expensive. We are trying to save money for bills.

Janet - I am so glad you posted these Easter cookies. I had never seen this. I think I will start a tradition with my son on baking these. We back Jesus a birthday cake on Christmas day. He is only 2 , so, he will not understand it all, but I do believe that by starting early I am instilling the most important things he needs to know about why we really celebrate.

This is an awesome way to teach him Easter is not REALLY for the Easter Bunny!!!

Thank you, thank you!!

And I may have to teach the Easter story at church Wednesday night during our AWANA class (I will know tomorrow) and I will either use this without the cooking or the Resurrection Eggs I found on the internet.

We made these for years with our kids.
Looking forward to passing the tradition down when we have grandkids

Related to Easter Plans & Recipe Ideas: Share What You're Cooking!

1. What are some easy Easter recipes I can make with Pampered Chef products?

There are so many delicious recipes you can make with Pampered Chef products for Easter! Some popular options include our Classic Easter Ham made in the Deluxe Cooking Blender, our Deviled Egg Tray for perfectly shaped deviled eggs, and our Easter Egg Cookie Decorating Kit for a fun and festive dessert.

2. What are some healthy Easter recipes that incorporate fresh spring produce?

We have plenty of nutritious and flavorful recipes that feature fresh spring produce for Easter. Some ideas include our Roasted Spring Vegetables made with the Ceramic Egg Cooker, our Spring Pea and Mint Soup made in the Quick Cooker, and our Strawberry Spinach Salad made with the Salad Chopper.

3. Do you have any suggestions for Easter brunch dishes?

Absolutely! Some popular brunch dishes for Easter include our Asparagus, Mushroom, and Goat Cheese Frittata made in the Stoneware 12” Skillet, our Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Bake made with the Brownie Pan, and our Mini Quiche Cups made in the Mini Muffin Pan.

4. Can you recommend any recipes for a traditional Easter dinner?

We have many traditional Easter dinner recipes that are sure to impress your guests. Some favorites include our Rosemary Garlic Roasted Lamb made in the Rockcrok Dutch Oven, our Creamy Scalloped Potatoes made in the Square Baker, and our Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting made in the Springform Pan.

5. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for Easter dinner?

Absolutely! We have plenty of delicious vegetarian and vegan recipes that are perfect for Easter dinner. Some options include our Vegetarian Pot Pie made in the Deep Covered Baker, our Vegan Lentil Shepherd’s Pie made in the Rockcrok Dutch Oven, and our Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse made in the Deluxe Air Fryer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• OhmyDLM
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pcheflena
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCLaurel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies