• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Safe Cooking Activities for 3-Year-Olds?

create a colorful drink! One idea is to make a rainbow smoothie. You just need a blender, some ice, and your favorite fruits. Blend everything together and pour it into glasses. Kids love smoothies, so this would be a great way to get them to drink their fruits and vegetables.
chefbritt
I teach a Preschoolers and Parents class at the health club I work at, and one of our features is going to be on cooking. Our kids are 3 years old, some of them just barely, so their capabilities and attention spans are small. Also, we have no kitchen, so they have to be recipes that don't involve cooking/baking. If anyone has any ideas that work with this age group, it is much appreciated! TIA!

My 3 yo loves the Food Chopper.

Have you looked at our Kid's Cookbook? I'm sure there are things in there that you could do the baking part in advance and have the kids finish it off.

My 3 year old daughter loves to help me make the tuxedo brownies. I bake them early and let them cool and she loves help me put icing on them...

DebbieJ said:
My 3 yo loves the Food Chopper.

Have you looked at our Kid's Cookbook? I'm sure there are things in there that you could do the baking part in advance and have the kids finish it off.

I don't have the Kid's cookbook, so I'm not sure what's in there. Thanks for the ideas though. I haven't brought any of my PC stuff in yet, I think mostly because I'm so protective of it and don't want anything to happen to it. I probably need to though, because right now we're making due with a portable burner, one cheap old pot with the coating peeling, and a couple old utensils.

My almost 3 yr old has a "my safe cutter", and I steam veggies for him, and let him cut them up to eat with ranch dip. He likes to cut carrots, broccoli & cauliflower. (I steam them because then they are easier to cut, and also easier for him to eat). I would think you could also do this with fruits (w/o cooking) - maybe some peach halves and bananas and strawberries, and pineapple and kiwi, have them slice those up w/ the "my safe cutter" for dipping into yogurt or fruit dip.

He likes to help me stir things, but the coordination isn't really there yet to really stir.....and he loves to stand on a chair at the sink and "wash dishes" for me....

The Egg Slicer is great for slicing bananas. The kids could certainly do that.

What about doing the taffy apple pizza - just do the base at home, let the kids help decorate? or the Smore brownie bites? Do the brownies at home, put the toppings in prep bowls, and let them do it. I'm doing a mommy n me show here on Thursday and I"m doing the tic/tac/toe pizza and the smore brownie bites. Oh, I"m doing an orange slushie in the Quik Stir, too - that's something else you can do with them. My dd loves to work the plunger! :) HTH!

My kids love grinding choc. chips in the cheese grater...

What if you did individual taffy apple pizzas or fruit pizzas? Make the crust into cookie size instead of one big one, and let them each decorate their own?

Or using decorator bottles, they can frost their own cupcakes?

Good luck!

KellyTheChef said:
What if you did individual taffy apple pizzas or fruit pizzas? Make the crust into cookie size instead of one big one, and let them each decorate their own?

Or using decorator bottles, they can frost their own cupcakes?

Good luck!

Kelly that is the cutest idea with personal sized versions on pc recipes! I think I will definitely have to start marketing this as a show! I remember as a kid (like 6) we went and made personal pizzas and we thought it was the coolest thing ever!

Ice CreamI have a soon to be three year old and she loves to do the things I listed below.

Kids love ice cream and you could use the ice cream sandwich maker. Just bring plenty of napkins, your spreader, Ice cream scoop, and SA pieces to display the sandwiches.

You could also do PB&J sandwiches with the cut n seal.

Decorator bottles with cupcakes is something all my kids love to do.

Creative cutters to cut cheese slices into shapes and also ham and turkey to place on crackers.

Cookie pizzas - bake your sugar cookies at home and let them top them with all kinds of goodies that they slice with the egg slicer plus, the safe cutter, and a shot of whipped cream with the EAD. Just bring a cooler to keep things cool.

Debbie :D

Be sure to bring a Quick Stir Pitcher. My 2 yr old and 5 yr old LOVE to mix the Kool-Aid everytime time I give them a drink. You could make it fun by using water and adding colored oil and glitter so they can see everything mix up. Just for fun of course...not for eating.

Maybe have a couple stainless steel bowls filled with dried beans and let them use measuring cups to scoop the beans and bamboo spoons to stir them.

Thanks ladies! These ideas are great! I wish I had all of the products you're talking about. I don't have kids, so I've never thought to buy a lot of them, and others, like the EAD, have been on my list but I haven't quite got there yet. I guess I know what I need to put on my kit enhancement order!

What do you have?The start up kit? Is that what you have so far?

Debbie :D

I have more than the kit. I've been doing PC for 10 months, so I've accumulated quite a bit since i started, plus I had some before. I have almost all of the stoneware and a lot of SA, but a lot of the smaller stuff I haven't gotten yet. I'm not necessarily looking for things to do with PC products though, just any ideas to do with the kids. So a lot of these can be adapted to use without the PC stuff. Although, working in PC here and there wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, since the parents do stick around for the classes, and I'm always looking for new customers and hosts! Thanks for the ideas!

Brittany~

Can you check with your Director or recruiter to see if you can borrow any of the items you would like to use? I know I never mind if someone wants to borrow any of my stuff!

The "my safe cutter" is very inexpensive....do you think parents would all like to purchase one for their child in anticipation of the show? You could put it in as one order, so they wouldn't have to all pay $4 shipping.

My dd is almost 3. Her absolute favorite thing to do is slice things with the egg slicer. Strawberries, bananas, olives all are good. You could make sugar cookie pizzas. Either frost them beforehand and have the kids top them (fruits mentioned, candies -- could chop w/ food chopper, sprinkles, choco chips, etc.), or have the frosting be something else they could do.

If you did the undividual pizzas, you could have them slice olives ir mushrooms too.

Also, it would be fun to do a play-dough party. You could make the dough -- even could do edible if you want, or scented. Then, have the "play-dough kit"... garlic press, can strainer, egg slicer, creative cutters, baker's roller, etc. I think the mix-n-chop, ead, and cookie press might work too depending on the dough (and how much effort you want to put into clean-up after).

What are some easy recipes to make with my 3-year-old?

Some easy recipes to make with your 3-year-old include no-bake energy bites, fruit skewers, and homemade pizza with pre-made dough. These recipes require minimal prep and are perfect for little hands to help with.

How can I involve my 3-year-old in the cooking process?

You can involve your 3-year-old in the cooking process by giving them simple tasks such as stirring, pouring, and measuring ingredients. You can also have them help with decorating or adding toppings to dishes.

What kitchen tools are safe for my 3-year-old to use?

Some safe kitchen tools for a 3-year-old to use include plastic measuring cups and spoons, plastic knives, and cookie cutters. Make sure to supervise your child at all times and choose tools that are appropriate for their age and skill level.

What are some healthy and fun snacks to make with my 3-year-old?

Some healthy and fun snacks to make with your 3-year-old include homemade fruit popsicles, ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and raisins), and yogurt parfaits with fresh fruit. These snacks are not only delicious but also nutritious.

How do I introduce my 3-year-old to new and unfamiliar foods?

To introduce your 3-year-old to new and unfamiliar foods, involve them in the cooking process. Let them help with washing and preparing the food, and encourage them to try a small bite. You can also make the food into fun shapes or combine it with familiar foods to make it more appealing to your child.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedval
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
MORFIA
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
Replies
Views
DeannaK1022